Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Great analysis in today's Telegraph

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
And that has been my issue with both sides of the argument.

Either the players were shit and always had been shit or Hughton was shit and always had been shit.
Neither statement was anywhere near being true.

I honestly think we had a squad of players capable of competing with the 'other 14' and should have been pushing for a top 10 finish, the problem was our tactics were found out and we retreated earlier and earlier each match until we became hopeful of a 0-0 draw against anyone. It demonstrated that CH couldn't motivate them out of the pit they had mentally fallen into. The risk I guess was going to be would the new season simply bring more of the same and TB decided that wasn't a risk he was willing to take.

Hughton had all the professionalism of a great manager and helped to settle us and made us a disciplined unit bringing us arguable the most sussecceful period in the clubs history and for that I am very much #teamhughton

But being #teamhughton doesn't mean I would want Potter to fail in anyway to show how great Hughton was in fact the opposite. I'd like to see him succeed by building on the foundations of Hughtons great work and improving what was already in place. Bloom, Barber & Ashworth have done their homework and knew the man they wanted and something I've realised over the last 10 years is Bloom doesn't make many mistakes especially not financially and even less so since Barber has been here so I fully expect and truly hope for Potter to improve our squad and help to develop a side who feel that premier league safety is garunteed every season and that a top 10 finish is the minimum.

Neither of those statement were true and it would take someone to know very little about football to believe either one was accurate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here