Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think a second referendum will pass in the commons based upon last night. There were too many that voted No and there would not be many more required to vote it down. Most likely to pass is the Customs Union one, so I reckon TM should be on the phone to Barnier asking them to change the political declaration to make the Customs Union in the withdrawal agreement the basis of a permanent solution. Put that back to the commons, get it passed and then get on with it FFS! It won't happen though.
Sounds good.

We will have enacted the referendum result and can get the decisions on the next phase made by MPs who are no longer looking over their shoulder at the will of 17.4 million people in 2016.

And we can boot anymore referendums into touch forever.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I worked in Bradford for nine years, alongside people whose parents were immigrants. I lived in the same street as immigrants in Huddersfield. The doctor and his family were particularly pleasant.

the google stats for immigrant numbers in Blackburn , Luton & Burnley are an absolute mockery ........any further conversation is absolutely pointless.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
i am continually being rung up by people wanting to find any pension money that may be owing to me from the 4 years i worked in the UK ....

All I'd say on that score is why not check it out for yourself via the UK government's free pension tracing service? I nagged my Aussie mate into doing that from when he worked for BT in the late eighties for 4 years. Turned out he'd had a (non contibutory?) pension he had no inkling of. And was now due a handsome five figure sum. No idea of your circumstances, but it can't do any harm for you to ask the question shirley?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If the Speaker allows it.

It shouldn't, but for the sake of closure it should go ahead.

Its more of a final ratification of who the real Tory charlatans are, ie those that should never be considered for any leadership contest

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You are in no position to criticise immigration. No position whatsoever.

i think you'll find i am mate .....but maybe i'll stop now and just let you lot smother in what you seem to be begging for.

immigration is ok if it is not to the detriment of the wider community .........can you tell me why my mother is being charged 900 quid a week in a rest home when there are immigrants being housed in Ealing , in houses owned by lords .....ahhhhh there you go , argument solved , silly me , corrupt to the core mate ....!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The UK could still do it's own trade deals, I believe. Within the EU you cannot.

If you are still in the EU CU you cannot

Anyway, doing our own trade deals is a waste of time, the EU has got there first, with the big guns it will be hard to do better and in many cases the EU will need to be involved.

If we get that far the reality to be a bit of a bombshell to some

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
All I'd say on that score is why not check it out for yourself via the UK government's free pension tracing service? I nagged my Aussie mate into doing that from when he worked for BT in the late eighties for 4 years. Turned out he'd had a (non contibutory?) pension he had no inkling of. And was now due a handsome five figure sum. No idea of your circumstances, but it can't do any harm for you to ask the question shirley?

prrrrffft ok...!! 5 figures you say......stroooooth.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
looks like your ruling classes have carried on doing what they do best .........and that would be mainly ****ing it up and making it as difficult as possible for the man in the street .....just look how the immigration policy has panned out for the residents of Bradford, Burnley, Blackburn , Cardiff , Leicester , ,Nottingham , Birmgimngmingmimgmingham ,Manchester , Hayes , Croydon , Sheffield , Rotherham , Rochdale , Telford........yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn.....!!! your politicians have given you a total rebore ....and you don't even know it .

Swamped as they are by Slovakian waiting staff and Estonian web designers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
are they really ....well why are half of them living in perth then ...??

yes old boy i am an immigrant ......i go to work , i pay my taxes ,i pay for my kids to go to school and i have private health insurance , i am continually being rung up by people wanting to find any pension money that may be owing to me from the 4 years i worked in the UK ....my reply is always that i think there are enough people rinsing the country out and i am quite willing to support myself ...thanks..............do you have a job , or are you a parasite...??

Well those ones would be residents of Perth....Old Boy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well that was a waste of bloody time wasn't it. Give us a vote on options, they said, and then they couldn't support a single alternative.
It wasn't a waste of time, that was the first set of voting and a couple of options were quite close. Take into account those that didn't vote (eg, the cabinet), and one of the options could get through.

If they want to go with the option that involves putting an agreed deal to the public, they wouldn't really want it to go through first time anyway, they'd want to make it look like they tried everything before finally accepting it had to go to a second referendum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here