Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr Attwell, The Referee

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That’s utterly untrue in reality.

His side were clinical with their chances - you have to hand them that. But your keeper being forced into making three first-half worldies isn’t down to outsmarting your opponent. Nor is getting away with two clear handballs in the box. We may not have done enough to deserve any luck, but luck absolutely had a huge bearing on the outcome.

Sorry, I think you're being a little unfair.

In the first half, they'd worked us out, pushed high and every time we tried to work the ball out, we ended up going long and conceding possession. For me that is good coaching. They exploited Montoya (who had a stinker), and had a plan to attack down the right hand side.....

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
worst reffing performance I can remember for a long time, aided and abetted by terrible assistant refs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
4 mins injury time?! They’d just wasted 2 in the 88th minute! Should have been at least 7, probably 10 if they’d actually allowed for the time wasting!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Referee?

Not even 'absolutely sh!te'. Probably the worse I have seen for a few seasons...there again...we have seen a few this year haven't we?

Move on...

we are in a battle and need to resolve the issues.

i)Bissouma must start.
ii)Knocky must start
iii)We need to attack!

there...my take.

but it is still very eminently retrievable...

Seagulls!

TNBA

TTF

What he said!

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
One big mistake, that being the blatant handball.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The corner.

We were just about to take it.

Burnley players had surrounded him for a while and finally convinced him to change his mind.

When do refs normally change their mind with player protests?

****!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The issue is there to see. We have a"nice" manager and pussies as players. No one gets in the ear of the ref. The time wasting one of our players should be screaming at the ref from an inch away. Moan and complain about every decision. Hughton should be chucking shit at the 4th official.

Not nice but every other f@@ker does it. We don't and **** me we never get the decisions.

We were bullied today and lay down with a wimper, pathetic.

Time to grow some and get nasty.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Gallagher always has the old cop-out, even for shocking decisions, that “in fairness to the officials, their line of sight was obscured”.

And that is exactly what the ref pundit said on BT Sport.
They all stick together no matter how wrong they are and Chuck out ridiculous excuses.
It really twists my balls.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just watched it on MOTD.

The Burnley penalty shouldn’t have been given for 3 reasons. The obvious penalty for us in the first place, Barnes is offside when he raced through, its tight , but he is offside, and Attwell plays advantage when Ryan fouls Barnes and Wood misses. It should be a goal kick.

Impressive refereeing to make 3 huge mistakes, in 1 goal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just watched it on MOTD.

The Burnley penalty shouldn’t have been given for 3 reasons. The obvious penalty for us in the first place, Barnes is offside when he raced through, its tight , but he is offside, and Attwell plays advantage when Ryan fouls Barnes and Wood misses. It should be a goal kick.

Impressive refereeing to make 3 huge mistakes, in 1 goal.

Did you notice the shocking defending for their two goals before that? Duffy decides to give Wood the freedom of the Amex, when he had all the time in the world to mark the bloke. Devastating.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The issue is there to see. We have a"nice" manager and pussies as players. No one gets in the ear of the ref. The time wasting one of our players should be screaming at the ref from an inch away. Moan and complain about every decision. Hughton should be chucking shit at the 4th official.

Not nice but every other f@@ker does it. We don't and **** me we never get the decisions.

We were bullied today and lay down with a wimper, pathetic.

Time to grow some and get nasty.

Bissouma did he told the referee the "injured" player should be walking off at the touch line 2 yards away and not walking back towards the half way line. He just ignored him because he is a terrible referee or he is a cheat. Jury is out.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
TWO penalties.

I thought three penalties. Two obvious and one that you have seen given. Commentator seemed to think their penalty shouldn't have been given also as the advantage had been played and Wood missed the shot.

If this games wasn't a solid argument for VAR I don't know what is?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blame the ref all you like! Burnley showed us how to finish! Dyche showed Hughton (as everytime they have met) how to win games!

Ah yes, Totton Seagull. Another fan who only posts negativity. Burnley are still below us in the table for all their wonderful finishing & Dychw's winning ways.
The season isn't finished yet, so stop trying to bury the team before they're dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here