Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It was cynical. No defending it. If that was an opposition player we would be screaming for a lengthier ban.

Just give him a 6 game ban and ship the child off in the Summer.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
It's time people stopped having a go at AK, yes it was reckless but did it really cost us the game, a game in which we already looked clueless once they scored. People have short memories, I can't recall such a meltdown in the season when we failed to go up when 2 current 1st teamers got themselves sent-off at the end of the season.AK was imho one of only two Ablion players who showed they were up for it Sat. and the other one was the only m/f player really trying.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's time people stopped having a go at AK, yes it was reckless but did it really cost us the game, a game in which we already looked clueless once they scored. People have short memories, I can't recall such a meltdown in the season when we failed to go up when 2 current 1st teamers got themselves sent-off at the end of the season.AK was imho one of only two Ablion players who showed they were up for it Sat. and the other one was the only m/f player really trying.

It didn’t affect the result. Bmuff were 2 up, and taking us apart with better players who can pass at speed and play at speed.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Jesus christ calm down, some of the comments on here you'd think he'd garotted somebody.

It was a reckless challenge born out of frustration and ill-discipline, nothing more. Surely blown out of proportion by how utterly childish and moronic it was leaving his teamates in the shit and fans shaking their heads.

The impaling he himself got at Watford last season was quite literally several times worse.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is well OTT. He made one stupid challenge, showing his frustration with the way things were going. A red card and three match ban should be the end of it. At Watford last season I was a few yards away when he was almost cut in half by far worse a tackle. He had a poor match and we were never going to recover, even at 1-0 down IMO.
Fixed.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Jesus christ calm down, some of the comments on here you'd think he'd garotted somebody.

It was a reckless challenge born out of frustration and ill-discipline, nothing more. Surely blown out of proportion by how utterly childish and moronic it was leaving his teamates in the shit and fans shaking their heads.

The impaling he himself got at Watford last season was quite literally several times worse.
How about the one where AK tried to break Seamus Coleman's leg at Everton last season ??
He is a ticking time bomb sadly and no excuse needed for challenges like this at this standard

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Knocky has been with us just over 3 years. When he joined us he was 24 and is now reaching what should be his peak years at 27.

I would have expected him to have matured in those 3 years and normally you would expect a significant part of that maturing process for an attacking player to be in his decision making. I don't think I have seen any improvement in that area. He is just as exciting and infuriating in equal doses as he was when he joined. He still looks at 3 approaching defenders as a challenge, every time, rather than an opportunity to move the ball quickly and take those 3 out of the game.

I appreciate that he is now playing at a higher level, but if he hasn't improved in this area in the last 3 years, I can't really see it happening in the next 3 :down:
Spot on. I believe this is his biggest flaw. Call it selfishness or bad decision making but he isn't ever looking to play somebody else in. Only for the personal glory not the team.
A luxury or liability either way times nearly run out.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Swear there were posters on here a few days ago saying our players were too soft and we lacked 'ard men in the squad like back in the old days. Aware this challenge was in a different context and was unacceptable due to the fact it well and truly left us in the mire, but complaining about how bad the tackle was and then saying our players are too soft just doesn't add up.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Well at least he cares … Cantona did far worse and still played for Man Utd again

Now if say he came on as a sub in one of our last three games of the season and scored the goal that kept us up … well this would be a disgrace too

He will go away, clear his head and come back with a sense of perspective and realisation how lucky he is to do what he does for a living

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Before the STUPIDITY this weekend I was beginning to think on a football basis that he maybe just isn't cut out for the prem. There are moments of sheer brilliance but prem defenders don't fall for the constant chopping back and forth. I always look to the strikers when AK has the ball and they go MAD as they are wondering "I wonder when he will actually cross it".

However, the part which frustrates me even more (and this is no fault of his own) is that, ACTUALLY, he is deceptively slow. It's bizarre because the way he plays would give the impression he is this nippy winger but he really isn't. That's half the reason he always cuts back in, he can't beat the guy for pace.

In the Championship this is balanced out by his trickery, but in the prem it simply doesn't work.

The guy is a hero for that promotion season but I do feel (even before the HORRENDOUS 'tackle' on Saturday) that this summer may be a parting of the ways. He is in NO WAY a bad player, but his negative attributes have really been highlighted recently and he's been figured out.

Agreed.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well at least he cares … Cantona did far worse and still played for Man Utd again

Now if say he came on as a sub in one of our last three games of the season and scored the goal that kept us up … well this would be a disgrace too

He will go away, clear his head and come back with a sense of perspective and realisation how lucky he is to do what he does for a living

Probably will......and he’ll publicly apologise and say ‘ow mooch I loov dis cloob’, before doing exactly the same again.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Ashley Barnes did worse for Brighton!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Swear there were posters on here a few days ago saying our players were too soft and we lacked 'ard men in the squad like back in the old days. Aware this challenge was in a different context and was unacceptable due to the fact it well and truly left us in the mire, but complaining about how bad the tackle was and then saying our players are too soft just doesn't add up.

Yeah right.

Let’s go back to the days of Ron Harris and Norman Hunter.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

He very nearly did garotte somebody! it was a totally disgusting and cowardly challenge.

Born out of frustration and ill discipline it may well of been, but that doesn't excuse it in the slightest in my eyes.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Terrible tackle and it is time for him to move on soon I think, not consistently good enough for this league, hard to say as he’s given us some good times but I think it could be the right time for both parties.

Knockaert wears his heart on his sleeve, he was frustrated and did something crazy, i think there’s a little over reaction personally I mean yeah it was a very poor ‘challenge’ to make but players like him lose their heads every now and again, reminds me of Rooney attitude wise, he’s very passionate and probably in his own head knows he’s not performing to his best ablility as well as the frustration of the game situation and crowd unrest, can lead to stupid things happening I know from playing football even at a low level, frustration get the better of us all sometimes.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Yeah, but the Ben Thatcher challenge on Pedro Mendes was worse than that.

And the Roy Keane tackle on Alf Ing Haaland was worse than the Ben Thatcher one.

And on and on and on.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Terrible tackle and it is time for him to move on soon I think, not consistently good enough for this league,.

Of course he's good enough for this league, he's dirty and has an attitude problem, but as far as skills go he's 100% EPL player and a good one at that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Ashley Barnes did worse for Brighton!

Barnes and Cantona (two players not often mentioned in same breath) different league football-wise to AK.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here