Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion players have you seen out doing their shopping and what was in their basket?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies for going OT, but whenever I come across 'have you ever seen a footballer out and about' I think of this. I saw Diego Forlán in a store in Cheadle Hume in 2003. He was with his partner and they were having great fun whizzing about with their trolley. Whether history will record him as one of the first openly gay PL stars will be a matter for history.

Back on topic, as mentioned previously, I saw Lawro shopping for cigarettes once. He said 'Ere chief, got change for the cigarette machine' to me as I sliced a lemon behind the bar in the Royal Pavillion Tavern, in the Autumn of 1979.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Apologies for going OT, but whenever I come across 'have you ever seen a footballer out and about' I think of this. I saw Diego Forlán in a store in Cheadle Hume in 2003. He was with his partner and they were having great fun whizzing about with their trolley. Whether history will record him as one of the first openly gay PL stars will be a matter for history.

Back on topic, as mentioned previously, I saw Lawro shopping for cigarettes once. He said 'Ere chief, got change for the cigarette machine' to me as I sliced a lemon behind the bar in the Royal Pavillion Tavern, in the Autumn of 1979.

Don’t post this stuff unless you know what brand of snouts he was after. I’m going Embassy..... the jumped up so and so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t post this stuff unless you know what brand of snouts he was after. I’m going Embassy..... the jumped up prat.

Rothmans.

FFS.

:bigwave:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
A friend and I spotted Calde with his little boy a few years ago, walking down Bond Street. He was happy to stand and chat for a few minutes.

Isn’t he just the nicest chap?

I do so hope he comes back in some capacity sooner rather than later:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not shopping, but Pascal Gross was on my flight back home after the Burnley game. To make things even more weird he was sat right next to me. Really nice, smart chatty guy and even offered to help with my German homework I started doing inflight. He was using his Albion issue trolley bag with 13 on it as well.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I saw AK shopping in the Lanes recently.
Years ago I saw Dean Wilkins jogging up and down the frozen food section in Sainsburys Lewes Road. He was wearing a bright pink shell suit that clashed a bit with his awful orange tan :)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not lived in Brighton for years but when I did..

Virgs, in the Hollingbury buying beer
Liam Brady: in A&E. Don’t ask.
Charlie Oatway in bond St. Nice bloke.
OGH. In stands at Brentford.
Guy Butters: Buying a burger. Top bloke
CMS: Buying petrol

I’m friends with the stars me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

OGH was also in the stand at Luton for the Paint Pot trophy thingy. Solly March was in the stand with us at Boro in 2016.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In 50 years of watching the Albion, I've only once seen a player in any sort of shop and that was when I was behind Gerry Fell in a post office queue. It was 40 years ago, so i have no idea what he was buying.

I guess not many Albion players go to the Aldi in London Rd or to the Open Market.

I sat next to Gerry Fell on a float at the St Luke's School jubilee celebrations in June 1977. The poor chap was left rather wishing he hadn't accepted the invitation. I was a carbon copy of Ben from 'Outnumbered' in those days.

"You've not played in the Second Division before, have you.... ?"

There is a picture of me grilling him whilst he looks stupefied into the distance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I once bumped into Charlie Oatway on Xmas day. I also met [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] at the same time as well. For the first time in many many years I was the person with the most hair.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gordon Greer in Waitrose, Burgess Hill a couple of times. Standard weekly shop kind of stuff. No Irn Bru as far as I could see.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Adam Chicksen once walked past me in Churchill Square with an attractive young lady on his arm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here