Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
"Two banks of three and two up front. We should at least give the ducks a game!"

Attachments

• Look at That NSC.jpg
    Look at That NSC.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 251

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Street musicians in Saffron Walden

Street musicians.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Walking around Stanmer church yard today, I noticed a dragon in the old Yew tree?

Attachments

• Dragon NSC.jpg
    Dragon NSC.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 414

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Viewing RAW Files in Windows 7.

I recently posted that I couldn't see the actual thumbnails when viewing my RAW files on my computer, just the NEF icons. Another poster on here said you can. Therefore I did a bit of searching and found this
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26829
Bingo! All my RAW files are now thumbnails so I don't have the labourious task of opening every one to see what it is.
Hope this is helpful?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This was a sunset coming into Puerto Rico

west indies 2011 dads 528.JPG

I have not edited these at all. I have a string of around 30 shots from the sun starting to go down to this one. It was the most stunning sunset I have ever seen

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Not quite the exotic location of Granny's above but this photo was taken at Swanboro lakes, near Kingston, Lewes during a 24 hour Carp fishing session.

This is looking east, early in the morning towards Firle Beacon and has not had any editing

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I recently posted that I couldn't see the actual thumbnails when viewing my RAW files on my computer, just the NEF icons. Another poster on here said you can. Therefore I did a bit of searching and found this
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26829
Bingo! All my RAW files are now thumbnails so I don't have the labourious task of opening every one to see what it is.
Hope this is helpful?

NEF files ? You need to convert these to adobe DNG (digital negative) files. They're adobe's raw file and they take up less space on your hard drive and they'll be around a long time from now when he likes of NEF, CR2 etc have gone the way of the dodo. :thumbsup:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Walking around Stanmer church yard today, I noticed a dragon in the old Yew tree?

Used to love taking medium format b/w film photographs of this tree a few years back. There used to be a very photogenic piece of bark in the hollow part of the tree that was pulled out ages ago by vandals. Very photogenic tree though

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not quite Puerto Rico, just the view from my balcony tonight...

EOS70D-20150205-8248.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here