Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This article although out of date has a summary

Bloom is not the only professional sports bettor in Britain. And Starlizard is not the only gambling consultancy in the UK – it’s not even the only one in North London.

Bloom’s great rival is Matthew Benham, the owner of Brentford FC who founded Smartodds, another stats-based gambling consultancy.

Similarities between Bloom and Benham abound. Like Bloom, Benham is a former City trader. Like Bloom, Benham has adopted a hedge-fund-like model, paying computer wizzes to build algorithms that help him beat the market. And like Bloom, Benham owns his boyhood football club.

Despite the similarities between the two, Benham and Bloom are archrivals. The pair first crossed paths at Premier Bet, the online bookmaker Bloom founded. Benham worked for Bloom, but the pair had a falling out that left them bitter rivals.

Former Starlizard employees say the feud is discussed often in the office but little understood beyond rumour and gossip.

SmartOdds was founded in 2004, two years before Starlizard, and is based in Highgate, North London – just down the road from Bloom’s offices.

Benham took over Brentford in 2012 and is noted for following a “Moneyball-style” statistical approach to running the club, an approach that helped him win the Danish super league with his other football club, Midtjylland.

Appears no one quite knows, I reckon they fell out over a lady...
But UNLIKE Benham, Bloom has got his team into the Premier League.

No doubt seagullwedgee has been ******* himself dry overnight as this one nears completion.

In the know my arse

Sent from my CMR-AL09 using Tapatalk

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Please let this happen - worried that we'll get gazumped at the last minute, or that he'll have his head turned by another club making a tempting late bid, and he'll do a U-turn on the M23.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Worked out well for Prickard didn't it?

Well, ultimately he had some egg on face in the 5-0 but spent a season earning significantly more than he would have done here and then got a transfer to the PL with Huddersfield the same time as our promotion.

So it didn’t really make any difference to him.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Well, ultimately he had some egg on face in the 5-0 but spent a season earning significantly more than he would have done here and then got a transfer to the PL with Huddersfield the same time as our promotion.

True. But where is he now which was more my point.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Norwich now In the PL he really is getting bad advice from his agent :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not so sure. Maybe if he'd joined the team that had scouted him and determined that his style of play would work with that team, he'd still be playing for them in the Premier League.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But that's impossible! Because we've been told on good authority that the club doesn't really know what it's doing and instead prefers to spend its time watching defenders!
It's also not possible because we already had him 24 hours ago. How many times can we sign one player?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the know my arse
If it's found that anyone claims to be ITK and continually gets all their claims wrong, should they not be banned for trolling?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anyone found GUILTY of pretending to be ITK must sign a register for the next 2 transfer windows and must list under their username that they are attention seeking peasants. SHAME

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here