Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Mark Field

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I get that and it does appear that the guy was either angry, annoyed or had a wine too many and it does appear that he used a little bit more than reasonable force, but a court will decide that. He also didn't use recognised control and restraint techniques to restrain the woman. BUT you cannot ignore the security implications to ministers of the crown and others especially with recent events in London. The protesters should never had got that far into the venue and that lady was making a beeline directly for the rostrum not like the others who were milling around at the back. Any decent close protection person would have stopped her..

This.
Woman could have had a weapon or acid in her bag. Bloke is obviously not a trained security guard and could have handled it better - but to be hung drawn and quartered over trying to stop one of a load of troublemakers’ escapades seems more than a little harsh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How convenient :)

Eitherwho, I’m glad to see the posters in favour of violence against women are in the minority , although one is too many, IMO ans it's rather unsettling to see just what a bad judge of what is reasonable force some people possess.

Stop putting words in my mouth - you’ve just been an absolute **** there.

And maybe look back at the first page where many said hey didn’t see it as bad - and in no way have I said anything about accepting vilonece against anyone. You’ve just proved my point of exactly the people I was on about - making sensationalist lies up - you are the generation / attitude that is indeed the problem. Storm and tea cup on NSC as well as the press :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This.
Woman could have had a weapon or acid in her bag. Bloke is obviously not a trained security guard and could have handled it better - but to be hung drawn and quartered over trying to stop one of a load of troublemakers’ escapades seems more than a little harsh.

Stop it - you aren’t allowed to talk sense or those posters who can’t handle debate and difference of opinion will start saying you’re in favour of violence against women...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Where do you hide a gun, knife or milkshake in a scanty evening dress? She was also wearing a sash stating quite clearly the protest was about climate change, who are not known for violent actions.
Security were not fazed by her (as shown on the footage) but Mark Field lost his temper.

I agree, he dd lose his temper.

It's made me think really. He needs to apologise for his actions- but no one needs to bring their knitting to the scaffold and I think those who reported it to the police need to ask themselves why they haven't reported other actions they have seen.

He is in the wrong. But in small mitigation I do understand him saying how MPs are more and more reactionary these days. One was murdered, another attempted murder and other stuff.

Protests are good and sometimes disruptive. Long may it continue. There is no 'but' there.

I just think that his actions may have been emotionally pushed by what has gone on before. I noticed the protester when interviewed wasn't overly angry about the whole thing.

Mark Field doesn't have a record of bullish ideology or aggression. He has overreacted here and I feel that a public apology is enough. Other than that we are seeing a lot of point scoring chaff. This wasn't pre-meditated violence.

As for Jim Davidson. The sooner that dinosaur is put out to grass the better. He really shouldn't be talking about attacking women.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Although I disagree with you on this topic, you’re right. I’ll give you that . I apologise.

Apology accepted. I hate violence and have nearly expressed an opinion. Had the women not been trouble making and in the wrong originally I may have not reacted the way I did - I’m not perfect, but I do feel I put my argument across well and it does seem an overreaction by many who also ironically thought he was overreacting...

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Apology accepted. I hate violence and have nearly expressed an opinion. Had the women not been trouble making and in the wrong originally I may have not reacted the way I did - I’m not perfect, but I do feel I put my argument across well and it does seem an overreaction by many who also ironically thought he was overreacting...

Conceded.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
What are all your thoughts on Brighton protests in the Goldstone era, just out of interest?

Should Bill Archer have got private security to rough up fans that went to his home? Should the club have hired more private security + got the police involved to baton fans protesting at the Goldstone (a private venue) ? What about fans that broke the goals?

I was manhandled by the police several times during the protest days, I was indeed one of the fellas hanging off the cross bars and attempting to get through the door at the end of the players tunnel, I received a couple of blows from a coppers truncheon for my efforts.
I knew what I was doing was wrong and accepted what I got it return, but then again I’m not a snowflake either.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’ve just heard from her - she seems pretty sensible and says she isn’t pressing charges and is just a bit shocked.

People seem to be getting offended for her

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’ve just heard from her - she seems pretty sensible and says she isn’t pressing charges and is just a bit shocked.

People seem to be getting offended for her

Equally, Field has unreservedly apologized and said he was in the wrong. People appear to be getting offended for him...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this the thinking of a conservative MP when a middle aged English woman dressed in a red dress enters the room?

We're doomed.

Nah

"Oh the 'entertainment' has arrived, I wonder what it'll cost? :wink:

It turns out - more than you thought.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This.

True. But your argument unravels immediately after the word ‘could’. Unfortunately that’s the second word.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing to see here. No points to be had.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
And the Jo Brand thing was a JOKE, an ill judged joke perhaps, but not warranting the fuss that people have made of it, as she said straight away, also saying "of course I wouldn't do it"....... And that was before anyone started making a fuss about it. It was a political satire programme, the sort of programme that historically comes under scrutiny in a Fascist state, which is what we seem fast to be turning into.

What's it like in Soton? you can't move for Brownshirts here in Hastings.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here