Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oh to be Watford

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Fair enough on the second part.

The first part I disagree, if we are stopping and slowing down every goal for the tiniest reason to disallow we will be at games for hours

I edited my post to say 'most of the time' for the very few instances where current technology cannot tell.

It's not just to disallow. It's to also allow. And it's not a subjective point, like a red card can be, for example. Offside is objective and so the technology should always be used to give the correct call, as it's clear and obvious. In the future I suspect there will be automated systems which will be able indicate on or offside without any human involvement, thereby eliminating the speed issues.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fair enough on the second part.

The first part I disagree, if we are stopping and slowing down every goal for the tiniest reason to disallow we will be at games for hours
That's not true is it? Hours? I think you mean "an extra 3 minutes".

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's not true is it? Hours? I think you mean "an extra 3 minutes".

The biggest concern I have with it is missing a train that is the one you're meant to be on, ie 5.32pm from Liverpool.

Ticket inspectors can be ar$eholes. Paying an extra £80 because of VAR being undecided could lead to a fine or having to buy another train ticket. :facepalm:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I really enjoyed that. Wolves are quickly moving up the list of my most hated teams.

The media must be in absolute mourning tonight.

IMG-20190407-WA0002.jpg

Artist's impression of Wolves fans staying to cheer their team :lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
One for Sir Elton to play as a tribute to England's hero over the Euro qualifiers in March: "I'm still Sterling! Yeah, yeah, yeah!"

Edit: Copyright Durlston, if the Sun pinch that one tomorrow!

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In fairness, I was delighted they went through having been on the wrong end of possibly the worst VAR decision I have seen to date.

If I was Watford, I'd have been absolutely STEAMING at that 2nd Wolves goal.
Fookin' hell.

So its literally come to this.

Games gone.
Wait - so Wolves score a goal, and it's shown to be a fair goal (not offside). VAR helps clear that up.

You call it possibly the worst VAR decision you have ever seen. You're then shown that you're mistaken, it was a good decision, and so now you're saying that football is dead?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I hope Sir Elton gets to sing Abide With Me and not some slapper that's got big boobs and sounding like a cat being castrated.

You had me at Big Boobs

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wait - so Wolves score a goal, and it's shown to be a fair goal (not offside). VAR helps clear that up.

You call it possibly the worst VAR decision you have ever seen. You're then shown that you're mistaken, it was a good decision, and so now you're saying that football is dead?

I was watching the game soundless. The review appeared to be focusing on whether Raul had handballed it before he volleyed it in - which he hadn't. Goal stood, but THEN we see the potential offside issue prior to that.

Sorry, but if we're literally getting down to drawing lines across the pitch to measure TOENAILS on these decisions, then YES, the games gone. You might love it, I think its shite. Clear and obvious my arse. I just knew we'd end up here. But the genie is well and out of the bottle now, and we're stuck with it.

Yay.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was watching the game soundless. The review appeared to be focusing on whether Raul had handballed it before he volleyed it in - which he hadn't. Goal stood, but THEN we see the potential offside issue prior to that.

Sorry, but if we're literally getting down to drawing lines across the pitch to measure TOENAILS on these decisions, then YES, the games gone. You might love it, I think its shite. Clear and obvious my arse. I just knew we'd end up here. But the genie is well and out of the bottle now, and we're stuck with it.

Yay.
So what you would prefer, would be for a good goal to be cancelled out due to an incorrect offside decision?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here