Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton Manager?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
OK if I was putting money on it ..... I would say its likely to be an inexperienced in terms of prem league manager we end up with as I dont se us poaching from another club unless its Rafa who does not get the promises he wants at Newcastle.

Not sure how close the connection would have been but Dan Ashworth & Phil Neville may well have crossed paths at England level and the women's team have done pretty well since so I just have this little feeling that could be one from the blind side.

Would like us to go British but not sure who we will go after on the list of candidates , maybe the Bristol City manager Lee Johnson.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
…... .or Bielsa.

Soon available in the Club Shop

4221396001_5856347354001_5856346943001-vs.jpg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hopefully nobody on that list . Not sure I’ve seen such a poor choice of its one of those

1/8 does sound a done deal though

Bizarre if it is him

Hoping not

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Phil Neville reckons he was offered the job when Gus went. I suspect the Potter money is significant. TB would have a better idea than virtually ever other chairman of the merits of Potter's Ostersund exploits and he has backed it up with a decent spell at Swansea.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
There are some depressing names on the bookies lists, Rowett, Redknapp, Pardew, Moyes, Hughes, I'd rip my season ticket up if anyone like that got the job

I think I might just rip mine up anyway.....

#TOGETHER.

Bullocks

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I hear our 'arry is fed up with making jam roly polys :)

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Why on earth would we go for a manager who has yet to cut his teeth at the highest level ??!!! So... we sack a man with plenty of experience in order to get someone in rubbing his eyes in the toughest league in the world. Not the best idea.

My gut instinct is to find a young-ish manager who has done great things in one of the top European Leagues and would jump at the chance of managing a PL club. I always look at these lists of potential 'big' managers and see short-term journeymen. A quick fix, until the players get bored of him - then form dips, he gets sacked, and we start all over again.

A young, hungry manager with an infectious personality and drive is what I'd like to see.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Why on earth would we go for a manager who has yet to cut his teeth at the highest level ??!!! So... we sack a man with plenty of experience in order to get someone in rubbing his eyes in the toughest league in the world. Not the best idea.

My gut instinct is to find a young-ish manager who has done great things in one of the top European Leagues and would jump at the chance of managing a PL club. I always look at these lists of potential 'big' managers and see short-term journeymen. A quick fix, until the players get bored of him - then form dips, he gets sacked, and we start all over again.

A young, hungry manager with an infectious personality and drive is what I'd like to see.

Gerrard? (Not sure about the personality bit though)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here