Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It wasn't me who introduced this card playing analogy!! If we already knew each other's cards can you explain why anyone bothered implementing no deal preparations?

Possibly because the EUs initial assumption that they weren't dealing with a complete bunch of incompetent morons is being severely tested :shrug:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Except the £39bn is a legal requirement and after this we expect to enter trade negotiations on the back of reneging on several international obligations as a result of No Deal and expect to be taken seriously.

They haven't taken us seriously since Cameron was sent back with a flea in his ear then May called a general election trying to bolster her majority, a complete and utter cluster ****, we are laughing stock.

Is the £59bn a gross or net figure?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
They haven't taken us seriously since Cameron was sent back with a flea in his ear then May called a general election trying to bolster her majority, a complete and utter cluster ****, we are laughing stock.

Is the £59bn a gross or net figure?

Sorry but can you just give us a quick summary of the concessions that Cameron got from the EU, because I've forgotten and I'm sure you wouldn't be trying to quote things that you don't know :angel:

(I'm just off out to dinner so you've plenty of time. Maybe our other Brexiteers will solve the Ireland/NI issue which appears to have come up recently as well. I'll take my time and try to manage three courses ).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
proved right on what? half is widely discussed, half conspriacy with out an actual outcome. is he saying everything is a ruse and we intend to leave on no deal?
Proven track record over the last 2 years or so.

Yes - he is saying it is a ruse and *no deal* is the plan.

He may be wrong, nothing is 100% guaranteed. I hope he is. By the way he also reckons that there is a small chance ( he puts it at 10% currently ) that May blinks at the very end, and revokes Article 50 rather than face the *no deal* reality.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
EU seem to think No Deal is the likeliest outcome now. Just right for the likes of Phillip May, anyone would think he's pulling Tricky Theresa's strings behind the scenes

I shudder to think of what He and Theresa the appeaser get upto behind the scenes....

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Proven track record over the last 2 years or so.

Yes - he is saying it is a ruse and *no deal* is the plan.

He may be wrong, nothing is 100% guaranteed. I hope he is. By the way he also reckons that there is a small chance ( he puts it at 10% currently ) that May blinks at the very end, and revokes Article 50 rather than face the *no deal* reality.

well these months on we know its not going like that: French and other EU are preparing for no deal, no special legislation while the govenment desperatly fight to maintain the agreement. May has effectively resigned in advance. media tell us about how bad it's being handled.

wowo that twitter is full on doom. one good point noted, if business want to implement contingenies, needed to do it first half last year.
its all quite funny as there's conspiracies out there that the chaos and indecision is all pretext to abandoning brexit.
i have a theory that there's lots of people who cant agree and they really have no idea which way it will end up.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
EU seem to think No Deal is the likeliest outcome now. Just right for the likes of Phillip May, anyone would think he's pulling Tricky Theresa's strings behind the scenes

Can't be true ..... the EU must have it wrong ..... the expert [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] says that it absolutely won't happen and [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] says it can't. They surely know more than the EU ??

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
All those clamouring for a people’s vote seem to be remainers who think the public were too thick to be offered the original referendum vote. Surely it makes no sense to offer those same thickoes a 2nd vote if you didn’t think they should have been given the first one.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
All those clamouring for a people’s vote seem to be remainers who think the public were too thick to be offered the original referendum vote. Surely it makes no sense to offer those same thickoes a 2nd vote if you didn’t think they should have been given the first one.

May's Deal
No Deal
Remain

Simple.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here