Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team For Tuesday

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To those suggesting Kayal to replace Propper that when taking Propper off today CH didnt replace him with Kayal.

NAIL ON HEAD BG!

We all saw what happened after that mistake.

I agree with you 100%, a big part of the reason we lost was that CH did not bring on Kayal.

You are spot on calling for Kayal to replace Pröpper on Tuesday.

Great post.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I would have Bruno on the pitch simply to wear the armband. I love Dunk to bits, he's a Sussex boy like me, but to me he 'aint a natural leader like El Capitan or Calderon before him and we need it on the pitch, big time, amongst the starting XI for Tuesday.

In my opinion only, obviously.

Agree. Said the same on another thread. We are bereft of leaders on the pitch. Bruno to start.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They are unequivocally in absolutely no danger of needing him to slow it down for them.

My old man moves faster than Davy Propper, he's 80.

You have your view on this. My view is that Propper is both quicker than Stephens, but also moves the ball quicker. I do recognise that this is required given that he plays slightly higher up the pitch, and that both play the ball backwards, and that Stephens' passing success rate will be higher (probably slightly higher), but that's to be expected given their positional difference and roles in the team. I also do recognise that Stephens does a lot off the ball that many on here don't notice, and is definitely a better tackler than Propper. Yes, there are some on here that can't see what Stephens provides to our team, but I think your views on Stephens and Propper have spilled over after yesterday (which I didn't attend, but saw some of it on a stream), but recall that both you and [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] -- and I sometimes mix you two up given what you say about Stephens and Propper -- were bemoaning the stick that Stephens was getting on yesterday's Player Ratings thread (which I haven't contributed to, given I haven't seen the entirety of the game), when if you averaged out the marks for these two players, you'd find that it was Propper identified as one of the chief culprits rather than Stephens.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ryan - not confident with Button. Ryan is a good keeper.

Bruno (C) - need leaders on the pitch. He's a leader and has the passion which has been lacking of late.
Dunk - both CBs retain their place by default, they've been mostly solid and the replacements look poor
Duffy - offensive threat from set-plays = dangerous with Groß
Bernardo - looks like our best attacker

March - good partnership with Bruno, who he'll protect defensively. Has pace too
Kayal - a fighter, plays well with Stephens, runs with the ball. Scores the odd goal, last was the Newcastle away winner
Stephens - frustrating, but his criticism of slowing play down is a reflection of a lack of pace and movement ahead of him
All J - show us why you cost £17M(?) please. Lack of options on the wing, Locadia is not the answer

Groß - helps Brighton defend and is our best player at creating chances. Needs wingers making runs to support Glenn
Murray - out of form like the rest if them, but he holds up well to get us up the pitch.

Omitting Propper and playing the players returning from injury instantly were the toughest calls. Dave is a quality player, but has not looked right since returning from international duty with an injury. He's not one to get 'stuck in' which will need for Cardiff. Bissouma can produce a bit of magic, but we're beyond hope. He's inconsistent and has an error in him. Knockaert's stupidity has forced the hand to recall March straight away. Groß was our best player last year, need his A game to get the side ticking.

If March isn't fit, forced to play Bernardo on the wing and Bong as LB. If Groß isn't fit I'd change the whole team up. Need Groß shielding the midfield again and Locadia off the wing as teams are getting too much joy cutting through the defensive lines. This has been the case for months, aside from a few anomalies. Andone / Locadia partnering Murray up top is another option, but I won't like to see that without March as his defensive game has been carrying the midfield this season along with Stephens. Bissouma and Propper not good enough defensively to play in a 2 together. Kayal is good enough defensively, but lacks the skills the former 2 have to produce that extra something to win a game... having said that, the current side are not producing the goods anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, was Propper's assist away at United the last contribution the central midfielders have created a goal between them? Needs fresh faces. The heads dropped as soon as Bournemouth scored their first yesterday.

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Just get Button in... not about saving more shots, but simply he can outkick Ryan by 15 or so meters! Will help with our one up front approach,

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ryan
Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo
March, Stephens,Kayal , AJ
Gross
Murray

Button, Balogun, Bissouma, Propper, Izquierdo, Andone, Montoya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
NAIL ON HEAD BG!

We all saw what happened after that mistake.

I agree with you 100%, a big part of the reason we lost was that CH did not bring on Kayal.

You are spot on calling for Kayal to replace Pröpper on Tuesday.

Great post.

You have totally misread my post as I said that CH didnt bring him on as obviously he didnt see him as a solution to our problem then and hopefully will not on Tuesday. If he does start I will support him but be disappointed that we have had to resort to him. I hope and pray Gross is fit and that Propper and Murray get back to their best with him back in the side

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ryan

Bruno.....dunk...Duffy...bong

............stephens..........

Aj......Kyal.....bassouma.....Bernardo

.......Murray......

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You have your view on this. My view is that Propper is both quicker than Stephens, but also moves the ball quicker. I do recognise that this is required given that he plays slightly higher up the pitch, and that both play the ball backwards, and that Stephens' passing success rate will be higher (probably slightly higher), but that's to be expected given their positional difference and roles in the team. I also do recognise that Stephens does a lot off the ball that many on here don't notice, and is definitely a better tackler than Propper. Yes, there are some on here that can't see what Stephens provides to our team, but I think your views on Stephens and Propper have spilled over after yesterday (which I didn't attend, but saw some of it on a stream), but recall that both you and [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] -- and I sometimes mix you two up given what you say about Stephens and Propper -- were bemoaning the stick that Stephens was getting on yesterday's Player Ratings thread (which I haven't contributed to, given I haven't seen the entirety of the game), when if you averaged out the marks for these two players, you'd find that it was Propper identified as one of the chief culprits rather than Stephens.

My comments weren't in direct response to posters on that thread, I was commenting generally based on conversations I had with other fans on the day.

Surely you must also have a few dunces who sit around you who shout 'GET IT FORWARD STEPHENS' every single time he gets the ball? Who will ignore when he does just that, and lambast him if he doesn't. Every loose ball a vindication of their views, whereas Propper and Bissouma are treated very differently.

My position has never been that Stephens is a fantastic player and people are missing a trick with him, largely people do recognise his merits. I merely point out that he is the first to be scapegoated in these situations and being at the ground yesterday, it was no different. A lot of this has to do with it being hard to forgive and forget (Burnley incident). Thankfully NSC did not reflect it this time.

In response to your first point, it depends what we mean by quick I suppose. I think Propper is ponderous, as if the world is running at half speed for him, a label often thrown at Stephens. Stephens is actually capable of a strongly hit, first-time ball along the ground into a striker, bypassing their midfield. He just doesn't do it often enough.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You are probably right.

Ryan

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bernardo

Stephens Kayal

Gross March

Andone Propper

The team will be:

Ryan
Montoya - Dunk - Duffy - Bong
Stephens - Kayal - Propper
March - Murray - Jahankabash

Sorry, but it will. :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You are probably right.

Ryan

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bernardo

Stephens Kayal

Gross March

Andone Propper

Gross is not fit, neither is March....so I wouldn't expect them in the starting X1

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Where does that come from as both were training all last week but Bournemouth came too early for them, it was said , so I would expect one or both to at least be on the bench Tuesday

Thta was my point...it is no good looking to start them if they are not yet match fit...maybe both on the bench, but certainly gross is no where near ready yet

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Bissouma (Kayal 83')
Stephens
Propper

March (have to drop Knockaert due to ban)
Andone (Murray, 65')
Locadia (Izquierdo 75')

Give these boys the chance to make amends for yesterday. But, Cardiff will be playing for their premier league lives, so what we need to do is keep it tight, not get too adventurous too early. Soak up pressure and take the sting out of the game. We can't just recklessly press forward and risk being cut open on the counter, retaining possession is key. So take our time, not force anything, just keep the ball. If nothing's open just recycle it. Go again, and be patient. Stay in the game as long as possible. Then maybe try to win it in the last 20 when they're starting to tire.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here