Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wembley

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
some people might think that winning the FA Cup will be the greatest thing to happen to the club personally I was pretty high when we beat Wigan , we were at home on our territory and in most cases not having to worry about getting home.

Are you seriously saying that if Bruno hoisted the FA Cup at Wembley Stadium, for Brighton and Hove Albion, your first thought would be "bloody hell...now I've got to get home"

:facepalm:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I agree with those who've said .....

1) Winning the FA Cup would more important than staying up. I've seen us be relegated about 6 or 7 times. Yes, it bloody hurts and it would set the club back, but it's not forever. A trophy is.

2) It's not either / or. We could win the FA cup and stay up. In fact, statistically you're more likely to win games following a cup victory than a defeat (this was from a very old study I read in WSC, but there was a clear pattern at the time).

Diasgree with those who say ....

1) We can't win it while the Mancs are in it. They are one off games. We've beaten Man U twice recently and City have had a few serious shockers ..... and ....

2) We should dread a final or a semi against Palace. Can we all stop fearing that lot and let them start to fear us. This collective lack of self esteem and inferiority complex can transmit itself from the stands to the team. We need to stand taller.
Agree with all of this 100%

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only one of those has actually won something since the Premier league was started so I don't think they fall in the criteria.

And you really think Wolves are an established team???

Obviously Wolves are only a few months in, but unfortunately they’re in the PL to stay due to FFP cheating and the close relationship with a superagent. A mini ManC, the media salivate at what an introductory season they’ve had with “They’re only going to get better and better with their spending power”.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Obviously Wolves are only a few months in, but unfortunately they’re in the PL to stay due to FFP cheating and the close relationship with a superagent. A mini ManC, the media salivate at what an introductory season they’ve had with “They’re only going to get better and better with their spending power”.

Have Wolves been found guilty of cheating FFP?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
:ffsparr:
Waited 34 years to get into the top league again.
Don't want to give that up for what is now a second rate trophy.

Each to their own. Waited 29 years myself and wouldn't want to give it up either. But a Cup win would eclipse promotion/staying up hands down in my book.

el punal

I thought the allocations for the semi finals are pretty good, isn’t it the final allocations that are a scandal?

You’re probably right about the semi-finals, as the only people really concerned about the event are the participating clubs’ fans. For the final, that’s a different kettle of fish. I seem to remember back in the days when the FA Cup Final was THE biggest sporting event of the year the ticket allocation for each club’s fans was 23,000. That’s 46,000 out of the capacity of 100.000! The remainder went to the various football associations throughout England and various other bodies with interests in the FA. I believe the current ticket allocation per club for the final is now higher - 28,650.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The Wembley semi finals are weekend of 6 April
Assuming we lose at Millwall we play Spurs away that weekend.
How's that going to work?
Will their new stadium be ready?
Will we play at Wembley on the Monday assuming Sat/Sun will be the semis?
Trip to Milton Keynes a la Watford in the league cup?

Apologies if this has been discussed before but cant be arsed to search

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The Wembley semi finals are weekend of 6 April
Assuming we lose at Millwall we play Spurs away that weekend.
How's that going to work?
Will their new stadium be ready?
Will we play at Wembley on the Monday assuming Sat/Sun will be the semis?
Trip to Milton Keynes a la Watford in the league cup?

Apologies if this has been discussed before but cant be arsed to search

Just read up on this and apparently their new stadium could be ready by mid March

but the big kick off event will be scuppered by first Palace still being in the FA Cup on the date Spurs v Palace is planned and then by us if we beat Millwall. Ha!

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-stadium-move-delayed-until-april-at-earliest

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I think my dread is that if we get to the semis and draw a big club, the FA will sting us all massively on ticket prices for what will very likely be a non-event of a game, and it will ultimately be a cripplingly expensive, inevitable disappointment based on the most miniscule ray of unavoidable hope. But anyway.

Ticket prices last year for Arsenal v Man City and United v Chelsea were £30, £40, £50 and £60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apologies if this has been touched on already but are we guaranteed Europa League if we beat Millwall, avoid City in the semi and win it, then play City in the final?

Even if we were to lose the final, would we not get through if City have already qualified for the Champions League?

Didn't Millwall go into Europe when United beat them in 2004?

Many ifs and buts I know, (And note to oneself please don't get carried away)but technically 180 minutes from European qualification, who would have thought that when Bellotti got chased out of the Directors box after 78 seconds against Darlington in late 1996?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wonder what Tony Bloom would say given the choice, we all know what his heart would say but what would his head say, just imagine standing in the royal box inches away from Bruno as he is about to lift that trophy and knowing we will forever be known as FA Cup winners, I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about it. Winning the FA cup would outstrip the Wigan game, I would definitely give up the PL to do it.

All those train rides out of London to away matches seeing Wembley rush past a few minutes into the journey thinking I'd love to be there next May. FA Cup may not be the same for the TV football "fans" nowadays but for the proper fans it really is second to winning the top division.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder what Tony Bloom would say given the choice, we all know what his heart would say but what would his head say, just imagine standing in the royal box inches away from Bruno as he is about to lift that trophy and knowing we will forever be known as FA Cup winner, I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about it. Winning the FA cup would outstrip the Wigan game, I would definitely give up the PL to do it.

All those train rides out of London to away matches seeing Wembley rush past a few minutes into the journey thinking I'd love to be there next May. FA Cup may not be the same for the TV football "fans" nowadays but for the proper fans it really is second to winning the top division.

No. Rules changed in 2015. Only FA Cup winner goes into Europe. If already qualified, the next-placed league team gets the place.

The representative can be in Championship, though - er, just for the record.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here