Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Were Loose" POLL

Were Loose. Keep? Or get rid?

• Keep it. It's an important part of our history. Without it were loose!

Votes: 161 53.1%
  • Get rid. It's been done to death and is now boring, time to move on!

Votes: 142 46.9%

• Total voters

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Get rid, wasn't funny then and nothings changed, even though it was spot on this season it has a distasteful undertone of cyber bullying, no need for it and frankly if it wasn't a piss take its not exactly a inspiring slogan.

#whatdoesashworthdo

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A couple of other suggestions:

Scenes

Barber Out

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am aware of it's origin and the learning difficulties of the poster who started it but I have always seen it as a bit of reverse psychology - post "were loose" and usually we didn't. Sadly, it hasn't worked that well in the PL so get rid.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
There was a poster who had learning difficulties. It was a phrase he used. Quite a few others took the mickey out of him so he stopped posting. [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] seems to think it shows a sense of humour. I think it showed bullying.

Absolutely this. I assuming most people don't know or remember the source of the joke, but what you describe is what I remember and as such I've never found it funny.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I like were loose. Become a part of my everyday lexicon, alongside binfest.
The latter I notice, has now gathered pace with our friends up the road too. There is a "Brighton and Palace Binfest" group on FB.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
There was a poster who had learning difficulties. It was a phrase he used. Quite a few others took the mickey out of him so he stopped posting. [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] seems to think it shows a sense of humour. I think it showed bullying.

I didn't know this. I thought it was just something that evolved from a spelling mistake, something we all do. If this was the case, it shouldn't have been put there in the first place and I totally agree with you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't know this. I thought it was just something that evolved from a spelling mistake, something we all do. If this was the case, it shouldn't have been put there in the first place and I totally agree with you.

Many didn't realise, but as this thread shows, there were those who did.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Thank you for giving more background to this.

I wasn’t around when it originated, but I guessed it arose from someone’s double spelling mistake.

If they have learning difficulties, it does come across as bullying.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Firstly, it was never meant as a pisstake of anyone. I might be a **** sometimes (ok, quite often), but I'm not that much of a ****.

I'm happy to change it though and there has been some good suggestions made.

As this is all starting to feel a bit like admin, can someone else:

a) Wait until there are a few more options
b) Start a poll of those options, giving it a week

I'll then arrange for it to be changed. I think it was [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] who created the original, so I imagine he'll remind me I owe him beers again before he takes on the task.

I did about six actually. Only one ever saw the light of day.

Try not to think of it in terms of the fact you may owe me beers. Think of it more in terms of when you're going to get them in... :kiss:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

He was the best poster on NSC as well. Loved his work.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Firstly, it was never meant as a pisstake of anyone. I might be a **** sometimes (ok, quite often), but I'm not that much of a ****.

I'm happy to change it though and there has been some good suggestions made.

As this is all starting to feel a bit like admin, can someone else:

a) Wait until there are a few more options
b) Start a poll of those options, giving it a week

I'll then arrange for it to be changed. I think it was [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] who created the original, so I imagine he'll remind me I owe him beers again before he takes on the task.

Multiple choices in the poll please. I can’t decide and would vote for three of the suggestions so far.

Shall we say another 24 hours to add more suggestions to this thread, then I'm happy to start a multi-option poll to run for a week from Friday night to Friday night. Should give most users the chance to vote. The options I think have been nominiated so far are:

#TeamsLikeBrighton
Totally Sheeboed
Not buying it on principle
Binfest
Home of the binfest
#UTA
Curry night hun? xx
When are the fixtures out?
Fixtures
we weren’t at our best
These are a very good side
A club at our level
Stand or Fall
From Hereford to Here
From Withdean to Wembley
Scenes
Barber Out
Levels

Captured in the order I found them going through the thread. A couple have two different varieties. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I assume you are ok with both on the poll if it's multi-option?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here