Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England women v New Zealand at the Amex, June 1

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
No different from a men's game before a World Cup - no-one wants to get injured.

Still the women dont often get prime time terrestrial TV that often, so you would think they would treat it like a cup game.

Also dont think they often get to play in such a great stadium packed with 30,000 fans either :)

D

Deleted member 2719

The north stand seem so much louder than normal.

Nz goal.

Neville OUT.

D

Deleted member 2719

Blimey sub from the home side before the 70 min, potter showing his influence already.

D

Deleted member 2719

Barber needs to get out of his box and go and sign that band up, top draw.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
You can't write off New Zealand women - great side, 20/1 to win this afternoon. :facepalm:

The most embarrassing result in England women's history if NZ hang on? Probably.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
From The Guardian MBM commentary:

"It looks bloody glorious at the Amex, by the way. Sun shining on the south coast, beautiful pitch, full house: magic."

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A home defeat at the Amex. Quelle surprise!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think you’re right.

Look at the dark green area behind the goal line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks the same to me.

Capture.PNG
Man City Game

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 498

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just a total bellend

"It was frustrating, we played some really good football but once they got a goal it was always going to be difficult."

Complete denial from Neville. Both England and New Zealand had 4 shots on target. More possession, but did very little with it.

If England finish 2nd in the group behind Japan, they'll likely face either Canada (who beat them in April) or Netherlands (who thrashed them 3-0 in the Euro 2017 SF).

Based on that performance alone, it would be delusional to see them make the QF, let alone end up as World Cup winners.

Still, if a home defeat against a team ranked 16 places below them helps to burst any possible bubbles, it's better now than in France.

And at least the weather was nice.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Still the women dont often get prime time terrestrial TV that often, so you would think they would treat it like a cup game.

Also dont think they often get to play in such a great stadium packed with 30,000 fans either :)

From The Guardian MBM commentary:

"It looks bloody glorious at the Amex, by the way. Sun shining on the south coast, beautiful pitch, full house: magic."

Attendance was 20,000.
What was all this talk yesterday about expecting to sell 30,000???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Usual recent Amex fare then, so pleased not to have re lived it again today :smile:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't read much into the performance or result, the final game before a World Cup is always a bit of a training match. I made the mistake of going to England v Saudi Arabia at Wembley just before World Cup 98, and it was the most GOD-awful 0-0 I've ever had the misfortune to sit through. Players just going through the motions concentrating on not getting crocked, it was a complete waste of time and money.

They'll be alright when the real stuff starts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here