Votes: 286 53.6%
  • Out

Votes: 248 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
But did you watch our Championship football under CH?

It was almost the polar opposite of now. The best counter attacking football I’ve seen in 43 years of support, goals and wins in bucket loads.

So, in recent weeks we have lost at home to Burnley, Southampton and Bournemouth, games we all thought we would get a few points from, yet almost 50% think CH should stay in spite of being embarrassed in those games! But apparently it's not CH's fault and if we go down, he is the man to take us forward! It's f**king obvious that the players have either lost faith in the manager or the manager is not getting his thoughts through to the players so it's time for CH to move on. A lovely bloke who has been very good for the club, but every manager has a sell by date and unfortunately CH has reached his.

Today was a spineless performance, not a single leader on the pitch, not a pair of balls on display from any player, they were a disgrace and if CH can't motivate the players in such an important game, it really is time for him to go.

He even f**ked up in the championship, we were clearly the best team in the league, so we really should have won the title, but he couldn't do that even though we had three games in which to do it. He let the players switch off after promotion had been achieved, when the title was there for the taking.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
But did you watch our Championship football under CH?

It was almost the polar opposite of now. The best counter attacking football I’ve seen in 43 years of support, goals and wins in bucket loads.

Not sure I agree with that one.

Great counter attacking football, no doubt. Many tend to forget the hanging on to 1 goal margins though. Usually it worked out, but wasn't great to watch.

I always remember the home game vs Preston I think, where we could have easily hit them for 3 or 4 with a bit more intent going forward.

Not CH's way though, and we ended up sitting back at 2-1 and conceding an equaliser at the death by some gargantuan bloke nodding it in from a hopeful long ball.

Wolves in our promotion season, anyone remember that? 10 solid minutes of crosses and corners into our box at the end and inches away from an equaliser.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So, in recent weeks we have lost at home to Burnley, Southampton and Bournemouth, games we all thought we would get a few points from, yet almost 50% think CH should stay in spite of being embarrassed in those games! But apparently it's not CH's fault and if we go down, he is the man to take us forward! It's f**king obvious that the players have either lost faith in the manager or the manager is not getting his thoughts through to the players so it's time for CH to move on. A lovely bloke who has been very good for the club, but every manager has a sell by date and unfortunately CH has reached his.

Today was a spineless performance, not a single leader on the pitch, not a pair of balls on display from any player, they were a disgrace and if CH can't motivate the players in such an important game, it really is time for him to go.

He even f**ked up in the championship, we were clearly the best team in the league, so we really should have won the title, but he couldn't do that even though we had three games in which to do it. He let the players switch off after promotion had been achieved, when the title was there for the taking.

I agree with you on all that.

Apart from the Championship bit, we played brilliantly football for 2.5 seasons. The players were on holiday for the last three matches in 2017 unfortunately, but let’s not let it destroy our incredible promotion, which made the city and county proud.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure I agree with that one.

Great counter attacking football, no doubt. Many tend to forget the hanging on to 1 goal margins though. Usually it worked out, but wasn't great to watch.

I always remember the home game vs Preston I think, where we could have easily hit them for 3 or 4 with a bit more intent going forward.

Not CH's way though, and we ended up sitting back at 2-1 and conceding an equaliser at the death by some gargantuan bloke nodding it in from a hopeful long ball.

Wolves in our promotion season, anyone remember that? 10 solid minutes of crosses and corners into our box at the end and inches away from an equaliser.

That last point, QPR away too, crosses to their 7 foot striker.

Of course it wasn’t 110 matches of destroying all and sundry, there were some losses, some hanging on. But even Norwich this season and Newcastle 2016/17 had a load of setbacks, of hanging on.

But I thought it was overall a brilliant ride, the best since the Mullery days.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
TB spent some serious dish last summer to improve us and on paper those players are great signings.
We are now in a worse position and that money has been pissed against the wall in terms of improvement in pour league position and style of play.
If the man who picks the team and choses the tactics plays those players in positions alien to them then sadly it's the manager that will pay the price.
None of these signings we made were crap at there last clubs so what is happening on the training ground and elsewhere to turn them into Leon Best and Ryan Harley ???

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
TB spent some serious dish last summer to improve us and on paper those players are great signings.
We are now in a worse position and that money has been pissed against the wall in terms of improvement in pour league position and style of play.
If the man who picks the team and choses the tactics plays those players in positions alien to them then sadly it's the manager that will pay the price.
None of these signings we made were crap at there last clubs so what is happening on the training ground and elsewhere to turn them into Leon Best and Ryan Harley ???

Teams with better players and better systems, is what's happening.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Exactly. We could sign Messi, Bale and Kane and all be on here moaning they look s**t playing a negative defensive system.
Tony Bloom is an astute businessman and I'd be mightily surprised if CH is still at the helm come the start of next season.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What a load of kneejerk tosh by so-called fans of this club...!!!

So agree. It doesn't take much at all for many fans here to turn on this sides most treasured assets, including Glenn Murray, Maty Ryan, etc.

In a few weeks many on here will be singing Hughton's praises.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"We are in a fight at the moment. Our form is very up and down. This was on the back of a very good performance last week."

I find it a bit worrying that he thought it was a "very good" performance last week. Just like today, and against Southampton, we literally created nothing. Zilch. If City could actually be arsed last week, they'd have completely dismembered us.

I *think* we'll just about stay up by default this season. But there needs to be a major rethink in the summer, because if our 2019 form continues come August, then we'll be dead before the clock go forward.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Out.... and to answer the next question...anyone

Your answer to the second question, completely invalidates your answer to the first. How about Sami Hyypia?

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Exactly. We could sign Messi, Bale and Kane and all be on here moaning they look s**t playing a negative defensive system.
Tony Bloom is an astute businessman and I'd be mightily surprised if CH is still at the helm come the start of next season.

And this is why Alireza is not succeeding, particularly because he is also being played out of position. Maybe with AK suspended he will get a fair shake on the right.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So agree. It doesn't take much at all for many fans here to turn on this sides most treasured assets, including Glenn Murray, Maty Ryan, etc.

In a few weeks many on here will be singing Hughton's praises.
It doesn't take much? How many wins, this year, against clubs around the bottom third of the table? How many goals in the last goodness knows how long? How many shots on target in three or four games? We were comfortably safe in January according to the myopic on here. Typical Hughton side-never pushes on to the next level, instead we roll backwards downhill like a truck with no brakes.

Something needs immediate change. If you can't see that you are in total denial.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

cms22

Aug 6, 2014
Out, certainly. The rot has set in. The team no longer seems to have any confidence in any system. This is no one-off, no flash in the pan. This deterioration has been evident for several months. It will culminate with us rock bottom of the league next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.JPG

Closer and more divisive than Brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here