Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed - contract extended according to Premier League

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
GP plays one and two strikers...

Even if we do play 1 up top, Murray will get injuries, Andone will get suspensions, and when they coincide, we just have Locadia.

Feel good about that do you?

Nope but I feel good about us buying a you get quicker hungrier version we can all watch grow into a potential great rather than a man closer to his pension than the start of his career. [yes I’d keep Murray still as he offers about 3 x the threat of TH in the Prem].

Murray might last half a season but Potter wants pace. Singling Hemed out from the other 3 is a bit unfair in my view and only Potter knows what he wants from a player.

If these videos were adverts for a player we were interested in we would all look forward to his signing. I would even go out on a limb and say with Murray's age and pace taken into consideration, that Hemed is the best striker we have.

You acknowledge GP wants pace and then offer up Hemed as the solution to that problem? Fantastic. A man even more mono-paced than Bruno.

Well CH a man whose opinion on footballers I still trust didn’t think he was better than the other three in fact he felt so good that he let him go.

And that really is some limb to suggest TH as the best on our books.

Hemed isn’t any quicker than Murray though.

If we didn’t have Murray I’d keep Hemed

But seeing as we need a new striker I’d let Hemed go and get games somewhere as he deserves to play.

This.

That is potentially the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on here. :lolol: Ridiculous to suggest that our best striker is the one who was robbed of his squad number last summer and then sent packing off to QPR, where he was, at best, par for the course. He is quite clearly not up to this level physically, intellectually or technically.

Also This.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You acknowledge GP wants pace and then offer up Hemed as the solution to that problem? Fantastic. A man even more mono-paced than Bruno.

Don't be silly.

Well CH a man whose opinion on footballers I still trust didn’t think he was better than the other three in fact he felt so good that he let him go.

And that really is some limb to suggest TH as the best on our books.

So you need to use the actions of a sacked manager to back up your claim?

I would prefer to leave this to Potter tbh.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Players at the end of a contract don't usual sign another deal so that their owning club can then punt them on. They prefer to be free agents so that the bulk of any transfer fee goes to them as a signing-on fee.

It would seem strange that Hemed wilfully re-signed to us so I can only guess we had an option on extending the deal that he had no say but to agree to.

(Someone has probably made this point already - I've not read the thread)

Of course someone has:-

The fact that Albion haven't announced a contract extension for Hemed (as they did with the likes of Bong in May and Murray in November) tells us, I think, everything we need to know about this. You would think that the club (and the player) would both be happy to publicly proclaim this contract extension if it was envisaged that he would be playing a full part in the first team next season. Very difficult to see both Murray AND Hemed in the 25-man squad come August.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if either Albion had an option which they have exercised, or it was in both parties immediate interest to extend the contract with a view to a sale prior to the season start.

This has the distinct feel of a Vicente situation to me (where, if I remember correctly, Albion took up the option of a second season at the last minute, and perhaps not entirely with the player's full blessing).

And also provided previous reporting of said club option:-

Hemed unsure over his long-term future

Tomer Hemed says he is unsure what his future holds beyond the end of the season.

The striker, recently back from injury, is on a season-long loan at QPR from Brighton.

His Brighton contract expires this summer but the south-coast club have an option to extend the deal.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Don't be silly.

So you need to use the actions of a sacked manager to back up your claim?

I would prefer to leave this to Potter tbh.

Time will tell as to whether TH gets a new lease of life under GP. Unlike CH GP has to earn all of our trust on his player judgements so we’ll see how it pans out but I maintain the quotes in the Argus article all sound like a man resigned to plying his trade elsewhere next year.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Time will tell as to whether TH gets a new lease of life under GP. Unlike CH GP has to earn all of our trust on his player judgements so we’ll see how it pans out but I maintain the quotes in the Argus article all sound like a man resigned to playing his trade elsewhere next year.

Yep he probably was resigned to leaving until the contract extension. The way I see it is that every player has a clean slate and my main prediction was that Potter will want to see all of our players, including Hemed, in pre-season when some on here didn't think it was worth Potter even looking at him. Now the goalposts have moved to will be be in the squad or not? I say that right this second he has as good a chance as any of our strikers.

This is clearly a debate that will reach its conclusion in due course so it's one to revisit at a later date. So as you say; Time will tell.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Tomer is a top bloke and one of the legends from the promotion season.

No doubt this is purely a business transaction, but Potter would be foolish not to evaluate every player on the books before deciding what's needed.

As others have said Tomer is not that far behind Locadia in the striker role, with the advantage of being an absolutely top class professional.
The man has maximised his potential and is a credit to the club.
I won't be unhappy if he takes to the field wearing the stripes again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tomer is a top bloke and one of the legends from the promotion season.

No doubt this is purely a business transaction, but Potter would be foolish not to evaluate every player on the books before deciding what's needed.

As others have said Tomer is not that far behind Locadia in the striker role, with the advantage of being an absolutely top class professional.
The man has maximised his potential and is a credit to the club.
I won't be unhappy if he takes to the field wearing the stripes again.

I will, if it means we fail to sign a top striker to replace the ageing Muzza... a quality striker is a long overdue signing...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I will, if it means we fail to sign a top striker to replace the ageing Muzza... a quality striker is a long overdue signing...

It has often been said in many games that Messi would find it hard to score with us. Feeding the striker with opportunities is more important than splashing the cash and hoping the magic will happen.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It has often been said in many games that Messi would find it hard to score with us. Feeding the striker with opportunities is more important than splashing the cash and hoping the magic will happen.

We need both IMHO... an ACM and a striker (and a RB) as a bare minimum...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Isn’t it a voluntary win-win for the Albion, costing a pin prick of our £135m annual income.

Either we recoup a capital sum on his sale or loan, or we end up with a further backup striker who’s proved he can score at PL level on modest wages.

TB/PB are astute.

It is true Tomer did okay when he played in our early PL games. However, I genuinely believe we cannot delay further spending big to replace Muzza. Would not be happy if Tomer was considered to be that replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It is true Tomer did okay when he played in our early PL games. However, I genuinely believe we cannot delay further spending big to replace Muzza. Would not be happy if Tomer was considered to be that replacement.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I would assume that Tomer’s relatively modest pay (out of club income of £135m) and squad place, won’t inhibit the signing of a first team striker.

Agree that we need that striker (plus a RB and pacey creative midfielder), as musts come August.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I would assume that Tomer’s relatively modest pay (out of club income of £135m) and squad place, won’t inhibit the signing of a first team striker.

Agree that we need that striker (plus a RB and pacey creative midfielder), as musts come August.

Great progress on our 3 must-haves so far...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Great progress on our 3 must-haves so far...

I sense the sarcasm here, but how do you know what is or isn't going on behind the scenes?

Also, it is still June - if we're no further forward a week before the window closes then fair enough, but it is still very early.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I sense the sarcasm here, but how do you know what is or isn't going on behind the scenes?

Also, it is still June - if we're no further forward a week before the window closes then fair enough, but it is still very early.

Just a small point to note. Officially the window doesn’t simply close, it SLAMS shut. At least I believe that is the correct parlance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here