Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Local Council Elections

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Understandable that many Lib Dem supporters are making some pretty extravagant claims about the significance of the council election results (bless em) the political wilderness they have been occupying is a lonely desolate place but just to gently remind them that they haven't even recovered all the seats they lost in 2015 let alone gained new ground.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Correct. The Tweet says Hove Park but when you go through line by line that %age belongs to Preston Park. Seems the local journo confused her two parkrun destinations :wink:

Well I always get a better result at PP parkrun than at Hove Park, so that makes sense [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think that he's certain to get in. You could put a donkey wearing a blue-rosette up for election and it would get voted in

I would think so too. Now, just imagine that there's no overall control and he has to spend the next 4 years working under a Green minority council and staying off here. It's almost a price worth paying.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think that he's certain to get in. You could put a donkey wearing a blue-rosette up for election and it would get voted in

Well why the hell didn't we do that then!

TORY_DONKEY.jpg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Have a look where LDC are doing their count:

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/new...uncil-election-results-live-updates-1-8914454

Surely Sheepcote Valley would have been a more suitable location.

It's tempting to get steamed up about hypocrisy, but instead I'm going for a smug chuckle, safe in the knowledge that we were right, that we won and that now they have to admit that we were right and are seeing the benefits of a having a fantastic facility, that they didn't want, in their backyard. I hope Falmer Parish are there too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have a look where LDC are doing their count:

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/new...uncil-election-results-live-updates-1-8914454

Surely Sheepcote Valley would have been a more suitable location.

It's tempting to get steamed up about hypocrisy, but instead I'm going for a smug chuckle, safe in the knowledge that we were right, that we won and that now they have to admit that we were right and are seeing the benefits of a having a fantastic facility, that they didn't want, in their backyard. I hope Falmer Parish are there too.

Tremendous spot :thumbsup:

The specious shams.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And to add, in the council they did run - Thanet? - they were I believe a shambles. Simply not fit to govern.

Known locally as 'planet Thanet'. It was one an island and the Romans used to maroon Kentish loons and recidivists there. It's in their genes.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Results so far...

UKIP (ultra brexit) -70%
CON (hard brexit) -25%
LAB (sneaky brexit) -10%
LD (Remain) +110%
GRN (Remain) +550%

Laura K BBC analysis: "This could mean people want to just get on with Brexit"

Get ready for round 2 folks...

https://simple.getvoting.org/#/

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
When Corbyn was elected Labour leader, Worthing had no Labour councillors, we now have 10.

Unelectable.

I agree.Corbyn would be perfect as Worthing Council leader.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
2 wards declared in Rother thus far (both in Bexhill) and the Tories have already lost 4 councillors - 2 to Labour, 2 to Independents.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
When Corbyn was elected Labour leader, Worthing had no Labour councillors, we now have 10.

Unelectable.

Shows just how unpopular the reality of a long-term Conservative government is.
Countrywide picture shows how unelectable Labour are.

They just lost Bolsover for the first time in 100 years.
Laughably inept.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tories wiped off the map in my corner of the Thames Valley, lost 23 councillors to Greens and LD. Hanging on in just a few chocolate box villages...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here