Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any news on Bissouma?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I heard he will be out for a ‘few weeks’ yet. Which suggests he will be out of contention for the first 4 or 5 games at least.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't remember if it was return to training, or available for selection, but the time scale GP mentioned recently was the first international break at the earliest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At the risk of enraging Chailey, we are pretty slow at bringing injured players back in the main.

What exactly was the matter with his shoulder? I accept I’m no medic but how long do shoulder injuries take to heal. He had this operation months ago didn’t he? Just checked it was a shoulder fracture and done in early June. Seems 4-8 weeks to heal from a quick google search

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
At the risk of enraging Chailey, we are pretty slow at bringing injured players back in the main.

What exactly was the matter with his shoulder? I accept I’m no medic but how long do shoulder injuries take to heal. He had this operation months ago didn’t he? Just checked it was a shoulder fracture and done in early June. Seems 4-8 weeks to heal from a quick google search

The exact nature of the issue was not reported, but it was clarified that it was specifically NOT a shoulder fracture - Yves Bissouma likely to miss Premier League kick-off

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

Having fractured my shoulder myself, I know first hand that they take an age to heal. It's not so much the 4-8 weeks for the bones to mend that you refer to, but the rehabilitation that follows. The shoulder is quite a complex joint, so the recuperation period is quite long.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

What exactly was the matter with his shoulder? h

He cut it on a blackberry bush, horrendous. I was in tears, poor lad. 3 months minimum.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Had a really bad shoulder injury playing centre forward back in 1984. Went up for a header with two centre backs, and they teamed up to do me. In the air, one stuck his backside into me, sending my lower half upwards, and the other elbowed me hard in the neck, sending my top half hard over. Result, I came down head first from a good height, landed on my left shoulder and smashed everything to bits, dislocated shoulder, broken collar bone and three further fractures lower down the scapula. It was horrendous, recuperation went on for about 8 months, and for most of that time I had to try to sleep on my back all the time, obviously, and that ain’t easy. Long term damage meant could never swing a golf club again, but did get back to playing footie, which was a result, but for a period I thought it was game over. I wish YB all the best, because shoulders are an absolute b4st4rd.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Had a really bad shoulder injury playing centre forward back in 1984. Went up for a header with two centre backs, and they teamed up to do me. In the air, one stuck his backside into me, sending my lower half upwards, and the other elbowed me hard in the neck, sending my top half hard over. Result, I came down head first from a good height, landed on my left shoulder and smashed everything to bits, dislocated shoulder, broken collar bone and three further fractures lower down the scapula. It was horrendous, recuperation went on for about 8 months, and for most of that time I had to try to sleep on my back all the time, obviously, and that ain’t easy. Long term damage meant could never swing a golf club again, but did get back to playing footie, which was a result, but for a period I thought it was game over. I wish YB all the best, because shoulders are an absolute b4st4rd.

is any of that true?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Haha! I’m sure you come on here just to read my stuff and ridicule me! Yep, it’s 100% true, injured in an away game in Tonbridge, ambulance beside the pitch the whole nine yards. Learning street smart when going aerial against two close up CBs was done the hard way for me.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Haha! I’m sure you come on here just to read my stuff and ridicule me! Yep, it’s 100% true, injured in an away game in Tonbridge, ambulance beside the pitch the whole nine yards. Learning street smart when going aerial against two close up CBs was done the hard way for me.

hmmmm.........

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Had 4 knee ops (same knee) but two years ago had an operation to repair damage caused from 3 dislocations on my shoulder. It was the most discomfort I’ve ever been in including the dislocations themselves. After a lot of treatment I was finally able to swing a golf club some 14 months later.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Respect. Shoulders are an absolute *******. Along with ribs, because you cannot cough, laugh or sneeze when you’ve got two busted ribs, because it will just rebreak them, Every. Single. Time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here