Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much extra security on Sunday?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Earrings....it's the future

m_51cc903e82fe061c890090cd.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If anyone’s interested I have made up a load of placards out of thrown out cardboard. Written on each placard, with a second hand marker pen, is :

“ ———————- can I have your shirt ?”

I want one created by [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] that says "Vince Kompany can I have your shirt?"

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What's the chances of the stewards keeping the Citeh fans off the pitch?

Actually think there could be serious issues with ticketless Manc fans trying to get into the stadium for the presentation via all the stairwells to our areas. Really hope Sussex police have thought of this and have enough officers to cope. They were useless at the Palace game and you can't expect a steward on rubbish money with no power of arrest to put their arse on the line.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No need to worry, all stewards are armed with quiz cards to ask everyone entering the ground an Albion based question for home fans or City based question for the away end, 1901 members are asked cuisine questions.

So I hope you all know who our manager is

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Actually think there could be serious issues with ticketless Manc fans trying to get into the stadium for the presentation via all the stairwells to our areas. Really hope Sussex police have thought of this and have enough officers to cope. They were useless at the Palace game and you can't expect a steward on rubbish money with no power of arrest to put their arse on the line.

Will they be allowed to bring flasks in? Sorry UNREST didn't see yours!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Won't be any issues. You often mess your pants about things that never happen so have a cup of tea , sit down and don't panic.

Will be absolutely fine. City fans be good value before the game.

Beat them last min and even afterwards wouldn't see a lot of issues

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is the North concourse going to be open after the game? I normally meet a mate in there for a pint and as we'll be on the train even more important that I waste an hour before heading off.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
assume the cup will be at Gatwick ready to fly to Liverpool or drive to Amex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No need to worry, all stewards are armed with quiz cards to ask everyone entering the ground an Albion based question for home fans or City based question for the away end, 1901 members are asked cuisine questions.

The club has asked me to supply a set of photos. Security will flash a photo and you have two attempts to guess the dish.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You jest (maybe) but that was pretty much the scenario at Withdean in the Double Championes clincher v Swindon. Complete home sell-out obviously. So... courtesy of a Gloucester-based Albion chum, we ended up with I think 13 or 14 Swindon-issued tickets for the away end, all spread out on my lounge carpet. Rumour was that away fans would be asked the name of the Swindon assistant manager at the turnstiles by way of verification. Which we all duly did (was the answer Andy King? I forget now). Anyways, half the away end was Albion fans that day, the game ended 0-0 and everybody, Albion and Swindon fans stayed behind and enjoyed the presentation. Happy daze!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You jest (maybe) but that was pretty much the scenario at Withdean in the Double Championes clincher v Swindon. Complete home sell-out obvioysly so... courtesy of a Gloucester-based Albion chum, we ended up with I think 13 or 14 Swindon-issued tickets for the away end. Rumour was Swindon fans would be asked the name of the Swindon assistant manager at the turnstiles by way of verification. Which we all duly did (was the answer Andy King? I forget now). Anyways, half the away end was Albion fans that day, the game ended 0-0 and everybody, Albion and Swindon fans stayed behind and enjoyes the presentation. Happy daze!

:whistle:

I believe I may have been sat in there myself with [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION]. A fine day!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Yep, Houghton isn't it? :ffsparr:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You jest (maybe) but that was pretty much the scenario at Withdean in the Double Championes clincher v Swindon. Complete home sell-out obviously. So... courtesy of a Gloucester-based Albion chum, we ended up with I think 13 or 14 Swindon-issued tickets for the away end, all spread out on my lounge carpet. Rumour was that away fans would be asked the name of the Swindon assistant manager at the turnstiles by way of verification. Which we all duly did (was the answer Andy King? I forget now). Anyways, half the away end was Albion fans that day, the game ended 0-0 and everybody, Albion and Swindon fans stayed behind and enjoyed the presentation. Happy daze!

That was so funny.

Anyways the club have published their missive with warnings about selling on tickets apart from the ticket exchange.

It also says our lads will do a lap of appreciation before any presentation to Man City should they win the title.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/may/important-information-ahead-of-sunday/

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here