Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Of course it CAN happen. There have been some tremendous players come here from the Dutch League, but I'm just stating what the mood was just a couple of months ago. The Benelux countries have not been a rich vein of untapped Premier League talent for us lately.

Then, the first time we are in for an attacking player, it's back to the same old region that has served us so poorly lately, and somehow everyone is getting all excited over a couple of You Tube videos again. Certainly NOT writing him off before he starts (you have me confused with someone else if you think that is what I do) but equally, I'm not punching the air with delight because there is a half-decent compilation video of the bloke in a League some way inferior to the one we play in. We've been here enough times before, that we have surely learned that lesson.

To be fair, we haven't tried Luxembourg yet.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'll cop up to shirking a few games last season. From January through February I went a handful of times. It was too damn cold to sit there and get pissed off watching our piss poor football. Frankly I had better things to do with my Saturdays; things that didn't involve spunking a load of money down the pub only to get angry and stomp off home in a strop.

But, my heart wasn't in it and I missed the day out. I missed seeing my mates and hanging out with my dad so I decided to go back. For the Bournemouth game. Didn't go again for the rest of the season and, if I'm perfectly honest, I was contemplating not going at all next season.

Then Chris was given the kick and my mojo came back. I cannot bloody wait for next season now not because I'm expecting great things or for us to have suddenly become a world class football team but because I won't be watching shit, slow, defensive, duller than watching paint dry Hughtonball.

Some people will call me a bad fan and, yeah, I guess that's fair. But, and I can't stress this enough: I could not give less of a shit.

out of interest and not having a pop but I see you joined here in 2011.

Did you start following the Albion properly when we got the Amex ?

And di you toss a few games off when we had that bad season under Hypia ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'll cop up to shirking a few games last season. From January through February I went a handful of times. It was too damn cold to sit there and get pissed off watching our piss poor football. Frankly I had better things to do with my Saturdays; things that didn't involve spunking a load of money down the pub only to get angry and stomp off home in a strop.

But, my heart wasn't in it and I missed the day out. I missed seeing my mates and hanging out with my dad so I decided to go back. For the Bournemouth game. Didn't go again for the rest of the season and, if I'm perfectly honest, I was contemplating not going at all next season.

Then Chris was given the kick and my mojo came back. I cannot bloody wait for next season now not because I'm expecting great things or for us to have suddenly become a world class football team but because I won't be watching shit, slow, defensive, duller than watching paint dry Hughtonball.

Some people will call me a bad fan and, yeah, I guess that's fair. But, and I can't stress this enough: I could not give less of a shit.

Honest post, loads felt like you and acted the same way.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Same team that paid out £35 million for Dominic Solanke and Jordon Ibe?

Two crap purchases, certainly. Defoe was also an expensive flop. But you wouldn't trade much of our squad for theirs.
The vast majority of their signings have experience in English football. The vast majority of ours don't. And it tells.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How do you feel about Will Buckley, now you can look back on him? Ultimately disappointing after a brilliant start, no?
Er, no. I remember his goals against Doncaster, saving us from Palace doing the double over us, as well as many delightful runs down the wing, followed by goals or assists. And then, after he was injured, we sold him for a nice profit.

If all our signings worked out so well, we'd be comfortably in the top half of the PL.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Hopefully his medical went smoothly.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think you are in a minority with that. Not even Tony Bloom agrees with you. Most of us go to football to meet up with our friends, have a couple of beers and hopefully have an enjoyable afternoon because of the football-not in spite of it as was the case last season. Another season like that and there'd be no Waiting List for a Season Ticket. So many people stopped going last season because of the shit being served up on the pitch every single week. Empty seats in all parts of The Amex.

You stick with your 'entertainment is secondary' but I had had enough of Hughton's brand of football before Christmas. I want to enjoy my Saturdays at The Albion-when we get to play on a Saturday.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I agree with everything you have said, but we are all different and I prefer the PL over the Championship.

Hence the win at all costs and entertainment being secondary for me.

That said I will be pleased if we light up the division with great football and finish halfway or even avoid relegation by one place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I still want us to sign a decent striker. Maybe from the German league, or the championship? I’m sure Bloom is already lining someone up.
Inot.

Absolutely, I would be staggered and very concerned if we do not improve the team in this area.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
its going off topic but I cant have that. Near 100 appearances and 20 goals . The excitement he brought at times was something many had rarely witnessed ,

His injury record was frustrating but a poor signing - No Way

This - good player blighted by injury

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For me it was the fact that no matter who we played we set up to at best draw. Bournemouth was a disgrace and I really struggled after that!

We didn’t though, Bournemouth be the prime example when we were so open.

Their first goal for example, powderpuff nothing challenge by Propper, all our players out of position, they practically walked the ball in.

Humiliating

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here