Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] all this Mount Everest shennannigans....wtf

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
i mean 7 dead this week as hundreds of climbers "queue" in the death zone @ 8000 ft to make a final approach to the summit and get their picture taken , what an absolute lead off bucket list bollockery.......a real indication of how ****ing stupid people are.:rant::rant::hilton:

Hipster generation seeking an “experience”. Hope they got what they were looking for.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Hipster generation seeking an “experience”. Hope they got what they were looking for.

It's not though is It? A lot of rich, middle aged Indians, Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and Americans with professional jobs buying their way to another tick box on the bucket list, HB&B bringing up the rear, Union Jack bandana tied round his bald head, his personal sherpa hauling a 2m x 2m flag with a picture of Thatcher on it for Timmy to unveil on the summit, next stop shooting white tigers in Siberia.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's not though is It? A lot of rich, middle aged Indians, Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and Americans with professional jobs buying their way to another tick box on the bucket list, HB&B bringing up the rear, Union Jack bandana tied round his bald head, his personal sherpa hauling a 2m x 2m flag with a picture of Thatcher on it for Timmy to unveil on the summit, next stop shooting white tigers in Siberia.

Yeah, sounds about right. Oh well, goes to show no matter how much money you have, falling off the world's highest mountain is something of a leveller.

"But I paid forty five thousaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

you had me till the last bit ...:nono:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Could climbing Everest be Theresa May's next challenge? please?

She'd probably get the task of climbing Everest, but instead of actually doing it, she'd try to find a 50/50 compromise deal, probably along the lines of working out the distance required to climb to the top of Everest from ground level, and then work out the distance from ground level to the deepest part of the ocean (Mariana Trench) and somehow conclude that she wouldn't actually need to climb at all, because by using that ocean depth data, she can claim that she has already covered the distance required and therefore achieved her goal of reaching the summit. (providing she can get the other MP's to agree to this solution of course)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
She'd probably get the task of climbing Everest, but instead of actually doing it, she'd try to find a 50/50 compromise deal, probably along the lines of working out the distance required to climb to the top of Everest from ground level, and then work out the distance from ground level to the deepest part of the ocean (Mariana Trench) and somehow conclude that she wouldn't actually need to climb at all, because by using that ocean depth data, she can claim that she has already covered the distance required and therefore achieved her goal of reaching the summit. (providing she can get the other MP's to agree to this solution of course)

Meanwhile Jacob Rees-Mogg would set out with nanny and Smithers, the family butler, carrying a wicker hamper of cucumber sandwiches and ginger beer. Dressed in plus fours and a pith helmet, and using a jolly stout walking cane, he'd rely on the 19th century travel journal of one of his ancestors – "Expeditions Across the Uncivilised and Uncharted Lands of the Empire with the Dark Skinned Natives" – for directions. After seven months with no contact, he'd finally re-emerge with a modest tale of having single-handedly fought off yetis, avalanches and more in order to reach the summit. Unfortunately the powder flash on the party's Victorian box camera failed to ignite whilst at the top, so for proof, Mr Rees-Mogg selflessly tied his striped pyjama bottoms (crisply ironed of course) to his walking stick and left them there for future climbers to rediscover.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm going to do it someday, but I'm waiting until they put in a cable car to the top like they are planning for Kilimanjaro. None of this climbing nonsense.

I was just about to agree with you until it was pointed out that you really hadn't thought this through thoroughly.

Quick way to kill yourself, I should think. It’s hard enough acclimatising as it is!

Pressurised cable car :wink:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
What a pair of clowns. Can’t believe they tried to get up dressed like that.

It was a hot summer day when they set off 2 months earlier from Kathmandu. Must have surprised them when the weather turned.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How the feck do you get a Sherpa up Everest.
My old one wouldn’t ever start in the cold mornings.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm shocked at the number of people who don't think we are cable of finding a way to make a cable car work. It might have to be very slow but it's a heck of a lot easier than climbing.

You've got my backing. I think we should ignore the people talking about altitude sickness, acclimatisation, lack of oxygen etc and just believe more :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here