Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lets be realistic - The Official Dunk and/or Duffy transfer thread

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nah mate

He is confusing me with someone who gives a shit about his opinions on a internet message board.

I certainly hope dunk doesn’t go but the amount of arse fans I have spoken to who believe that he is being chased must mean there is something in it. Even one guy from that arsenal tv who I work with seems it’s a goer!
You almost sound like you WANT it to be true to win an argument on the internet...? I HOPE you’re wrong.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Nah mate

He is confusing me with someone who gives a shit about his opinions on a internet message board.

I certainly hope dunk doesn’t go but the amount of arse fans I have spoken to who believe that he is being chased must mean there is something in it. Even one guy from that arsenal tv who I work with seems it’s a goer!

But unless these fans have connections within the Arsenal board, the Brighton board or with Lewis Dunk then they don’t have a clue.

Lots of people believe the moon landing fake, doesn’t mean they’re right.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I notice the Teamtalk story was an exclusive. One reason why nobody else had the story might be because it was completely made up.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I notice the Teamtalk story was an exclusive. One reason why nobody else had the story might be because it was completely made up.

Indeed but with two wealthy clubs apparently after him 30 million becomes a lot more...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I believe Lewis will be an Arsenal player by Wed!

So you’ve heard about the booze culture at the club and also that Dunk is going to Arsenal by Weds, coincidentally right after some article has suddenly appeared online. I do wonder why all these people who come out after a press report within hours don’t ever hear this stuff before the press reports - it’s madness the pattern it follows. Sources within clubs just always seem to leave news just after press speculation...

Ps - I am guessing you’re Palace - have you been added to the list on the other thread yet?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
So you’ve heard about the booze culture at the club and also that Dunk is going to Arsenal by Weds, coincidentally right after some article has suddenly appeared online. I do wonder why all these people who come out after a press report within hours don’t ever hear this stuff before the press reports - it’s madness the pattern it follows. Sources within clubs just always seem to leave news just after press speculation...

Ps - I am guessing you’re Palace - have you been added to the list on the other thread yet?

Evening Sheebo...how very dare you tar me with the Caravan club brush? If you go back to previous posts I stated that I found out about booze culture from an employee of club. If their lying then they make me look stupid...hey I can live with that. Same person has told me that news around Dunk will surface this week. If its shite then so what. This is an open forum and some of it funny, serious, matter of fact or just plain bull shit. You have posted 19505 times to date and clearly love the Albion as much as I do...STOP GETTING YOUR KNICKERS IN A TWIST...IT IS WHAT IT IS. X

Evening Sheebo...how very dare you tar me with the Caravan club brush? If you go back to previous posts I stated that I found out about booze culture from an employee of club. If their lying then they make me look stupid...hey I can live with that. Same person has told me that news around Dunk will surface this week. If its shite then so what. This is an open forum and some of it funny, serious, matter of fact or just plain bull shit. You have posted 19505 times to date and clearly love the Albion as much as I do...STOP GETTING YOUR KNICKERS IN A TWIST...IT IS WHAT IT IS. X

It is pretty funny though, how so many people have 'connections' within the club, I actually find it quite sad and if there are employees spreading this news that they really shouldn't be working there in the first place as it can cause discontent within the club and dressing room as quite clearly, a lot of people believe what its said online these days when quite clearly its bullshit.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Getting a 6am coffee in the marina a few months ago, I got talking to a very pissed couple, one of whom was grasping an old Albion shirt of Duffy's and they had been partying with him the evening before, or so they told me, and one of them said that if I want to make myself a few quid, stick a bet on Dunk being an Arsenal player by next season. Drunk they may have been, but that's what they said they were told.:shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is pretty funny though, how so many people have 'connections' within the club, I actually find it quite sad and if there are employees spreading this news that they really shouldn't be working there in the first place as it can cause discontent within the club and dressing room as quite clearly, a lot of people believe what its said online these days when quite clearly its bullshit.

Seemingly, they aren't...

...any more.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If this has been ‘nailed on’ for some while and someone at the club said it should break “this week”

Why the f**k would we have put a massive great picture of him up on the club shop only last week ?

Now I’m not saying he won’t go.... a club could well come in for him over the coming weeks and make an offer that’s too good to refuse but I can’t see us putting him up on the club shop if a deal to sell him has already been done

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Don’t love island quote me young man...! They’re not in a twist pal I just call it how I see it. 2 or 3 posters have suddenly said about the arsenal thing hours after that article - just seems coincidental that’s all!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
If this has been ‘nailed on’ for some while and someone at the club said it should break “this week”

Why the f**k would we have put a massive great picture of him up on the club shop only last week ?

Now I’m not saying he won’t go.... a club could well come in for him over the coming weeks and make an offer that’s too good to refuse but I can’t see us putting him up on the club shop if a deal to sell him has already been done

It would be a bit weird if club didnt put the Captain on club shop window! That would take some explaining! When we get 35 million for him we can re do it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yep. I’m not saying it won’t as you never know (Argus says it’s unlikely though), but it’s just strange how lots of people have suddenly heard the rumour etc after this article breaks. Happens all the time on here. Not saying it’s particularly posters as maybe they’ve been told this since but the original ‘sources’ have usually got the idea from said article. It’s strange.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very true, but let’s face it we all have opinions...but to be fair, arsenal fans have no axe to grind with a side like us, ..trouble is anything anyone says at the moment is total and absolute bullshit...until someone signed on the dotted line. Doesn’t stop people speculating though .

After all this is a message board not real life as some people think it is on here

But unless these fans have connections within the Arsenal board, the Brighton board or with Lewis Dunk then they don’t have a clue.

Lots of people believe the moon landing fake, doesn’t mean they’re right.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
When Dunk does eventually leave our great club I hope he does go to an Arsenal or a Chelsea
Bloke deserves a stab at a big club...But please not bloody Leicester.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It would be a bit weird if club didnt put the Captain on club shop window! That would take some explaining! When we get 35 million for him we can re do it.

Bearing in mind he hasn’t been named the captain I’d imagine they could have easily left him off .... if the transfer had already been done

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Very true, but let’s face it we all have opinions...but to be fair, arsenal fans have no axe to grind with a side like us, ..trouble is anything anyone says at the moment is total and absolute bullshit...until someone signed on the dotted line. Doesn’t stop people speculating though .

After all this is a message board not real life as some people think it is on here

I’ve taken a look at the Arsenal forums can’t find a thing mentioning Dunk so all these Arsenal fans in the know appear to be ahead of the majority and all seem to know avid posters on here, very odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here