Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
No i disgree.?..if he was told he was involved in the Arsenal game he should have been grateful even if it was for two minutes. It's a team game....squad game and he should have been there to give his all for however much time he was called upon. He is paid a lot of money for his services and should repay his employers and the fans with enthusiasm that his position demands. Having said that I like Knocky and can't quite see how this situation is developing and will play out.

I don't disagree with that either, all I was doing was giving a possible scenario. It's highly unlikely any of us will ever know unless one of the involved parties comments on it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Knocky in March's position sometimes, who it seems to be immune from being dropped/rested, especially against teams in bottom 13

I get March does brilliant stuff defending etc, but given the same position against Arsenal with the chip to win the game, and other similar chances, I know that Knocky would likely put these away.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Just don’t buy this time off thing. In the squad v Arsenal but not 3 days later? Come on.....

And it’s sounds like looking for excuses saying he needs to be carefully managed etc etc.

He may well do, but CH has enough on his plate managing a team in the Premier League without one of his players throwing strops. A couple of years ago he was a key player but no more, we now have three other wingers, all of whom have been consistently picked ahead of him this season when fit. He’s dispensable and I think he’s struggling to deal with that.

Sounds like he’s on his way out to me - probably back to France to be closer to his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Just don’t buy this time off thing. In the squad v Arsenal but not 3 days later? Come on.....

And it’s sounds like looking for excuses saying he needs to be carefully managed etc etc.

He may well do, but CH has enough on his plate managing a team in the Premier League without one of his players throwing strops. A couple of years ago he was a key player but no more, we now have three other wingers, all of whom have been consistently picked ahead of him this season when fit. He’s dispensable and I think he’s struggling to deal with that.

Sounds like he’s on his way out to me - probably back to France to be closer to his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we can now do without high maintenance players like Knocky. As you quite rightly say, CH has enough to do managing a Premier League without wasting time on one stroppy individual. As the old saying goes, and it's a good one, SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Haven't read all so apologies if already mentioned but I understand AK suffers from a mental illness. He's had a traumatic few years in his personal life. Not sure if that's link to his absence but....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Knocky has been a major contributor to where we are now and is still a very valuable asset.
Anyone slating him needs to have a word with themselves.

I strongly suspect that his absence has more to do with his mental health than anything else.
He came out about the impact of the break up of his family, on his state of mind, just a few months ago.

Christmas away from your kids in the first couple of years after a split up, can be a very difficult time.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
This is the thing. We can all speculate and gossip but not one of us knows what's going on.

All I will say is I absolutely love the bloke and wish him well with his battles.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is the thing. We can all speculate and gossip but not one of us knows what's going on.

All I will say is I absolutely love the bloke and wish him well with his battles.

This. We shouldn’t be jumping to conclusions.....it’s all guesswork, sure the right decisions are being made for the right reasons.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How quickly people forget. One of the major reasons we reached the PL.
How quickly people forget ............ how quickly Leicester off-loaded him once they got to the PL.

True. We don't know all the details - so by all means give him some leeway ............................... but ultimately he has to offer something better than the other wingers in our squad; once he doesn't, this is football, and it's a hard world, but it would be time to go. Hope that's not the case - he's an Albion favourite and rightly so, but that still doesn't guarantee him a place.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I suspect he may be having some difficulty adjusting to the, as he would no doubt see it, reduced role of squad member rather than automatic first team choice

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
How quickly people forget ............ how quickly Leicester off-loaded him once they got to the PL.

If people say this enough times, does it automatically become fact?

Even in this very thread it has been explained that this is not the case at all... Leicester offered Knocky a contract, HE turned it down to be closer to his family in France and went to Belgium.

Leicester did not offload him when they got to the PL.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Well, sorry - but I feckin' love the bloke. Hence my username.

He's got more sides to him than a twenty pence piece but his heart is on his sleeve, and he loves this club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If people say this enough times, does it automatically become fact?

Even in this very thread it has been explained that this is not the case at all... Leicester offered Knocky a contract, HE turned it down to be closer to his family in France and went to Belgium.

Leicester did not offload him when they got to the PL.
No, but the fact that they'd bought in his replacement might well have influenced his decision!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Incidentally my son was told the same in ESU pre game and before the team was announced. We shall just have to wait and see what happens in January, if anything.
I don't understand this as all I have done is passed on gossip that I heard as some may have heard the same or have a view on the possible plausibility of it , nothing serious or detrimental to anybody and all I have received is abuse.
People who know you say you like a bit of a wind-up. You've posted something quite outlandish, and you claim that both you and your son heard the same thing in different stands, yet non of the thousands of posters here heard it.

It sounds as though you're lying. Maybe that's why you get abuse.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here