Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How’s your Albion Mojo

Where is you Albion mojo?

• Total voters

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Irrespective of what has happened we have no live footie for three months. That has to be a 4.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Currently 5/10......low following poor end to season then went lower after hearing about Chris being sacked.
It’s raised a bit by the thought of changing things and seeing what happens but realistically can’t see where we go just yet.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
5.Confess I had hoped for evolution rather than revolution and that CH and DA would have been planning recruits and strategy to deliver a more dynamic side next season. And whilst I can understand the rationale behind the decision, the timing was pretty brutal.

I hope the decision has not been taken because of players bitching to Bloom or Ashworth behind Hughton's back, because that sets a dangerous precedent.

Not convinced by the names being suggested as Hughton's replacement. Only time will tell. Just hope that, by Christmas TB doesn't find himself on the phone to Allardyce or Pulis.

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Was 10 at the end of the season as we had stayed up and was looking forward to what would happen over summer in preparation for a new season.
Down to a 2 now - probably the lowest my Albion mojo has been since leaving Priestfield.
For the first time in a very long time I don't feel proud of the club at the moment.
Very disappointed with CH sacking. But doing it hours after he was interviewed on the pitch with his grandchild about the next season, not giving fans the chance to show their appreciation and (very childlishly imho) not even recognizing his hard work in the programme notes to me also really disappointed me.
I thought there was something different about our club and the way we did things. Clearly I was wrong.
I expect us to get relegated next season now and have NEVER expected relegation before (hoping I will be wrong again)

Very very much this Kneon

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
7 - have really not enjoyed the football this season so regardless of where we end up this time next year just glad the club have recognised change was needed. Hopefully we can have a good window and progressive manager installed and start to see a more expansive and optimistic approach to our matches next season rather than acting like someone who has sneaked into the cool kids party uninvited.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was glad the season has ended and am ready for a break and whilst I welcome the news of Hughton's sacking I am concerned at the names being mentioned. Nobody leaps out at me as an obvious candidate to succeed him, whereas there are a number than worry me - Phil Neville and Frank Lampard being two.

That said, I put my mojo at an 8, because I feel if Bloom had the balls to sack Hughton and he feels Potter - with his unconventional, studious but positive approach to management - is the right man for the job then let's support him and see how it goes.

We need Tony to stay interested in this project and he is more likely to commit emotionally and financially if he really believes Potter is the man than, say, appointing Phil Neville just because Dan Ashworth says so.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
3. Waiting for The Next Sami and relegation

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach

More to do with the fact that the club have made it clear that there is little room for a fan in my situation.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Not being critical of your opinion, how realistically would you have handled the situation if after much deliberation and soul searching you decided that a new manager was the right thing for your club ( in which you had invested SO much, emotionally and financially)?

Certainly not lopped him off the morning after he'd walked around our pitch with his grandkids celebrating staying up for a 2nd season. Then being inerviewed afterwards where he was quite obviously oblivious to what was going to happen, which now makes him looks slightly foolish. I'd have let the dust settle and either way try and word it that they had parted ways amicably allowing Chris any recompense due, and for those fans who wanted to be able somehow to show their thanks.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Certainly not lopped him off the morning after he'd walked around our pitch with his grandkids celebrating staying up for a 2nd season. Then being inerviewed afterwards where he was quite obviously oblivious to what was going to happen, which now makes him looks slightly foolish. I'd have let the dust settle and either way try and word it that they had parted ways amicably allowing Chris any recompense due, and for those fans who wanted to be able somehow to show their thanks.
He could have sacked him before the final game, then we wouldn’t have had the opportunity to say any kind of goodbye at the lap of appreciation (obviously none of us were to know it was a last goodbye). Or he could have procrastinated and waited a while, but I’m not sure how that would have benefited anyone. It was a horrible, but necessary task in my opinion. None of us know what words were exchanged or what kind of terms they parted company.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've been in the Hughton Out camp for a little while so, whilst I'm a bit shocked at the manner of his departure and doing my best to remember the good times, I can't help but be quite excited for the future.

New manager, new style, new players (?), current players coming good (?).

Albion Mojo - 8/10.

I was in the Hughton In camp, but aside from that, I agree entirely.

I particularly wonder if a new regime, as you suggest, might give a new lease of life to some of our existing players. even the so-called duds.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm at 4 but I was probably at about minus 20 during the first half of the Newcastle game, so it's on an upwards curve.

I will miss Bruno so that's one negative. Without him and CH I fear for Knocky's mental health. So that's another. I think CH was an honourable and decent man who can honestly lay claim to perhaps being our best manager ever, with only Mullery as competition.

But everyone knows what happened after Mullery. A (still record) 13th place finish but the dullest football imaginable, so that crowds dropped off anyway. A Cup Final. And then - the long slow descent towards oblivion. So I also worry that this is a gamble too far, that next season the very opposite to Mike Bailey may happen and we'll go down playing some lovely stuff.

But......

I think if we'd stuck with CH we'd have gone down anyway. I think TB has thrown the dice, knowing that 100 odd million was at risk if CH was kept on. So I'm "up" to 4/10 based on the fact that we have done something and that the gamble has been placed by a well known and succesful gambler.

Make the right appointment and bring in the right players and I'll be a good 10 come kick off time in August.

Bring in Boothroyd and try to get him to turn Ali J and Locadia in to footballers and my ticket for the first game will be on the exchange.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You have made some massive (ludicrous) assumptions as to what may have gone on to justify your point. Do you really believe Chris would favour a “sacking” on his cv for the sake of some extra compo.

Why wouldn't he? Especially if it is 2 year's salary at best part of a bloody lot. All football managers have sackings on their CVs. Some more than others but it never stops them getting another job. Hughton is living proof of that.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cant remember to feeling this fed up for a long time.
First Bruno and then Hughton.......

Talk of potentially inferior managers IMO, can't see anything to be positive about.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
9 - Filled with excitement rather than dread. Looking forward to next season.
I'm pretty much the same. An 8 or 9 for me simply because there's a possibility we won't see turgid football next season. There's a possibility we will but for now it's a new beginning.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here