Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gavin Geddes

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When the County League thrived. Just remembered Micky Phillips the GK. He had a stint at Wick after long career with Littlehampton.

He did, I think Keehan had a spell with Wick too. Welly in centre midfield bullying the shit out of anyone that got in his way. They were certainly halcyon days of the county league.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Wick, East Preston, Littlehampton was the same team just wearing a different badge

Basically the whole team used to follow Carl Stabler the manager around and change teams on a two yearly basis.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wick, East Preston, Littlehampton was the same team just wearing a different badge

Basically the whole team used to follow Carl Stabler the manager around and change teams on a two yearly basis.

You're not wrong and nothing has changed in the past 20/30 years, Peacehaven and Burgess Hill did the same thing. It's incredible to think of such a good Wick side of the time and yet Peacehaven were the best side in the county.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Micky was a bloody good Center forward on a Sunday morning with AFC George. Steve Guile had pace and no brain which is why he did well, but never a great player, he played off great players, like Rod Wood, Paul Bennett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Micky was a bloody good Center forward on a Sunday morning with AFC George. Steve Guile had pace and no brain which is why he did well, but never a great player, he played off great players, like Rod Wood, Paul Bennett.

Rod Wood was a beast of a centre forward, possibly the best I saw in County League footy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My old mate Eamonn Searle, another beast of a centre forward always attributed his goals to Cecorelli and Twister, he always tells me they made his job simple.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Played a season up front with Woody, was most enjoyable and the sane time hilarious as the things he used to do. Still see him around a bit and we nearly lost him with a heart attack a few years back.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Although yes, Geddes ex coach was exonerated at the trial, unfortunately with some people mud sticks even when found not guilty. Life just sn't fair sometimes.

You are of course correct and there will always be people that will say there’s no smoke without fire however I’d like to think that if there was safeguarding in place then he’d of gone to the police straight away and not been frightened into being blackmailed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Played a season up front with Woody, was most enjoyable and the sane time hilarious as the things he used to do. Still see him around a bit and we nearly lost him with a heart attack a few years back.

Yeah, I saw him a couple of years back, he has a book out. Some of the stories Twister tells me about Woody are hilarious.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't remember a Gavin Geddes playing for us at all - anybody enlighten me? He isn't on the Wiki list of all-t3ime Brighton players, so they don't remember him either.

Complete scumbag - I really hope he never did play for us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't remember a Gavin Geddes playing for us at all - anybody enlighten me? He isn't on the Wiki list of all-t3ime Brighton players, so they don't remember him either.

Complete scumbag - I really hope he never did play for us.

It was a very short lived contract with us. I don't think he even started a game, used as a sub. I could be wrong. Sure it was under Barry Lloyd. He was shipped out quite quickly if memory serves me correct.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Used to love watching Wick and Littlehampton in that era. Herbie Smith was a character!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Used to love watching Wick and Littlehampton in that era. Herbie Smith was a character!

Littlehampton v Northampton, FA Cup, 1990? 4k attendance. Nearly the same team as the Wick one, not quite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here