Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Wish I'd be knocked down.

vincelombardi1-2x.jpg

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Used to be called The Crown & Anchor by day, but by night The Crown & *anker! My Mrs used to work in the restaurant under the old management. Really lovely people. Did great food, the best Sussex Smokie ever.
Sheperds Neame bought it & it's muck on a truck delivered chilled for re-heating now.

The old owners are friends of mine. The place was lovely when they were there. Tragically the guy passed away last year after getting out of the pub game.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Three Fishes Weatherspoons in Worthing, appalling service and a Weatherspoons, I say no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Snooty Fox is a hole for sure, but on the (somewhat low scoring) scale of Crawley pubs out there, probably not the worst.

The Top House in B.Hill (or the Burgess Hill Inn as it is now called) is a dive as well, last time I went in there a full scale riot kicked off, glasses and furniture being thrown being thrown everywhere and the Police van turned up sharpish. Rozzers asked the landlord to close the pub immediately ???

Tbh, most 'station' pubs are terrible. The Burrell in HH, the Hassocks just as bad imo.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Snooty Fox is a hole for sure, but on the (somewhat low scoring) scale of Crawley pubs out there, probably not the worst.

The Top House in B.Hill (or the Burgess Hill Inn as it is now called) is a dive as well, last time I went in there a full scale riot kicked off, glasses and furniture being thrown being thrown everywhere and the Police van turned up sharpish. Rozzers asked the landlord to close the pub immediately ???

Tbh, most 'station' pubs are terrible. The Burrell in HH, the Hassocks just as bad imo.

Although the nearest pub to the station in Burgess Hill - The Railway - is a bit soulless and corporate but not by any stretch a dive.

I actually quite like the Top House, it is a bit rough and ready and can get a bit lairy at times but it is a "proper" pub with a bit of personality.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I know it goes against the grain for a lot of people, but the only bars outside the city center in Prague/Plzen that a full, are the ones where you can smoke cigarettes or weed or both, otherwise they are mostly very quiet unless they are a restaurant as well, and even then, have to be a fairly decent restaurant. Seems as though a lot more people smoke here than in the UK. Ive never seen so many young women smoking as I have here.
They changed the law here last year or the year before, and it killed the vibes in Zizkov, but still a few places where people smoke, but they are generally bars that have a bell to get in etc.
When I was younger, I used to go to the George in Portslade Old Village, and it used to get rammed at weekends. Went there last year, and there was only me and the barmaid. Pretty sad really.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know it goes against the grain for a lot of people, but the only bars outside the city center in Prague/Plzen that a full, are the ones where you can smoke cigarettes or weed or both

Went to this tiny bar in Prague with a mate a year or two back, wanted to try an authentic locals pub. It was certainly that. The beer was grand but... MY. GOD. Only lasted twenty minutes before we had to run out, eyes streaming, clothes stinking. The place was rammed with locals, including a few local police in uniform. Literally every single customer was smoking. Only ventilation was a tiny open window. You could cut the fug with a knife. As you can even see in the photo! Worst of all, there was a young waitress in there bringing food and drinks to your table if that's what you wanted. Doesn't bear thinking about the damage she's doing to her lungs working an eight or ten hour shift in that place. Absolutely dreadful.

PRAGUEPUB.jpg

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Went to this tiny bar in Prague with a mate a year or two back, wanted to try an authentic locals pub. It was certainly that. The beer was grand but... MY. GOD. Only lasted twenty minutes before we had to run out, eyes streaming, clothes stinking. The place was rammed with locals, including a few local police in uniform. Literally every single customer was smoking. Only ventilation was a tiny open window. You could cut the fug with a knife. As you can even see in the photo! Worst of all, there was a young waitress in there bringing food and drinks to your table if that's what you wanted. Doesn't bear thinking about the damage she's doing to her lungs working an eight or ten hour shift in that place. Absolutely dreadful.

View attachment 106331

Its a bit weird as the laws here seem to be applied on a sporadic basis.
Ive spoken to cops smoking cigarettes, and joints in bars here. Most dont give a toss, although on one memorable night they showed up to my mates place which was a weed place mob handed, and carted us all, the entire bar, to the nick. Let us go after 2 hours. No fine, no real bollocking about it. You never know. Makes it a bit exciting haha

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here