Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What changes do we need to make?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This. I just don’t get it, play it into the danger zone, let Shane attack it there, it’s ****ing nonsense this chipping it the back of the 6 yard box.
We really are a joke, I’m not a manager by any means but could still work out how to beat us with 11 average pro players.

When is the last time we overlapped in the oppositions box?, I can’t even remember Bloom must be on crack to let this continue.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d arrange a friendly against Ferring reserves so as to boost confidence by scoring a goal

Are Ferring reserves that lacking in confidence? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We really are a joke, I’m not a manager by any means but could still work out how to beat us with 11 average pro players.

As the saying goes:-

'The other team gets coached too'.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Personally I'd be absolutely THRILLED if more of our players selfishly took a shot. I've lost count of opportunities when they'd far rather pass (the buck) to a team member in a poor position.

And hit a shot immediately rather than allowing defenders to get a block in

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I'd recruit a sports psychologist as a matter of urgency (if we don't already have one). Players look completely devoid of confidence at the moment and it's feeding through into both poor decision making and our really dire performances. Tactics aren't working, but Chris is unlikely to change his approach - a shot of confidence might be our only hope at this stage.
What about a few beers before the game?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
They also need to vary their set piece routines, move off the ball a lot more and close the gap between the front player/s and midfield. Jesus this coaching kark is so simple isn't it???

Tell you what.

We desperately need to score and we win a free kick in a dangerous position.

Let's have three men around the ball doing absolutely nothing at all and launch a cross into the box where we have hardly got any players.

You couldn't make it up.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The manager picks the team from the players available its those who cross the line onto the pitch that really count and our team spirite appears to have disintegrated they don't look like they have any fight left, with the exception of a few and that includes AK who maybe a bit of a prat at times but he is the beating heart of the team

The issue starts with picking the team and then making substitutions when required. Kayal has looked good in the games he has played and yet Ch won't play him very much. On Tuesday we needed some fight and he would be the one to deliver....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tell you what.

We desperately need to score and we win a free kick in a dangerous position.

Let's have three men around the ball doing absolutely nothing at all and launch a cross into the box where we have hardly got any players.

You couldn't make it up.

There were 2 occasions, in the second half on Tuesday, when the ball was in front of us in the Family Stand.
Once was definitely with Ali around 57 minutes, the other later on, I looked beyond the ball and there was nobody in the penalty area.
Not only was there nobody there nobody was almost there or busting a gut to get into the box.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

When is the last time we overlapped in the oppositions box?, I can’t even remember Bloom must be on crack to let this continue.
Alireza did on Tuesday, ran straight off the pitch :lol:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Something's obviously not right , i'm now utterly convinced CH is being undermined in some way by the arrival of (what does he do ) Ashworth , we have gone from a relatively boring but solid team who were pretty much unbeatable at home bar v the top boys to a complete and utter shambles in the space of 4 months , make of it what you you will but if it's a coincidence then i heartily apologise to Mr Ashworth and his non involvement of all things team management wise .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Something's obviously not right , i'm now utterly convinced CH is being undermined in some way by the arrival of (what does he do ) Ashworth , we have gone from a relatively boring but solid team who were pretty much unbeatable at home bar v the top boys to a complete and utter shambles in the space of 4 months , make of it what you you will but if it's a coincidence then i heartily apologise to Mr Ashworth and his non involvement of all things team management wise .

Interesting .........................................

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think the problem is Ryan.Not been the same since he came back,and his defenders have lost confidence in him.Can't score goals if most of the team are defending.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
A few simple things:

The wingers need to start taking on full-backs rather than checking back and palying a safe pass.

The midfielders need to get closer to whoever is playing upfront.

Dunk and Duffy need to show some composure, positional sense and stop throwing themselves at every single shot.

Ryan needs to start coming for crosses.

We need to stop attempting to lump set-pieces from the halfway line to Dunk or Duffy to knock down.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I’d arrange a friendly against Ferring reserves so as to boost confidence by scoring a goal
Ferring need a boost in confidence?

Sorry if it's been said already.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Post match CH comments:

"They're a team with quality throughout the side, they pass and move quickly and I can't fault our players for any of the four goals we let in. Murray possibly should have got us one goal with the 30 yard opportunity that hit the post, the corner flag post. We'll learn from this friendly and take it into our next game at Old Trafford."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here