Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jo Brand Comment

D

Deleted member 2719

Brands comments were incitement of the highest order, it was suggesting it's great to maim someone you dislike for life and also insults all the people who have had an acid melt and distort their faces and vision for life.
Anyone backing her is sick unless you sad enough to let unnecessarily violence and politics mix together of course.

I sent a complaint to the BBC on this matter just to get a typical corporate bullshite back from them, which Of course you cannot reply on.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Firstly, as I have pointed out several times previously, after his initial comments he then followed up by posting a YouTube video saying that that he had "reconsidered" and that he "might do". Secondly, I'm not playing semantics in the slightest. The legal definition of threaten is 'communication of an intent to inflict harm'. If someone said to you "I might rape you" wouldn't you see that as a threat? Or, if that's too difficult you to empathise with, if someone came up to you and said "I might punch you" is not that a threat? Still, you seem more interested in attacking me than attacking the cretin that made said remarks.

You are talking absolute testicles. After his original comment, which caused all the outrage, he was trolled for saying that he wouldn't rape her. He responded to the trolls with sarcasm.
What are you most outraged by; his original comment or his sarcastic comment in response to trolling?

Going by the " legal definition of threaten" doesn't even help you because there was no threat as you claim.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You are talking absolute testicles. After his original comment, which caused all the outrage, he was trolled for saying that he wouldn't rape her. He responded to the trolls with sarcasm.
What are you most outraged by; his original comment or his sarcastic comment in response to trolling?

Going by the " legal definition of threaten" doesn't even help you because there was no threat as you claim.

:facepalm: you either can't read or you're being intentionally pig headed. I am talking about both his original comments AND the comments he made after. Dressing it up as 'trolling' is almost as painfully pathetic as calling it 'bantz'. Moreover, even if I am over dramatising the incident and it is instead simply a political candidate belittling an act of violence that women suffer every day, as a way to target and intimidate a female MP and display some twisted sense of power... my comments re the selective outrage & hypocrisy are still valid and you're still a rape 'joke' apologist... so... :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
:facepalm: you either can't read or you're being intentionally pig headed. I am talking about both his original comments AND the comments he made after. Dressing it up as 'trolling' is almost as painfully pathetic as calling it 'bantz'. Moreover, even if I am over dramatising the incident and it is instead simply a political candidate belittling an act of violence that women suffer every day, as a way to target and intimidate a female MP and display some twisted sense of power... my comments re the selective outrage & hypocrisy are still valid and you're still a rape 'joke' apologist... so... :shrug:

Link please, to the youtube clip you talk of. Thanks in advance.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

No I don't do rape jokes, tell them or laugh at them, but you are happy to distort the reality for your own agenda and hijacking an acid throwing thread with a deceptive comment.

Nice new label though "rape joke apologist" Hahahaha Does this make you an "acid throwing apologist"?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Listening to the radio tonight, opinions are that she is being unreasonably targetted for facetious comments in a comedy programme, not making a political statement on the news. I was whooshed by the outrage, and I now recant. The po faced vitriol is just a political stunt by a political ****: Farrage, and his dogs, whistled. Who knew? I should have. Shows how easily we get sucked into the right wing vortex when not paying attention. Top persistence work, btw, [MENTION=25211]midnight_rendezvous[/MENTION], and I stand corrected.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Only if you're a do gooder thinking you're doing good but in reality are causing problems long term which probably doesnt affect a do gooder
regards
DR

My OP was about the hypocrisy of the BBC and the liberal lefty bias, not do gooding.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No I don't do rape jokes, tell them or laugh at them, but you are happy to distort the reality for your own agenda and hijacking an acid throwing thread with a deceptive comment.

Nice new label though "rape joke apologist" Hahahaha Does this make you an "acid throwing apologist"?

You don’t ‘do’ rape jokes, but you’re happy to defend a man that makes them? ??? Seems legit. I haven’t distorted reality in the slightest. I’ve pointed out the hypocrisy over the selective outrage and you have valiantly done your best to prove me right, so kudos for that :thumbsup: And if you bothered to read my OP, I never condoned Brand’s comments in the slightest. You on the other hand have defended Carl Benjamin to the hilt and have belittled the act of rape and tried to pass his comments off as ‘trolling’ and a ‘joke’. So yeah, apologist through and through.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You don’t ‘do’ rape jokes, but you’re happy to defend a man that makes them? ??? Seems legit. I haven’t distorted reality in the slightest. I’ve pointed out the hypocrisy over the selective outrage and you have valiantly done your best to prove me right, so kudos for that :thumbsup: And if you bothered to read my OP, I never condoned Brand’s comments in the slightest. You on the other hand have defended Carl Benjamin to the hilt and have belittled the act of rape and tried to pass his comments off as ‘trolling’ and a ‘joke’. So yeah, apologist through and through.

Stop being a fool. I said I don't do rape jokes, however I am also not the pc police when two people are having handbags over twitter in context.

I don't like Jimmy Carr's paedo jokes which are far more offensive to me than what Sargon said. Ricky Gervais can go near the knuckle too but am I going to go on a campaign to ban them from performing comedy?

Mountain and mole hill spring to mind and as I have repeated many many times to you; He did not threaten to rape her which is your claim in your first comment, and which I objected to because it was a false allegation.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Stop being a fool. I said I don't do rape jokes, however I am also not the pc police when two people are having handbags over twitter in context.

I don't like Jimmy Carr's paedo jokes which are far more offensive to me than what Sargon said. Ricky Gervais can go near the knuckle too but am I going to go on a campaign to ban them from performing comedy?

Mountain and mole hill spring to mind and as I have repeated many many times to you; He did not threaten to rape her which is your claim in your first comment, and which I objected to because it was a false allegation.

The fact that you think using rape as a weapon to attack a political opponent is simply ‘handbags’ is utterly deplorable and says everything I need to know about your character.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Back on topic, bad acid attack in London on Friday. I don't recall one for a while. Wonder where they got the idea!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here