Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who will join us in the PL ? Playoff thread

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Didn't see the West Brom penalty claim.
Saw the Derby one, felt the Derby player came from behind and wasn't trying to win the ball, just get his leg in front of the Leeds defender and collapsed on the floor. Shouldn't have been a pen, imo.

I really can't bring myself to want any of them to succeed. It's always funny to see Derby and Leeds slip up (especially when, as with Leeds this year, they have looked good for automatic promotion for a notable period. Villa just feels too soon for them to bounce back, like it would feed into a 'we are a premier league side, we're just visiting the championship' sense about them that pervades even though they're in their second year down there and are relying on play offs. West Brom still have a bad taste in my mouth about the Bon incident, exacerbated by their sacking of Darren Moore when they were still doing fine.
Villa have been 3 years in the Championship

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Away goals count as normal goals, all still to play for in both semi-finals, although I can't see FL Derby progressing at Leeds now.

I agree - It's been a great season for the club as a whole but we're not ready, or good enough, to go up. Come back refreshed and with a bit more steel or nastiness in the squad and year of experience under Lampard's belt..... Obv if we manage to win it on Tue, I'll be desperately trying to get a ticket for the big one!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I agree - It's been a great season for the club as a whole but we're not ready, or good enough, to go up. Come back refreshed and with a bit more steel or nastiness in the squad and year of experience under Lampard's belt..... Obv if we manage to win it on Tue, I'll be desperately trying to get a ticket for the big one!!

Good luck.

Much nicer for the football world to have you in the Premier League than dirty Leeds or entitled Villa.

Chelsea might not be quite so generous with the loans of FL Derby are promoted though!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good luck.

Much nicer for the football world to have you in the Premier League than dirty Leeds or entitled Villa.

Chelsea might not be quite so generous with the loans of FL Derby are promoted though!
Even if Chelsea wanted to, the PL -> PL loan rules are very limiting.

I believe only 2 PL loans in total are allowed at any one time ( so up to 4 half season loans, if both go back in January ) - and only 1 loan allowed from a particular club.

This is why Huddersfield couldn't loan in both Izzy Brown and Kasey Palmer from Chelsea last season.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Good luck.

Cheers - Tomori has been magnificent. He'll be in the PL one way or another next season....

I don't always buy in to a club being institutionally bad but Leeds, it's in their DNA, they're just horrible!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I'd definitely prefer Derby than any of the other contenders. Had some good times with their fans on trains, in pubs and at games.

I'll forgive them thumping us in the PO before...we didn't deserve to be in them that season...frankly, I feel sorry for them and I ****ing hate Leeds United.

West Brom? Meh, Villa...no...just no.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
West Brom (1) Villa (2). 8pm kickoff for the 2nd leg.

Could do with Villa being knocked out.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Can't see it happening with Dwight Gayle out suspended for WBA.

I hate wanting "shit on the Villa" to win but 2-1 to them again (9/1) with girlie-name Tammy Abraham scoring first (4/1) and double odds and treble odds the more he scores if he notches the opener.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Never really understood the advantage of the higher placed team playing at home in the 2nd leg.

Would much rather have the home win on the board.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hughton favourite for the job.

You just know he will keep them up and we go down if that happens

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nah. If they come up with Hughton as manager we'll all infest their forums and stalk them on twitter whispering that Hughton isn't up to Premier League management and they'll end up playing dull defensive football. In other words we'll become Norwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here