Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reckon there will be a bit of fisticuffs tomorrow outside Parliament with the yellow vest thugs and goons joining naughty Nigel's march at the end.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Both have changed their mind on the Withdrawal Agreement (or at least one has for certain). It seems MPs are allowed to change their minds but the British people are not.

They haven't changed their minds about the WA, they still think it's sh*t but faced with the alternatives of BRINO or no Brexit they are perhaps forced into a change of position .... Just like all the remain MP's who think the WA is sh*t would end up voting for it if they thought No deal was imminent. Whereas the Uk population do not want a second referendum if Remain is an option according to polls. A few hundred thousand* people marching may represent the waitrose shopping demographic but they don't speak for the nation.

* Or 1 Gazillion if we believe the organisers

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/campaigners-c...-referendum-but-thats-not-what-the-polls-say/

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Quite. And he seems to think he has one up on me because he captained the school team whilst I was busy getting myself a decent education. If I had my time again, I’d probably still plump for a degree in Mathematics over being captain of the year 6 football team. I guess it’s all relative though, the latter might impress the people in his local....who are probably the same people he went to school with.

you just underlined the word **** in my estimation of you......it's not very often i under **** people but i think in your case i have.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
it seems the opinion police are alive and kicking......enjoy your sharia boys ....the ones who actually live in Britain still ,,,@ herr thubtumper....prrfft see ya after the semi final .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ok. I was under the impression that Ken Clarke's proposal resolved the NI Border issue negating the need for the backstop to come into effect? The DUP abstained I see, so they have not dismissed it altogether. I cannot find enough info on the proposal unfortunately to see if it is a decent solution or not.

Apologies, I thought you were talking about the agreement as is. However I dont think Ken Clarke's proposal would give us freedom to enter our own trade deals either, but it would be doing permanently what the backstop was doing temporarily. It is just provides certainty and stops us wasting time trying to find magic border solutions that don't exist.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite. And he seems to think he has one up on me because he captained the school team whilst I was busy getting myself a decent education. If I had my time again, I’d probably still plump for a degree in Mathematics over being captain of the year 6 football team. I guess it’s all relative though, the latter might impress the people in his local....who are probably the same people he went to school with.

I don’t always concur with your views, sometimes I do, but NSC’ers can always have a intelligent conversation with you.

I hope you’re unaffected by the childish insults that routinely come your way, which I take as jealousy of the life you’ve made for yourself.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don’t always concur with your views, sometimes I do, but NSC’ers can always have a intelligent conversation with you.

I hope you’re unaffected by the childish insults that routinely come your way, which I take as jealousy of the life you’ve made for yourself.

Ohhhhh cry me a river ........

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
they are more than welcome to move in old boy ....but will they get a job , pay their way and not undermine the existing status quo ......do you get out much ...??

Is that what happened in Bradford?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
They haven't changed their minds about the WA, they still think it's sh*t but faced with the alternatives of BRINO or no Brexit they are perhaps forced into a change of position .... Just like all the remain MP's who think the WA is sh*t would end up voting for it if they thought No deal was imminent. Whereas the Uk population do not want a second referendum if Remain is an option according to polls. A few hundred thousand* people marching may represent the waitrose shopping demographic but they don't speak for the nation.

* Or 1 Gazillion if we believe the organisers

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/campaigners-c...-referendum-but-thats-not-what-the-polls-say/

How many people are there who think that this is a shit deal and that remaining in the EU is better, and therefore are forced into thinking that no Brexit is better than BRINO?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thank you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
it seems the opinion police are alive and kicking......enjoy your sharia boys ....the ones who actually live in Britain still ,,,@ herr thubtumper....prrfft see ya after the semi final .

Want me to help you with the mention functionality? :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But you are the definition of angry, just re-read your posts ......
You do amuse me. You accused me of being angry in a post I'd put two smileys. Reading your nonsense is absolute quality entertainment.

Please can you put one of those famous comedy spelling mistakes that reveal your lack of intellect in your next post? x

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you just underlined the word **** in my estimation of you......it's not very often i under **** people but i think in your case i have.

I thought that was quite a good multi-levelled put down. Give me some credit.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You do amuse me. You accused me of being angry in a post I'd put two smileys. Reading your nonsense is absolute quality entertainment.

Please can you put one of those famous comedy spelling mistakes that reveal your lack of intellect in your next post? x

SIMEAN

How's that ??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It'll have to do.

I was hoping for an accidental comedy their/there mishap or a cheeky "could of" - but deliberately mis-spelling my name will have to do even though it's not half as amusing.

Your disappointed, I can tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here