Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] On the spot fine

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I feel for you mate.

I'm a smoker and live in a residential area with no litter bins. I was fined outside Wembley for dropping a cigarette, stubbing it out and then picking it up! What the hell else was I supposed to do? The bins were overflowing with rubbish. I very nearly decked the guy - would have got into a lot more trouble though!

We pay our taxes on cigarettes (unless we bootleg :)). Tell me, as a rhetorical question, what's worse? A dropped cig butt or a pile of vomit on Saturday/Sunday morning that your dog eats and then regurgitates? Ughhh!

These jobsworths are @rsehol€s. :tosser:

According to the gov website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/enforcement-officers-issuing-fixed-penalty-notices

this bit here Give offenders the chance to pick up litter before you issue an FPN. Warn them that you will issue an FPN if they don’t., surely you shouldn't have been fined, nor the majority who drop a fag or whatever, as they weren't offered the chance to pick it up?

Someone must know on here.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I got fined a year or so ago and yes I agree it is excessive, but in all honesty, no matter where I am I always try and find a bin now so it definitely works as a deterrent.
They would make an absolute killing if they worked evenings/nights outside the pubs and clubs though, not that I would want the job to fine people while they are drunk.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Like I would give these ‘why don’t you get a proper job’ idiots my real name. They provide less bins now obvious why the councils take the public bins away. I’m always working around Marylebone/Oxford Street and they have Plenty of public bins with ash tray section things and everyone seems to use them.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Can you just refuse to give them your name and address then walk away?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Where should a person put a cigarette end when they have finished with it but it's still burning if they are outside?

The bins in Brighton have got a stubber plate on the top, and then, when it is no longer burning, put it in the bin.
That's if you can find a bin, of course.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
shame though that they don’t fine all the people who drop their old chewing gum on the pavements too. Well i haven’t heard of any cases, but perhaps they do already

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
doesn’t it anyway? or at least for a fair while

A stubbed out fag in a pocket has a much longer lasting and stronger stink than clothes from outside smoking at least

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Can you just refuse to give them your name and address then walk away?

I'd probably have done that in the past or made them watch the cctv as there was nothing to actually pick up. I kinda just started and said "really?" and shook my head. If I'm honest she seemed to want an argument about it and read my rights or what have you. Seemed quite pleased with herself

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I'd probably have done that in the past or made them watch the cctv as there was nothing to actually pick up. I kinda just started and said "really?" and shook my head. If I'm honest she seemed to want an argument about it and read my rights or what have you. Seemed quite pleased with herself

Coming on here just makes you the butt of jokes :)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I feel for you mate.

I'm a smoker and live in a residential area with no litter bins. I was fined outside Wembley for dropping a cigarette, stubbing it out and then picking it up! What the hell else was I supposed to do? The bins were overflowing with rubbish. I very nearly decked the guy - would have got into a lot more trouble though!

We pay our taxes on cigarettes (unless we bootleg :)). Tell me, as a rhetorical question, what's worse? A dropped cig butt or a pile of vomit on Saturday/Sunday morning that your dog eats and then regurgitates? Ughhh!

These jobsworths are @rsehol€s. :tosser:

You make it sound like they only fine smokers! Open your eyes and look at the garbage lying around, I'm sure they fine others as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here