Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wembley bag policy is strict - make sure you know it!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What's on the main link about bags simply says you can take cameras in. The banned items list says "professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses)".

I'm not quite sure where a DSLR with a telephoto lens fits. Are they saying anything with an interchangeable lens is 'professional', or are they going to argue at the search spot as to whether your dslr is 'starter, amateur, enthusiast, pro'? And don't some phone cameras have additional lenses now.....

Rules around cameras are often daft and ambiguous. A fixed-lens Leica compact worth £8k would be let in. A £400 DSLR wouldn't...

The prohibited list also says "water bottles (need to have the ability to decant)". What does that mean??

You need to pour the contents of the bottle into a plastic glass.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Been going to football for fifty years. Have never ONCE felt the urge to take any kind of bag along. Probably a bit late to ask, but all these years have I been doing football WRONG?

What on earth do you put your flask in then?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Wot??!! No shirts with sponsors names on them?

That rule is to stop an advertising campaign like at the world cup in Germany where a beer company put some very attractive women in shirts advertising a beer which wasnt an official sponsor this allows them to chuck you out or refuse entry if you do this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That rule is to stop an advertising campaign like at the world cup in Germany where a beer company put some very attractive women in shirts advertising a beer which wasnt an official sponsor this allows them to chuck you out or refuse entry if you do this.

Oh yeah, the Dutch lager girls. I remember them :love:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair enough HT, each to their own. But most of the stuff on your list could arguably be carried in something we call 'pockets' round these parts :moo:

Fine if it’s 1995 and you’re wearing cargo pants. Not so good if your clothes are fitted.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Been going to football for fifty years. Have never ONCE felt the urge to take any kind of bag along. Probably a bit late to ask, but all these years have I been doing football WRONG?

Indeed, no need for a bag unless its full of beer and ginsters that will be finished well before journey to said game is completed.

Saying that, one of the more honourable gentleman that frequented Albion away over the last decades ( I forget his name), don’t think he goes away anymore, was famous for his plastic bag.He went everywhere with it, even around town on non footy days. It was actually sort of a legendary fixture. He once produced to me out of it a book he had just had delivered that was of the greatest football dugouts, it was both the most mind numbingly boring and car crash cant take your eyes off book I have ever seen, anyone producing that book out of a bag can go bag mental for all I care.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's on the main link about bags simply says you can take cameras in. The banned items list says "professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses)".

I'm not quite sure where a DSLR with a telephoto lens fits. Are they saying anything with an interchangeable lens is 'professional', or are they going to argue at the search spot as to whether your dslr is 'starter, amateur, enthusiast, pro'? And don't some phone cameras have additional lenses now.....

A DSLR goes in a museum soon! Long lenses are the key for their concerns over taking photos of the action, but you need to know the sensor size too.

We have the same ambiguous rules on cameras at the Amex. It’s a big risk to take a few grands worth of camera gear for a day out that involves a football match when you can be refused permission to bring it in. There’s nowhere to leave it, so it’s basically you can’t go in either. My wife has had a long discussion with the chief steward in the North Stand and he didn’t have sufficient knowledge to make a reasonable decision (though he may have now). It’s all a bit daft really.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A DSLR goes in a museum soon! Long lenses are the key for their concerns over taking photos of the action, but you need to know the sensor size too.

We have the same ambiguous rules on cameras at the Amex. It’s a big risk to take a few grands worth of camera gear for a day out that involves a football match when you can be refused permission to bring it in. There’s nowhere to leave it, so it’s basically you can’t go in either. My wife has had a long discussion with the chief steward in the North Stand and he didn’t have sufficient knowledge to make a reasonable decision (though he may have now). It’s all a bit daft really.

I had a long lens in a soft case with me at the Amex last season. Steward felt in my bag said "... flask, okay..." and waved me through. Good times.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is a bit OTT. You advertise a 'family section' for a game like this - which I am in - and then don't allow a quite reasonable size bag with the sort of stuff that most people would take for kids.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
So the idea would be to take a bag that folds down to less than the prohibited size ..stuff various items in your pockets and/or carry separately said items ..then shove them in the bag once in your seat :whistle;
have done that at old trafford --it works

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Shame darts are banned, was planning on taking the arrows for a game in the Ibis Hotel before the game to calm my nerves.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here