Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What have you got on your sandwiches today?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Quorn have started a range of impersonation animal organ slices, so in my granary four-fold is a layer of weasel hearts - as if they have any, eh weasel haters? - and a small circular array of flattened badger nadgers. My margarine, shipped over from Sweden, is a concoction of hare fat glands and woodpecker tears.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quorn have started a range of impersonation animal organ slices, so in my granary four-fold is a layer of weasel hearts - as if they have any, eh weasel haters? - and a small circular array of flattened badger nadgers. My margarine, shipped over from Sweden, is a concoction of hare fat glands and woodpecker tears.

I am going to have to give that a go.

As in, your lunch IS a scotch egg? Or your sandwiches have a sliced scotch egg in them?

I did exactly that last week, for the first time. Sliced scotch egg, with a little branston pickle, in thick granary bread. Absolute WINNER.

Sliced Scotch egg.

Only a fool would put a whole scotch egg in a sandwich, how would you get your mouth around it?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Had to pop into Subway as have not been shopping yet. Turkey and ham (98% water I have no doubt), salad, pickles etc. It fills a hole. But a big shop later today will have me back on track.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
When I am feeling nostalgic I sometimes do a 70’s esque combo of sprouts and spam, gives you a very warm, fuzzy feeling.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Some sort of vegan chickpea paste that my wife made. Haven't a clue what's in it, (apart from the chickpeas obviously) or what it's called, but with a bit of salsa it's fantastic.

Great thread btw Crodo! Reminiscent of the old 'soup' threads.

Houmous?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Mrs Crodo usually does my sandwiches for work but she had a pilates class this morning so was in a bit of a rush, we were on holiday with Samantha Bond last week and haven't done a proper shop. I rummaged the kitchen cupboards and found some trusty beef paste, not had one of these in years, delicious and good for you.

:drool:

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Processed reclaimed meat and "good for you" :sick:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh, fish and salad for me (with a packet of mini chedders to keep me going!)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What sort of fish are people putting in their sandwiches? Salmon or tuna? What else works?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sliced Scotch egg.

Only a fool would put a whole scotch egg in a sandwich, how would you get your mouth around it?

Put it in a big bap whole and squash it down!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What sort of fish are people putting in their sandwiches? Salmon or tuna? What else works?

Smoked mackerel mixed with a bit of creamed horseradish!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hard boiled egg and salad cream.

Does anyone remember when a sandwich was one slice of bread folded in half?

Chopped boiled egg and salad cream with chopped cherry tomato and ground black pepper, with marmite. If you have that when the egg is still warm from the boiling, its borderline erotic.

My missus still has a single slice folded in half sandwich - usually just tomato sauce. Vile. I call it her "lazy sandwich". Then she gives me the V sign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here