Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Tavernier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

Jun 2, 2018
17 goals (admittedly 13 from pens but still impressive) and 20 assists in all comps this season? 20!!! He is a massive improvement on what we've got especially since we now only have one right back

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No improvement on what we have as only played for lower le\gue teams apart from Newcastle and is now only good enough for Rangers.

Hmmm seems a little harsh. Anyway, we were certainly after him, and may well still be

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Reece James Justin! ;-)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about Tomori if Derby dont go up and take him back on loan? I must admit I think that Montoya fits the bill well and will do well next season but we do need back up and I am not sure that Balogun is the answer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What about Tomori if Derby dont go up and take him back on loan? I must admit I think that Montoya fits the bill well and will do well next season but we do need back up and I am not sure that Balogun is the answer.

What’s your knowledge of Left Wingbacks like?

Do you think Bong is up to it or do you think we need a Jonny Otto type player to back up Bernardo?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Montoya isn’t the answer to anything. Full back he’s out of position a lot or certainly wasn’t in tune with the rest of the back 4 at times. Says a lot really that 38 year old Bruno was back for the end of the season and it wasn’t just sentimental
He’s no wing back either.
Bernardo on the left looks like he could do both. Montoya definitely not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What’s your knowledge of Left Wingbacks like?

Do you think Bong is up to it or do you think we need a Jonny Otto type player to back up Bernardo?

I generally do not like or agree with playing wing backs and would not generally pick a team with them but have said many times that I would consider Bong at left back and Bernardo as a defensive left sided midfielder as was obviously needed against Man City at The Amex. I think that would work well especially in away games against the top sides.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Montoya isn’t the answer to anything. Full back he’s out of position a lot or certainly wasn’t in tune with the rest of the back 4 at times. Says a lot really that 38 year old Bruno was back for the end of the season and it wasn’t just sentimental
He’s no wing back either.
Bernardo on the left looks like he could do both. Montoya definitely not.

we obviously have different opinions on what is needed. He has experience and has played at the top in La Ligue so I do not see where you are coming from. with your view. of not being good enough

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Montoya isn’t the answer to anything.

He did have some good games last season, he has done enough to be given a chance as 2nd choice RB/WB with the new manager next season IMHO. That Barcelona one-touch football he’s been schooled in is surely something that Harry will be interested in reawakening?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I generally do not like or agree with playing wing backs
Perhaps but I think Bloom’s got envious eyes on Wolves and their 7th place. Their wing back system was hugely influential in getting them so high but I do agree with your Bong & Bernardo assessments.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
17 goals (admittedly 13 from pens but still impressive) and 20 assists in all comps this season? 20!!! He is a massive improvement on what we've got especially since we now only have one right back

He certainly pings in some excellent crosses, which can trouble defences at any level - significantly from roughly that spot on the pitch where our wingers and full backs stop, turn round, and pass it back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He did have some good games last season, he has done enough to be given a chance as 2nd choice RB/WB with the new manager next season IMHO. That Barcelona one-touch football he’s been schooled in is surely something that Harry will be interested in reawakening?

I don't think any palyer in the current first team squad will be regarded as 2nd choice at the moment, (or 1st or 3rd come to that). Everyone is going into the new season with a clean slate, and it will be totally up to our new manager who he considers our better players to be.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think any palyer in the current first team squad will be regarded as 2nd choice at the moment, (or 1st or 3rd come to that). Everyone is going into the new season with a clean slate, and it will be totally up to our new manager who he considers our better players to be.

Yes, but we can still discuss our views on the relative merits of players, shirley? We just don't get to pick the team on match days, which is fine by me!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He seemed to pretty much shut Zaha out of the game away at Palace. Definitely worth persevering with for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here