Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raheem Sterling has an AK 47 tattoo on his thigh. Should he play for England?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Its not images of christ on the cross

Pilate condemns Jesus to die
Jesus accepts his cross
Jesus falls for the first time
Jesus meets his mother, Mary
Simon of Cyrene helps carry the cross
Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
Jesus falls for the second time
Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem
Jesus falls for the third time
Jesus is stripped of his clothes
Jesus is nailed to the cross
Jesus dies on the cross
Jesus is taken down from the cross
Jesus is placed in the tomb

Also not traditionally part of the Stations the Resurrection is sometimes depicted as a15th station

It has absolutely everything to do with his death and resurrection. It is more for Catholics as I said but they are the majority of christians..erm I think. This is coming from an Athelist though.

Just google stations of the cross, catholic churches always have all the stations depicted in them.

Either way, when Jesus returns the last thing he's going to want to see is aload of crosses.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A gun? used as a symbol of peace? I’m really struggling to think of a reason other than he thinks he’s a bit gangster and came up with this reason when he got found out.

Look at funerals with a guard of honour or memorials. One guard on each corner with an inverted gun.

Are all Arsenal players & fans in the Artillery?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Look at funerals with a guard of honour or memorials. One guard on each corner with an inverted gun.

Are all Arsenal players & fans in the Artillery?

I hope you’re not drawing a comparison between RS and our noble armed forces insignia because that little wannabe gangster ain’t fit to polish their musketry balls! :salute::guns:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I hope you’re not drawing a comparison between RS and our noble armed forces insignia because that little wannabe gangster ain’t fit to polish their musketry balls! :salute::guns:

I hear he speaks well of you.
His father was shot when he was two years old. I doubt Sterling is glorifying guns.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The bloke has got a tattoo that means something to him.

He isn't breaking any obscenity laws.

So why does he need to explain anything to anyone?

I just don't get why this is anyone's business, just because he plays football people think they have the right to criticise his choices.

Leave him be and let him concentrate on the World Cup.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I just don't get why this is anyone's business, just because he plays football people think they have the right to criticise his choices.

It is a woman whose son was shot, who wants him thrown out of the England team. I feel sorry for her, but this protest via the Sun, isn't helping her cause.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I just don't get why this is anyone's business, .

We wouldn't be discussing this if Sterling hadn't posted a photo of his himself showing the tattoo on Instagram.

Point is, if he wanted to keep the tattoo private he should have worn long football socks in training and not posted the picture.
Obviously it wouldn't have been all over the internet and newspapers then.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I hear he speaks well of you.
His father was shot when he was two years old. I doubt Sterling is glorifying guns.

I wouldn’t be so sure, he’s not the sharpest tool in the box by all accounts (as if further evidence other than this was needed) and it simply doesn’t follow that losing his dad to gun crime (aged two, so he’ll have no recollection of) turns him into some sort of anti NRA crusader either - I like a good warfilm despite the loss of family and friends that way. Nope, far more likely he’s done it for misguided ‘street cred’ reasons and spun a load of baloney afterwards to offset criticism which people are rightly seeing right through.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

It isn’t. You’re right ultimately. Until perhaps people start citing he gets paid a fortune in sponsorships based on his image and this isn’t any sort of helpful to society at large image that we all need more of. And, of course, putting a side the fact it’s simply a discussion point on many football chat sites until tomorrow when they’ll be another (non) story along to replace this one :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its not images of christ on the cross
Ok, I think that comes under 'or something like that'.

It has absolutely everything to do with his death and resurrection.
I've just read the 14 things you listed, and none of them are about resurrection. Being about his death, yes, that's what I said. Not so much about his victory.

Just google stations of the cross
Ok, done that, seen the list you said. Not seen anything about his victory over death.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can we agree to disagree?
Sure.
I am sure the cross can be interpreted one way, you are sure it's another
I'm not sure it's another, I just imagine it has many interpretations, rather than it being about his victory over death.
but one thing is clear, we are both old enough to cope with that!
Unfortunately so.

I accept the gun pointing down may be a symbol of peace, I just don't believe that such a symbol will be interpreted that way by a large number of people.
Yeah I don't think people seeing it would think that - but then they see it and like us on here, find out that it is a symbol of peace because his father was murdered. That's his way of saying to people who look up to footballers, make peace not war.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg. image.jpg

:)
Gun, what gun? It's Peter Crouch

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
Surprised Leon BaloGUN hasn't been in for some stick Over his name! It's coming I'm sure.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

They’re forming a guard. This isn’t a symbol of peace, more strength and protection; outside of war it’s ceremonial but there’s a genuine need inside a war zone from where it originates. Besides, this is a very tenuous link with a twit with a machine gun tattooed on his leg.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surprised Leon BaloGUN hasn't been in for some stick Over his name! It's coming I'm sure.

What about Sam Bal-Lock, Stock and Barrel?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here