Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Local Council Elections

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You wouldn't think that from the BBC coverage , according to them it's neck and neck between the Tories and Labour over who has lost most seats

They can be shockingly bad at times. As much as I don't like him, they're anti-Corbyn. Corbyn's hopeless, and should do the decent thing. McDonnell, on the other hand, has been about the best thing to happen to the high end of the big party politics for decades. Not so sure I want him as Labour leader, but if he could stay as shadow (for a limited period) chancellor, all of a sudden, things will be that much better.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've not seen much news at all today, but I would guess the Labour angle is that for an opposition party up against a government in absolute disarray, it's a piss-poor show to not make any headway.

Appreciate this doesn't meet your tiresome agenda.

They need to get George Osborne and David Cameron back, and then all will be fine.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And yet the utter bellend managed to f#ck it up. What a start to the weekend! What a time to be alive!

:clap::clap::clap:

Just got back and seen the results - how on earth could he lose there? It's been Tory since Adam was a lad.

That's the end of his political career, it shone brightly for just an instant ... he'll always have those fleeting memories

I’m a Labour man but fair play to the Greens who have beaten NSC’s most ridiculous Tory and also some of the more right wing elements in Labour. This will be the most progressive set of councillors in Brighton and Hove history. I hope there is joint administration tho Labour has the right to carry on as a minority leadership of the Borough

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just got back and seen the results - how on earth could he lose there? It's been Tory since Adam was a lad.

That's the end of his political career, it shone brightly for just an instant ... he'll always have those fleeting memories

I can only assume he knocked on pretty much every doorstep going and then relied on his winning personality

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I seem to remember him talking on here about campaigning for a tory candidate in a general election, and that candidate losing (quite badly?). You'd think that'd be two strikes against him.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just seen the Withdean result.

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA.

Better luck next time HB&B. Why not write a poem about it. X

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just seen the Withdean result.

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA.

Better luck next time HB&B. Why not write a poem about it. X

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

There once was a Tory named Tim
Whose view on cyclists was dim
He got an erection
and stood for election
But Green put him in to the bin

*bows*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do hope he lost by 1 vote, because I can't help thinking he wrote "me, me, me" all over his ballot paper.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There once was a Tory named Tim
Whose view on cyclists was dim
He got an erection
and stood for election
But Green put him in to the bin

*bows*

:bowdown:

A boring young Tory from Hove
Thought he was the new Michael Gove
He dreamed of a landslide
But it was political suicide
When the Greens left him looking so mauve

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Businessman
Property Magnate
Journalist
Weather Forecaster
Politician

I wonder what industry is waiting to get the benefit of our friend [MENTION=17913]Falmerfourtickets[/MENTION] talents and epic career progression next :wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Businessman
Property Magnate
Journalist
Weather Forecaster
Politician

I wonder what industry is waiting to get the benefit of our friend [MENTION=17913]Falmerfourtickets[/MENTION] talents and epic career progression next :wink:
Melbourne Cup commentator - when his alarm clock works ? ???

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Businessman
Property Magnate
Journalist
Weather Forecaster
Politician

:)
a.png

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It's amazing just how many people have enjoyed someone else's misery!.........there again there is such a thing as Karma......I very much remember in late 2007 early 2008 when I got made redundant.......someone I know on here (not in real life thank ****!!!) took some extremely cheap stabs at me for being unemployed for a while.............yesterdays Withdean result was extremely sweet for me....... :lol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It's amazing just how many people have enjoyed someone else's misery!.........there again there is such a thing as Karma......I very much remember in late 2007 early 2008 when I got made redundant.......someone I know on here (not in real life thank ****!!!) took some extremely cheap stabs at me for being unemployed for a while.............yesterdays Withdean result was extremely sweet for me....... :lol:
Even more amazing to me is that you can be like that, threaten people via PM or wish child abuse on people and still have a cheering section on here. See the fawning over the return of Watford O.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I remember it well. He got made redundant a while later and came on here to boast about the payoff and how he would be 'back in the city' in no time.

I was just glad when he eventually got a job, a long time after, as the amount of shite he posted on here dropped by 90%. (I don't think he was allowed to type and flip burgers at the same time).

Last I heard, he had made it as far as some sort of clerk in Haywards Heath a couple of years back when another NSC poster realised he was working in the same office as HB&B.

I think there is such a thing as Karma :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m surprised he lost, he seems to have the perfect attributes to become a Conservative councillor.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here