Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We might get a draw at arsenal but that won’t help us. We will def lose to city.

If they beat palace , and there is every chance they will then I’m bricking it. Man U are all over the place at the moment .

I’d say we are 75% sure of staying up

Bookies have as at 20s, so they’re >95% sure!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Although it would have to be a win. A draw in one of those games wouldn't matter with the goal difference as it is. Cardiff City would still need to win both games and they would stay up.

My worry is that I could see them turning United over.

Yes, at the moment it is feasible that Cardiff could win both games, I doubt it but it is feasible.
If Man U have any pride they will play to their best and not allow relegation fodder to win at Old Trafford, but they are very shaky at the moment, they could very well beat Palace.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes, at the moment it is feasible that Cardiff could win both games, I doubt it but it is feasible.
If Man U have any pride they will play to their best and not allow relegation fodder to win at Old Trafford, but they are very shaky at the moment, they could very well beat Palace.

I would say Cardiff winning both games is more likely than us getting another point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Starting lineup was incomprehensible to me, Gross is not a winger and ended up playing behind Bruno. We switched formation but it had square pegs in round holes and why only one winger ?

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How does pressing require quality?
Surely its stamina and determination

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We might get a draw at arsenal but that won’t help us. We will def lose to city.

If they beat palace , and there is every chance they will then I’m bricking it. Man U are all over the place at the moment .

I’d say we are 75% sure of staying up
Same. Imagine if they need to win at OT? Wouldn't put it past them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How does pressing require quality?
Surely its stamina and determination

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Exactly, no excuse for the lack of passion and pressing in the first half

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think CH got his team selection totally wrong as we looked a lot better when Bissouma and March came on. Iztquierdo and Kayal before his injury were awful and we improved with the substitutions, mind we couldn't have looked much worse.

Bertie Wooster

Oct 24, 2009
same reason Cardiff went all in for the last 10 minutes, relegation mentality

In a nutshell. Let’s not start sucking our cocks just yet.

Let’s hope that Palace bag an early 2-0 so we can watch in comfort.

Then blowing it in the last two minutes for a draw.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bizarre reaction on here tonight. We are absolutely awful but that draw will probably keep us up.

Quite surprised to the reaction as the reaction on the Mid Sussex Seagulls (Surrey branch) was positive.

We did have a few but I think we over the line. Let the managerial debate start after Man City.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just watched replay, it looks like the policy is to try and keep it to 0 - 0 at all cost for the first half and then we play the last 45 mins fitter than the opposition .
Had to laugh at Duffy heading on goal again, he had at least 4 attempts and stuffed them all and how Glen didn’t finish it from Knocky’s cross, would have been ironic if it had gone in.
1 point is better than none though and scrape 1 more then job done.
Can see Palarse not giving a stuff against Cardiff, but Ole will be needing the win for European qualification.
Dire first half.........again, Chris should go and we should get relegated for bring the game into disrepute and damaging the Premeir League brand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here