Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

New poll

corbyn-no-deal-1.jpeg

And another good result for your lot today... :lolol:

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
New poll

corbyn-no-deal-1.jpeg

And another good result for your lot today... [emoji38]ol:
Yeah 4 games without a win.

Boris could do with a win too.

I'd love to get into a long debate about why people are just as wrong about Corbyn as they are about Brexit but this isn't the place.

You need to remember things are more complex here in the north east. Especially my constituency Stockton North. The people are poorer here and are crying out for Corbyns policies. But voted for brexit. Even so, with Labours brexit stance, they'd still win the seat.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Leaked document showing real cost of no deal Brexit (in short: chaos) reminds me of Gove's original claim that 'we hold all the cards'. I now realise he was being very proactive: he meant ration cards!

This week Chief Idiot Johnson goes to play hardball with France and Germany with about as much chance of getting a result as Chamberlain did with the latter in 1938. He goes with minimum leverage and maximum hubris.

Expect our resident Brexit cheerleaders to talk about 'getting tough' at a time when the only honest and realistic negotiating strategy is to walk in and admit it has all been a ghastly mistake, while prudent Brits attend their allotments in order to 'dig for defeat'.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Leaked document showing real cost of no deal Brexit (in short: chaos) reminds me of Gove's original claim that 'we hold all the cards'. I now realise he was being very proactive: he meant ration cards!

This week Chief Idiot Johnson goes to play hardball with France and Germany with about as much chance of getting a result as Chamberlain did with the latter in 1938. He goes with minimum leverage and maximum hubris.

Expect our resident Brexit cheerleaders to talk about 'getting tough' at a time when the only honest and realistic negotiating strategy is to walk in and admit it has all been a ghastly mistake, while prudent Brits attend their allotments in order to 'dig for defeat'.

That 'Operation Yellowhammer' leak on what No Deal is going to be like to The Sunday Times is a sobering old read this morning. It's going to make the fuel strikes in 2000 look like a walk in the park. Chuck in some bad weather and the flu season and it really is hit and hope. At least we'll have electricity and the water supply looks like it'll be okay though - we must focus on the positives. With 'clashes between fishing vessels' shortages, protests, strikes a 'rise in public disorder and community tensions' the joy of 'protests, road blockages and direct action' in Northern Ireland and Gibraltar thrown under a bus, it's going to be anarchy in The UK over land and sea. Still, despite:

A senior Whitehall source said: “This is not Project Fear — this is the most realistic assessment of what the public face with no deal. These are likely, basic, reasonable scenarios — not the worst case.”

it can all be dismissed as Project Fear/scaremongering/la-la-la, I believe in Brexit so I can't hear it etc.

This bit stood out as well:

The poor
Low-income groups will be disproportionately affected by rises in the price of food and fuel.

Then I remembered that Mr Rees-Mogg said foodbanks are 'rather uplifting' so we just need to 'believe in Britain' and it'll all be fine.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
UK faces food, fuel and drugs shortages in no-deal Brexit

Britain will face shortages of fuel, food and medicine if it leaves the European Union without a transition deal, jamming ports and requiring a hard border in Ireland, official government documents leaked to the Sunday Times show.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-times/uk-faces-food-fuel-and-drugs-shortages-in-no-deal-brexit-times-citing-official-documents-idUKKCN1V70M4

Shirley our leave supporting friends can see that if they don't want to stay in the customs union and 'no deal' isn't 'project fear' after all, then it's

5948933_8bf0adc9.jpg

Unless one of them wants to explain how that 'good deal' that they were sold at the referendum is going to work. Or, maybe all we have to do is believe more.
After 3, all together now, I believe in ............ VGlua2VyYmVsbCBBbmltYXRlZCBXYW5k-128x128.jpg :laugh:

It really didn't take Mystic Meg to predict this. Even a blind man with cataracts and a modicum of common sense could have seen this coming.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That 'Operation Yellowhammer' leak on what No Deal is going to be like to The Sunday Times is a sobering old read this morning. It's going to make the fuel strikes in 2000 look like a walk in the park. Chuck in some bad weather and the flu season and it really is hit and hope. At least we'll have electricity and the water supply looks like it'll be okay though - we must focus on the positives. With 'clashes between fishing vessels' shortages, protests, strikes a 'rise in public disorder and community tensions' the joy of 'protests, road blockages and direct action' in Northern Ireland and Gibraltar thrown under a bus, it's going to be anarchy in The UK over land and sea. Still, despite:

it can all be dismissed as Project Fear/scaremongering/la-la-la, I believe in Brexit so I can't hear it etc.

This bit stood out as well:

Then I remembered that Mr Rees-Mogg said foodbanks are 'rather uplifting' so we just need to 'believe in Britain' and it'll all be fine.

It’s hilarious really

Boris demands EU to re-open talks whilst the government leaks what a No Deal would look like.

No do the EU deal now, or wait till the UK is on it’s knees.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I just read the Yellowhammer prediction of chaos and uncertainty, just like most of us predicted and it really comes as no surprise. I did foresee problems ahead so planted a couple of extra rows of spuds up my plot this year, darn glad I did as it looks like a bumper crop.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm now starting to wonder whether the government also keeps 'top secret' papers on the religion of the pope and where bears defecate.

I'm guessing this leak is from the Department for stating the bleedin obvious :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm now starting to wonder whether the government also keeps 'top secret' papers on the religion of the pope and where bears defecate.

I'm guessing this leak is from the Department for stating the bleedin obvious :wink:

Thousands of Lorries and cars going through our ports every day with most of it passing through seamlessly based on trust and shared conventions each side of The Channel... who could have predicted problems if we then left ? Hilarious !

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
UK faces food, fuel and drugs shortages in no-deal Brexit

Britain will face shortages of fuel, food and medicine if it leaves the European Union without a transition deal, jamming ports and requiring a hard border in Ireland, official government documents leaked to the Sunday Times show.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-times/uk-faces-food-fuel-and-drugs-shortages-in-no-deal-brexit-times-citing-official-documents-idUKKCN1V70M4

Shirley our leave supporting friends can see that if they don't want to stay in the customs union and 'no deal' isn't 'project fear' after all, then it's

View attachment 114410

Unless one of them wants to explain how that 'good deal' that they were sold at the referendum is going to work. Or, maybe all we have to do is believe more.
After 3, all together now, I believe in ............ View attachment 114411 :laugh:

It really didn't take Mystic Meg to predict this. Even a blind man with cataracts and a modicum of common sense could have seen this coming.

I do believe in unicorns,
I do, I do, I do.

Any better yet... or do I need to believe more?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is a rignt wing coup.

Never on a Sunday, well today the BREXIT Secretary has tried to make things irreversible.

The votes of 17.4 million people who were deceived into deciding to leave the EU is the greatest democratic mandate ever given to any UK Government. How they got it does not matter to them, the winner takes all. Fraud, lies, and deception by Politicians now has a precedent, given by the High Court last week. They say dissenting Politicians cannot choose which public votes they wish to respect even if they are fraudulent and based on lies. Parliament has already voted to leave on 31 October. The signing of this legislation ensures that the EU Withdrawal Act will repeal the European Communities Act 1972 on exit day.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...972-brussels-act-ending-all-eu-law-in-the-uk?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It is a rignt wing coup.

Never on a Sunday, well today the BREXIT Secretary has tried to make things irreversible.

The votes of 17.4 million people who were deceived into deciding to leave the EU is the greatest democratic mandate ever given to any UK Government.

I can't speak for the other 17.4m minus 1 ( and nor can you ) but I wasn't deceived into voting leave.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The government signing legislation without Parliament's approval is perfectly ok, though?

Parliament gave it's approval on 20th June 2018 ( and the act repealing got Royal assent on 26th June 2018 ). Regardless, that wasn't what I was picking you up on.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Parliament gave it's approval on 26th June 2018. Regardless, that wasn't what I was picking you up on.

You picked me up on an opinion, not a fact.

I've done a search on Parliamentary votes for 26th June 2018. What were the results of the votes and abstentions?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You picked me up on an opinion, not a fact.

I've done a search on Parliamentary votes for 26th June 2018. What were the results of the votes and abstentions?

No, you posted that 17.4m people WERE deceived - no 'in my opinion' or anything similar. You posted it with terminology that made it you were posting it as a fact.

As for the vote - it was passed 324 to 295 - no idea of the abstentions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't speak for the other 17.4m minus 1 ( and nor can you ) but I wasn't deceived into voting leave.

You've told us a number of times that the reason you voted was for a 'good deal'. Do you want to explain what this 'good deal' looks like?

It's just that the last time I asked, you simply added another couple of red lines, but never actually explained how this 'good deal' for Britain whilst maintaining the EU's single market and meeting your red lines would work :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If we leave with No Deal on 31st October, I predict this country will see civil unrest the likes of which its never seen before. It will be utter chaos.
I predict two waves of protests and rioting;

Wave 1: Remain voters who knew this would happen and are upset it was allowed to come to this.

Wave 2. Leave voters who blame the government and “project fear” for manifesting food shortages, fuel shortages, medicine shortages and the huge effect the rising cost of living will have on the poor and benefit recipients.
This wave will kick in after about three months when leave voters realise it’s a long lasting effect and start to blame everyone but themselves.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least the Yellowhammer leaks today will be good evidence when the legal negligence and other cases against the perpetrators of a *No Deal No Meal* Brexit finally start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here