Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scoring 0 in a penalty shoot out

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
But if the player who scored 14 points only got 13 points then at the point the blue was potted the score could have been 16:13 meaning that if the player on 16 pots the pink he would have been 9 points ahead on 22 and you can only score once off the black.

So he could have won with a score of 22:13
You can't pot all the balls and score less than 42 combined. 15x1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 = 42

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
You can't pot all the balls and score less than 42 combined. 15x1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 = 42

but the game would be over as soon as the pink went down and the gap was bigger than 7 points.

Also if you potted all 15 reds in one shot and went in off then your opponent would score 4 and there would only be 27 points left on the table, you pot the yellow and green making it 5-4, they pot the brown making it 5-8 then you pot the blue (10-8) and pink (17-8) and that's game over :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
but the game would be over as soon as the pink went down and the gap was bigger than 7 points.

Also if you potted all 15 reds in one shot and went in off then your opponent would score 4 and there would only be 27 points left on the table, you pot the yellow and green making it 5-4, they pot the brown making it 5-8 then you pot the blue (10-8) and pink (17-8) and that's game over :)
But that wasn't the record. The record is the lowest possible score with all balls potted. It is rarer than just no fouls and no colours with reds as the game needs to still be live when the black is potted. This game was 21-14 on the black so the other player getting it would have caused a respot so the black was potted with the game live.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

I reckon that is more likely to happen than you'd think. Good work - although it would actually be 16-8 so the quite feasible record low combined score for a complete frame is 24.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I reckon that is more likely to happen than you'd think. Good work - although it would actually be 16-8 so the quite feasible record low combined score for a complete frame is 24.
I would imagine it happens loads in knock about games but a league game would be a bit rarer - even Division 6. The standard wasn't terrible despite the lowly league - it just reflects the popularity of clubs with snooker tables in the early 90s but I think the average age of the two players was well over 70. And our player wasn't very happy when I got it mentioned in the local rag. I think the frame took over an hour when the average was 30 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here