Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just to add a bit of balance to our collective wet mattress about signings, other clubs are in the same boat. Woy of Croydon didn't make any subs in their last friendly because their squad is so thin. Burnley haven't made any signings of note. Haven't heard much from Sheffield who definitely need to add players. Newcastle are in disarray.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just to add a bit of balance to our collective wet mattress about signings, other clubs are in the same boat. Woy of Croydon didn't make any subs in their last friendly because their squad is so thin. Burnley haven't made any signings of note. Haven't heard much from Sheffield who definitely need to add players. Newcastle are in disarray.

Newcastle are signing a £36m striker, Joelinton.
Sheff Utd have broken their transfer record twice and have spent nearly £30m.
Burnley have a good squad already, and have added an experienced left back in Pieters and a striker in Jay Rodriguez.

Please, please don’t use that tragic wet matters phrase.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And the “best” then got himself sent off and missed crucial and season defining games. Being best isn’t just about what you do physically, it’s also about having the correct attitude, temperament and professionalism. Knocky doesn’t have the full set of skills.
He missed 3 games because of his daft challenge against Bournemouth. If he's our best winger when on the pitch, then that more than makes up for 3 games missed.

Also, which is more likely to happen this season: Knocky to control himself and not put in a challenge like against Bournemouth, or Ali J to improve to Knocky's standard? It's got to be the former.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is what I don't understand. You can look at Knockaert and see perhaps he can become more consistant under Potter but people don't seem to be giving that opportunity to our current squad. Why do people not say perhaps Ali J could improve under Potter, lets give him a chance?
For Knocky to become more consistent doesn't require much improvement. For Ali J to be effecting in the PL the improvement needs to much greater. I will certainly be supporting all of our players and hoping they thrive under potter, but some of them have further to go than Knocky.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Burnley have a good squad already, and have added an experienced left back in Pieters and a striker in Jay Rodriguez.

Newcastle are just replacing Rondon.

Sheffield are 3 years behind us, And have only spent £10m more than us this summer.

Burnley have only spent £5.9m. If we had done the same you'd be even more worried than you are now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He missed 3 games because of his daft challenge against Bournemouth. If he's our best winger when on the pitch, then that more than makes up for 3 games missed.

Also, which is more likely to happen this season: Knocky to control himself and not put in a challenge like against Bournemouth, or Ali J to improve to Knocky's standard? It's got to be the former.

Best winger. The competition wasn’t exactly hot last year was it. Ali J, Jürgen, an injured Izquierdo, Solly March, or Pascal Gross?

In my mind he’s a brilliant Championship player who can’t quite make the step up, partially because he hasn’t addressed the flaws that others have also mentioned. He’s had two years now. He also seems to be high maintenance. I think we will be fine without him. If we relegated feel fine to remind me.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Location - Florence
Date - Circa 1504
Time - Just after lunch

Leo - "well this is progressing nicely"

aaaaaaaaa.jpg

NSC - "F**k off you mug, you've not even coloured it in.
You can't hang that mess on the wall, it looks shitehouse".

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Blimey, you must be soaked by now.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Bloody hell, moods dropped on here in the last 24 hrs.
We're close to a major signing, nailed on if we're letting AK go so easily.
Still plenty of time- we need 2 or 3 quality signings in the next 3 weeks, not a total overhaul.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Interesting that they have used a photo of him in their latest “come watch us train” email.
Also - season tickets running out fast for the ladies’ team ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sigh, nobody has said the window is shut because we all know it’s still open, we all know the club at saying that they’re trying to recruit, but until such times as those players arrive we appear to have an incredibly limited squad which will be battling relegation. This has nothing to do with losing to Fulham, this has everything to do with needing reinforcements. Hopefully they will come in the next 3 weeks, but until they do let’s not chastise those that are talking about the CURRENT squad of players.

It is incredibly frustrating that we haven’t made signings that we think we need bit for the same people to repeat on a daily basis that we need signings is quite annoying. We all know we need them, we’ll just have to keep patient and trust the club to get them. If they don’t then, yes I agree, we will probably go down. The time to worry and have a go is if the window shuts without more signings.

Unlike in days gone by we have the funds so we shouldn’t just be hoping, we should be expecting them. I am also bored with PB telling us how difficult it is EVERY window. We have got the message and the club have to find a way around it or suffer the consequences.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It is incredibly frustrating that we haven’t made signings that we think we need bit for the same people to repeat on a daily basis that we need signings is quite annoying. We all know we need them, we’ll just have to keep patient and trust the club to get them. If they don’t then, yes I agree, we will probably go down. The time to worry and have a go is if the window shuts without more signings.

Unlike in days gone by we have the funds so we shouldn’t just be hoping, we should be expecting them. I am also bored with PB telling us how difficult it is EVERY window. We have got the message and the club have to find a way around it or suffer the consequences.

As ever; well said.

I feel like we're (the club) rifling through the record crates at the back of a dingy charity shop hoping to find that #6-10 copy of the White album... trembling as the incompetent volunteer granny tries gamely to operate the new fangled EPOS system... COME ON WOMAN...

Argghhhhhhh

Last edited:

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

This

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Best winger. The competition wasn’t exactly hot last year was it.
If we're making signings that means the competition for best winger this year will be harder, then great, we move on. But until we make those signings (we know very little about Trossard so far), then the competition this year looks set to be the same, so if he's the best we have, it's daft to offload him on the cheap.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All we know for sure is that 11 players wearing the stripes or equivalent will turn up for the opening game of the season. And pretty sure we'll know our ultimate fate by the end of September after our first tranche of winnable games.

Unless of course Plan B is to go head-mental in the January transfer window by which time last season's duffers will have been finally confirmed as this season's duffers by the Hard Of Thinking.

'Unshackled' my arse :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
'Unshackled' my arse :rolleyes:

Titter.

I do often lie awake at night (with my BHA braded teddy) wondering quite how amazing a fully un-shackled Ali or Jurgen are going to look?!?

If not world beater's then very nearly... surely?!?

At best they're going to be slightly better than they were, which was shit. So slightly less shit... I mean Jesus, I bet Pep and the Kloppinator are already planning just how to stop them!

Bring it on.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Would love to get Cairney in. Knocky and 10m seems fair? :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Titter.

I do often lie awake at night (with my BHA braded teddy) wondering quite how amazing a fully un-shackled Ali or Jurgen are going to look?!?

If not world beater's then very nearly... surely?!?

At best they're going to be slightly better than they were, which was shit. So slightly less shit... I mean Jesus, I bet Pep and the Kloppinator are already planning just how to stop them!

Bring it on.

Shine on [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] u crazy diamond :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here