Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sweaty sausage sandwich

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I loved sausage snadwiches but am now avoiding processed meat, what's anyone's recommendation for the best veggie sausages, the Quorn ones are rank!

BTW, for the record, these should be served in a crusty white roll, with Coleman's Mustard and HP Sauce.

As sacrilegious as it is on a thread such as this I can only assume your decision rests on medical advice in which case you have my sympathy.

However to answer your question my brother in law has to do similar and has found over years of experimentation that the Linda McCartney Lincolnshire or chorizo and red pepper to be pretty good.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As sacrilegious as it is on a thread such as this I can only assume your decision rests on medical advice in which case you have my sympathy.

However to answer your question my brother in law has to do similar and has found over years of experimentation that the Linda McCartney Lincolnshire or chorizo and red pepper to be pretty good.

Medical and ethical, but primarily medical, yes. Thanks I'll give them a go!

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I loved sausage snadwiches but am now avoiding processed meat, what's anyone's recommendation for the best veggie sausages, the Quorn ones are rank!

BTW, for the record, these should be served in a crusty white roll, with Coleman's Mustard and HP Sauce.

Sainsbury's "Cumberland Shroomdogs" are really nice, despite the weird name. Or if you're ever in the North Laine, stock up on all of the vegetarian sausages at Brighton Sausage Co.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm having 2 95% pork sausages in a soft bap this morning. And for added delight i'm wrapping it in foil for 5 minutes to let the heat and grease cut through the roll before eating.

For the record, red sauce and english mustard.

Nom nom.

Prompts the eternal brown sause or ketchop debate. Brown sause for me everytime.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
saus.JPG

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Sausage or Bacon sarnies have to be eau naturale for me. No sauces. Just lashings of butter.
Water mistake to make

Sainsburys fresh (as opposed to frozen) mushroom sausages are pretty nice, very peppery.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Was just about to say that. Richmond sausages are probably as close to being vegetarian as you can get.

They taste a little bit like your username too. :)

Quite frankly they are there for texture in with the tastes of runny fried egg,HP sauce,and pork fat.If you had been anywhere near Germany,you would know what cardboard sausages taste like!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Am I the only one who thought this thread was a cruel and unusual way of disposing of our friends in the North?

Presumably there would be hints of fried pizza and irn bru?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Was just about to say that. Richmond sausages are probably as close to being vegetarian as you can get.

They taste a little bit like your username too. :)

If ever there was a temptation to change ones username, this is it! :lolol::lolol::lolol: @porksword!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here