Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall allocation

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A big game like this one brings out a lot of occasional supporters and this is what causes the policing issue at Millwall. I've been to many games at their old and new grounds as I used to live in the area and worked with Millwall fans. I was at the grand opening of the New Den against Sporting Lisbon, big cup games against the likes of Arsenal and also mundane league games in League 1. I've also seen the Albion at both grounds. In the last 25 or so years the issues are at these big games with all the occasional fans whereas the regulars cause no more issues than any other sets of fans. Stereotyping all Millwall fans as knuckledraggers is about as ignorant as some of theirs stereotyping of BHA fans. That said there is a significant threat from their part timers so I would not be that confident about getting a large allocation. It's just too difficult to police.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I went in 12/13, 13/14 and 14/15.
Its well policed, segregated from South Bermondsey station all the way to the away end, and you're kept completely away from the home fans.
There was no trouble at all apart from the usual chanting, gestures during the games although even that was pretty confined to literally a handful of miscreants.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I went in 12/13, 13/14 and 14/15.
Its well policed, segregated from South Bermondsey station all the way to the away end, and you're kept completely away from the home fans.
There was no trouble at all apart from the usual chanting, gestures during the games although even that was pretty confined to literally a handful of miscreants.

True, but our last game there had a total crowd of about 8,000, the game was utter, utter turd (0-0 I think ?) with virtually nothing riding on it (except our possible relegation under Sami). Slightly different to the bouncing full house it'll be for a QF. The gestures last time came from a lone fat bloke on the left hand side in a three-quarters empty block.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
True, but our last game there had a total crowd of about 8,000, the game was utter, utter turd (0-0 I think ?) with virtually nothing riding on it (except our possible relegation under Sami). Slightly different to the bouncing full house it'll be for a QF. The gestures last time came from a lone fat bloke on the left hand side in a three-quarters empty block.

Yes. It was a miserable 0-0 on a Tuesday night. Chris had taken over by then thankfully so was grinding out the results.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Was it Millwall or Charlton where the, ahem, unfortunate-looking woman in the white was giving it the large one to us from the stand over to our right?

On topic: it’ll be fine. Almost certainly.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Was it Millwall or Charlton where the, ahem, unfortunate-looking woman in the white was giving it the large one to us from the stand over to our right?

On topic: it’ll be fine. Almost certainly.

It was millwall, the same day as the ‘how muchhhh does the fat kid weigh’ chant :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Worth noting fans are not always separated by cowards walk these days.

A fair few games this season everyone been mixed in together. Only against Forest was there any real problem

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I've not been away at Millwall. How does the train thing work for the away fans platform? Does it leave from London Bridge?

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This. Their fanbase inside and those not attending (including those witb banning orders) will be absolutely desparate for another Wembley appearance. Failure to achieve that won’t be taken well, they’ll look to make a statement, which may be in the form of attacks on the police. They have form away from run of the mill league games.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Police are at London Bridge when you arrived you travel one station to South Bermondsey with the Millwall supporters who are very noisy but no trouble. Arriving at South Bermondsey there are more police. Everyone goes down the steps and at the bottom of the step there is a walk way to the ground for the away supporters. After the game the away supporter go back to the station the way they came and are normally let on to the platform before the Millwall supporters who are held back by Police on horses for later trains. Police are also on all trains to London Bridge and at London Bridge.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This. Their fanbase inside and those not attending (including those witb banning orders) will be absolutely desparate for another Wembley appearance. Failure to achieve that won’t be taken well, they’ll look to make a statement, which may be in the form of attacks on the police. They have form away from run of the mill league games.

sort yourself out mate !!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Nice bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e08bK8PbmaM&t=16s

theboybilly

I've not been away at Millwall. How does the train thing work for the away fans platform? Does it leave from London Bridge?

Yes it does start from London Bridge (though you could travel from East Croydon via West Norwood and Gypsy Hill I think which would open up more drinking choices) Sth Bermondsey is one stop and 4 minutes from London Bridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here