Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Mutton and Root Veg Pie

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Thank you Piglets for bestowing this delicacy upon my unworthy tongue. Absolutely effing DELICIOUS.

Pie of the season by far.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thank you Piglets for bestowing this delicacy upon my unworthy tongue. Absolutely effing DELICIOUS.

Pie of the season by far.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

I'd have tried that given the opportunity. Unfortunately my stomach was already full to the brim from my Box No. 6 at Fillet's at lunchtime. Next time perhaps.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Made my own chicken, mushroom and leek pie during the week. Only recently started making them, well worth the time to do it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd have tried that given the opportunity. Unfortunately my stomach was already full to the brim from my Box No. 6 at Fillet's at lunchtime. Next time perhaps.

Fillet's however have removed one ot their two tables, so, always busy, the opportunity to 'eat in' has sadly declined. Never thought l'd say this, but maybe Sodexo will get me business next Saturday.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Spoiled for choice yesterday, as there was also a broccoli, cauliflower and two cheese (cheddar and blue, I think) pie, which was delicious.

Well that's my lunch sorted for the Burnley game on Saturday then, one mutton & root veg, and one broccoli, cauliflower & two cheese pie. Sod fillet's! Just hope they are till doing them.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
And therein lies the rub. It’s a small window before the pastry goes like baked modelling clay. One of my other criticisms has been fill level. The chilli pie was nicely full.

I don't buy them from the normal counters anymore as they are always steamed and soft and sludgy as you say. The little pie stall on the ESU concourse however has perfectly crusty, nicely browned pastry and not-too-sloppy fillings every time. Not sure if they've got them in other parts of the ground but I recommend it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here