Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, farewell then Seagulls World/Player

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Is there any official announcement about this?

I've been a Seagulls Player subscriber for years and haven't seen anything on the official website nor received any communication from the club or EFL / Neulion.

here is the mail..

We hope you have enjoyed the 2018/19 Season so far and your subscription to Seagulls TV.

For the 2019/20 season, Seagulls TV will be leaving the iFollow platform, and therefore your subscription will be coming to end. This email is to inform you that your May payment will be your last, and you won’t be charged after this or have access to iFollow for Seagulls TV from 30th June.

Service Summary

Service: Monthly Pass (Brighton & Hove Albion)
Total Price: 6 EUR (inclusive of VAT/sales tax)
Subscription Period*: Monthly

You do not need to do anything, as your cancellation will happen automatically.

Thank you for your subscription and we hope you enjoyed the service.

Brighton & Hove Albion will be launching a new club website, app and video platform in the summer and will be in contact with you at the end of this season with further information on the video and audio features that will be available and the benefits for you to enjoy.

If you have any queries regarding your account or the cancellation process, please contact contact ifollow@efl.com.

EFL Digital

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I received an email from the club this morning

Yes, we got an email yesterday about it.

Edit. From EFL not the club

here is the mail..

We hope you have enjoyed the 2018/19 Season so far and your subscription to Seagulls TV.

For the 2019/20 season, Seagulls TV will be leaving the iFollow platform, and therefore your subscription will be coming to end. This email is to inform you that your May payment will be your last, and you won’t be charged after this or have access to iFollow for Seagulls TV from 30th June.

Service Summary

Service: Monthly Pass (Brighton & Hove Albion)
Total Price: 6 EUR (inclusive of VAT/sales tax)
Subscription Period*: Monthly

You do not need to do anything, as your cancellation will happen automatically.

Thank you for your subscription and we hope you enjoyed the service.

Brighton & Hove Albion will be launching a new club website, app and video platform in the summer and will be in contact with you at the end of this season with further information on the video and audio features that will be available and the benefits for you to enjoy.

If you have any queries regarding your account or the cancellation process, please contact contact ifollow@efl.com.

EFL Digital

Thanks for the swift replies. :thumbsup: I guess the further away from the UK we are, the longer it takes them to inform us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Received the e mail from EFL saying that the next payment will be the last but nothing from the club touting for business. I wonder if there is any way the club can charge a higher rate and include away games, that would solve a lot of problems and I wouldnt think the home clubs would be too worried about no away supporters or very few.

Last edited:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Thanks for the swift replies. :thumbsup: I guess the further away from the UK we are, the longer it takes them to inform us.
I'm in BN1 and not heard a dicky bird yet! To be honest, I'm happy with them ditching it, as long as the replacement is better. The app seems buggy as hell. I did try and use it for the live commentary at Wembley, being high up - I listen to Wazza and JC at the Amex much of the time (even if just one earphone in) as it gives info on things not clear from our seats. However, it was working OK before the game started, then it died, and the app, throughout the first half (when it was working) was still telling me the match was coming up and there was no commentary. In between freezing/crashing. Didn't want to listen to Talkshite so went without.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Since they fixed most of the issues with the site it's been ok. How they held on to Flash player for so long I'll never know. The search functionality was dreadful if you wanted to watch past games/highlights for example.

I would personally love

- A decent app with Chromecast support and push notifications when new content arrives
- 1080p 50fps like YouTube used to be when we were in the Championship
- A better match centre (photos uploaded during the match)
- Just more content in general. The lions den thing England did on YouTube has been a roaring success. That sort of thing would be great, especially for the kids.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Received the e mail from EFL saying that the next payment will be the last but nothing from the club touting for business. I wonder if there is any way the club can charge a higher rate and include away games, that would solve a lot of problems and I wouldnt think the home clubs would be too worried about no away supporters or very few.

I just don't think that is going to be happening - the problem is the Nationwide ban on telecasting live football.

Would be great if you were right though !

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I noticed the following teaser in the announcement of the new MyAlbion membership:

A host of new digital content will be available through a refreshed BrightonAndHoveAlbion.com in the summer that will only be available to members of MyAlbion, MyAlbion+ and season ticket holders.

“The change comes at a time when we will soon be launching our official Supporters clubs programme and are planning a new website and app launch over the summer that will be able to deliver an improved experience in video and content,” added marketing manager Marc Dring.

I'm hoping that means that access to the SeagullsTV replacement will be at no additional cost to members and STHs.

The full article is at https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/march/201920-myalbion-membership-on-sale-now/

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Something... for... for... for... nothing? ???

Yeah. Right. :lolol:

OK, perhaps it would have been more realistic to say, "I'm hoping that STHs will have at least some free videos, as we currently have with the free level of subscription to SeagullsTV, even if there is some additional premium content that needs additional payment."

Personally, I would love to see us start up our own broadcast channel on Sky etc, to sit alongside the likes of, for example, LiverpoolTV. Pie in the sky at the moment, maybe?

luge

Dec 18, 2010
OK, perhaps it would have been more realistic to say, "I'm hoping that STHs will have at least some free videos, as we currently have with the free level of subscription to SeagullsTV, even if there is some additional premium content that needs additional payment."

Personally, I would love to see us start up our own broadcast channel on Sky etc, to sit alongside the likes of, for example, LiverpoolTV. Pie in the sky at the moment, maybe?

Not v cost effective. But clubs are starting to make more of their own stuff, and investing time in it. The more they control the message, the better - plus they can gear up more things that their fans will like. Massive change from even a couple of years ago when reliance was on broadcast to do this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has anybody heard or seen anything yet about the new service? The last payment to IFollow has gone out of the bank.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Demand is surely fizzling out though. With games available around the globe on TV in the Prem and the era of the 'dodgy stream' how many people are really relying on Warren Aspinall via the internet these days?

If the worst happens and we did go down, overseas customers can legally watch every game live as well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Think you're find there are lots that just wants commentary, moody streams aren't for everyone

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Hi ,

We hope you enjoyed viewing content through Seagulls TV last season. We need to inform you that a change to our online TV platform will be taking place over the coming weeks when we launch a new club website, with Seagulls TV becoming MyAlbion TV.

This platform will offer video free of charge when you create a new MyAlbion account. Details of how to do this will be sent to you once the platform is live in a few weeks.

We are still finalising details for audio commentary ahead of the new Premier League season, details of which will be announced soon.

In the meantime you will notice that all Seagulls TV content launched in the interim period will be available without having to log in or register.

Thank you for your continued support.

If they had chosen Albion My Albion TV they would have been in for one hell of a copyright fight.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Think you're find there are lots that just wants commentary, moody streams aren't for everyone

Hi ,

We hope you enjoyed viewing content through Seagulls TV last season. We need to inform you that a change to our online TV platform will be taking place over the coming weeks when we launch a new club website, with Seagulls TV becoming MyAlbion TV.

This platform will offer video free of charge when you create a new MyAlbion account. Details of how to do this will be sent to you once the platform is live in a few weeks.

We are still finalising details for audio commentary ahead of the new Premier League season, details of which will be announced soon.

In the meantime you will notice that all Seagulls TV content launched in the interim period will be available without having to log in or register.

If they had chosen Albion My Albion TV they would have been in for one hell of a copyright fight.

As much as I enjoy the BBC Sussex commentary from Wozza and JC, I'm not renewing my subscription, as I'm finding my patience running thin with the constant buffering and break in commentary.
I'm sticking to moody streams, Sky Sports football app and NSC.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Hi ,

This platform will offer free video when you create a MyAlbion account.

The MyAlbion account will offer many other benefits including one stop shopping for all things Albion.
Yours for an early bird discounted price of £154.95

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Lovely idea, but there wouldn’t be the viewers to meet the huge costs (income from the monthly fees via Sky/BT and advertisers). Two or three PL clubs have the luxury of huge numbers of fans in the British Isles and globally.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
This platform will offer free video when you create a MyAlbion account.

The MyAlbion account will offer many other benefits including one stop shopping for all things Albion.
Yours for an early bird discounted price of £154.95

Yes, The Albion My Albion MyAlbion TV Account. Wait till they see it at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here