Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agustein -is he worth it

Dec 29, 2011
He came out very highly rated on the Burke data base. The one that rates a players attitude, fitness levels, injury history and performance levels and the ability to fit into our style of play. Mr Burke explained on Albion Roar how all these things are monitored before he gets on the shortlist for Qscar to choose from.

Attitude is shit, fitness is non existent, and he rarely played for Swansea because he had lots of injury problems. Good system that.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
It's not often I'll criticize our players but that is an utterly disrespectful tweet. I really think he can be a good player for us but clearly there is something going on behind the scenes which is keeping him out the side (along with other player's form I should add).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He's clearly lost weight and has talent. But he needs to run around a bit on the pitch however good he is. I'm actually fed up with former Swansea players. We clearly don't play quite the same way, but essentially if they aren't good enough for The Swans they don't seem to good enough for us either.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's not going to get a run in the team if he keeps tweeting comments as he has done recently....how long are Andrews/JFC out for? Only i think we are short of a player or 2 who grafts and tackles in the middle..with them 2 out u only have Ince and Stephens

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were chatting about our players today at the game (as you do). I mentioned that the two players I haven't seen have a good game this season are Lopez (Sorry Dave but it's true) and Kemy.

I don't know how much we are paying Agustein but I wish we hadn't signed him. I would LOVE to be proved wrong. (I didn't rate Butters when he first joined us).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We were chatting about our players today at the game (as you do). I mentioned that the two players I haven't seen have a good game this season are Lopez (Sorry Dave but it's true) and Kemy.

I don't know how much we are paying Agustein but I wish we hadn't signed him. I would LOVE to be proved wrong. (I didn't rate Butters when he first joined us).

Funnily enough, the two players who could benefit the most from Rodriguez being in the side could be Lopez and Kemy as I think they are the two players we have who are capable of playing a pass into Rod's runs. Admittedly this is obviously based on one game so I might be completely wrong.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Wouldn't call him lazy. After the Blackburn game at the Amex he was doing a pretty intense workout on the pitch with one of the fitness coaches. His performance at St. Andrews this season was immense but then got injured. I think in the next few weeks we will see the best of him.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
He's just posted another post on twitter making it clear he's unhappy

@KemyAgustien: Missing swansea more and more. 3points lads

Most of our recent signings seem to have fitted in but he seems the exception. I don't see enough games live, but right from when I saw him away at Leeds and at the Amex against Burnley at the start of the season, I thought he had an attitude problem. I haven't hard or seen anything to change that view.

I know some see him as a flair player....

I rarely criticise our players, but he's one to offload in my view...

I tweeted Kemy last night about his Swansea tweets and he came back to me with this:-
@KemyAgustien: [MENTION=3501]Seagulls[/MENTION]72 I respect the fans and the players but that doesnt mean im happy here? I want the best for all of us dont get me wrong.
Initially I thought he was getting a little lost in translation and was saying that even though he tweets about Swansea he loves his team mates + fans and is happy at the club but having re read his tweet in not so sure. The ? after him saying he's not happy here kind of threw me.
What do others think ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I tweeted Kemy last night about his Swansea tweets and he came back to me with this:-
@KemyAgustien: [MENTION=3501]Seagulls[/MENTION]72 I respect the fans and the players but that doesnt mean im happy here? I want the best for all of us dont get me wrong.
Initially I thought he was getting a little lost in translation and was saying that even though he tweets about Swansea he loves his team mates + fans and is happy at the club but having re read his tweet in not so sure. The ? after him saying he's not happy here kind of threw me.
What do others think ?

Disrespectful since we all collectively contribute to his wages, I suppose he perceives he is Premiership quality whereas others know he is not.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Disrespectful since we all collectively contribute to his wages, I suppose he perceives he is Premiership quality whereas others know he is not.

Perhaps he thought he would walk straight into the team. If he realises that is not the case and gets his head down, then he probably has the talent to be a key player.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A Dutch footballer proving difficult to manage. Who would ever have thunk it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Agree it's not the wisest of comments to make but I think he should be playing for us. Like any player he needs a run of games to get into the swing of things but he's clearly got class.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We need his vision and passing ability in the run in and the likes of Ulloa and Rodriguez will benefit from this.

Trouble is, if you play him what do we lose out on?

I think he would have been useful in the first half when Doncaster were playing such a high line, as he can spot a pass. The trouble is if it doesn't succeed he's liable to stand with his hands on his hips and not move for 2 or 3 minutes. Definite luxury player.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Trouble is, if you play him what do we lose out on?

I think he would have been useful in the first half when Doncaster were playing such a high line, as he can spot a pass. The trouble is if it doesn't succeed he's liable to stand with his hands on his hips and not move for 2 or 3 minutes. Definite luxury player.

he doesn't aways stand with his hand son his hips....he waves them in the air as well :wave:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here