Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Visually spectacular. Story wise? Bleh. Lost it's way IMO.

Game of Thrones is about shocking it's viewers. It used to shock us with exciting twists, clever, intelligent writing. They've lost all that so this time they shocked us with violence and genocide.

Arya will kill Dany.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Game of Thrones is about shocking it's viewers. It used to shock us with exciting twists, clever, intelligent writing. They've lost all that so this time they shocked us with violence and genocide.

Arya will kill Dany.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I just don't see how they're going to wrap it all up in 80 minutes. It's all been so rushed and quite unexpected the last 2 seasons. There used to be so much emphasis on character evolution, but now the characters seem to completely change in the blink of an eye.

I enjoyed all the action last night but I'm a little bit sad its ending like this. It's almost like they've turned it into a superhero film. I f***ing hate superhero films.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The pacing issues started last series, now its out of control this one, really weak on that front.

However If you take that issue away, the script is pretty dire too.

Cant complain about the action last night though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I just don't see how they're going to wrap it all up in 80 minutes. It's all been so rushed and quite unexpected the last 2 seasons. There used to be so much emphasis on character evolution, but now the characters seem to completely change in the blink of an eye.

I enjoyed all the action last night but I'm a little bit sad its ending like this. It's almost like they've turned it into a superhero film. I f***ing hate superhero films.

Yeah, I don't even think the plot itself is fully the issue, more the speed at which it has been pushed through. The same plot but given double the amount of time, would allow for the context, the subtlety, the nuance that is needed.

Ah well, intrigued about all of the spinoffs, sure one or two of those will be decent.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Arya will kill Dany.

Nah, I reckon it will be Jon as the show as become that obvious now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Twitter has flooded with interviews with the cast in interviews laughing with how it’s finished, obviously they are out of context but it does come across as them being meh about it all.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Not sure where all the Dothraki and Unsullied came from as after the battle of Winterfell you got the impression that there were hardly any left alive

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not sure where all the Dothraki and Unsullied came from as after the battle of Winterfell you got the impression that there were hardly any left alive

I think that is correct regarding the Dothraki, but plenty of Unsullied escaped into Winterfell as the torches were being lit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Arya will kill Dany.
I agree, I think Arya will kill her. She missed out on Cersei so will be rewarded with a little deferred gratification.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
This episode has taught me people will criticise anything and everything. I thought that was absolutely f***ing epic myself, the destruction of the city, some proper Drogon/Dragon action that we’ve been waiting for for years, absolute carnage don’t have time to write a full review but I thought that was an incredible episode.

Unfortunately the spoilers someone posted on twitter look like turning out to be true so i’ll be fuming about the ending if that happens, Dany will be labelled as a mad queen but can you honestly blame her? Cersei knew the civilians were her weak point and knowing Cersei you can’t trust her surrender, I think at this point Dany doesn’t even care about the throne she just wanted vengeance, can’t say I blame her. Brutal episode.

I think Dany will have trouble justifying her actions at the war crimes tribunal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I think you have to make the assumption that some troops stayed in reserve on Dragonstone and didn't go to Winterfell.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Quite a good episode really.

Just need Bran not to act like a word shy shop dummy in episode 6, and maybe this series can return to greatness.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Dany to sentence Jon to death for treachery. Arya to be in the crown watching, much the same as she did when Ned was executed. That time she was powerless. Now she's a ninja with a grab bag full of faces. Scenes ensue*

*scenes may not unfold as depicted

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Most solid episode of the season so far but still brainless.

Still Branless indeed.

If we don't find out what all that sh*t was about with ravens and trees and stuff was about in the last episode - and if it doesn't have some significant relevance to the rest of the story i will be most displeased. Too much time invested in all that crap in earlier series (enough time for several major battles and to kill off 50% of major cast members based on recent episodes) not to make it central to the final episode surely?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Drifted in and out of this watching a few from each series. Am watching this last series intently.

Yesterday it was certainly brilliant TV and the dragon queen certainly lost it big time.

I assume after being in the middle of all that, the young lady who killed the night king will possibly do the same with the dragon queen. Maybe there is something afoot with Jon stark and as he was so horrified with the carnage he will also have a go at trying to kill her, or he could just go back up north traumatised.

I think it is an extremely well made series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here