Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Defiant burger-flipper tells 'bullying' vegan activists to 'bring it on'

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I really want one of his duck confit burgers now.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Fair play to him, unfortunately Vegan “Terrorists” cannot have a civil discussion, scum bags the lot of them!

Well that’s simply not true. I know plenty of vegan activists who are more civilised than there meat eating counterparts. At the end of the day, some people are just dicks. Doesn’t matter what they eat :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well that’s simply not true. I know plenty of vegan activists who are more civilised than there meat eating counterparts. At the end of the day, some people are just dicks. Doesn’t matter what they eat :shrug:

And just wait until they start eating protein and steroid pumped post-Brexit beef!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Vegans are the new cyclists.

image.jpeg

Ticks both boxes :)

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting assumptions made by some on here about Paul. He was a vegetarian for many years and when he went back to eating meat, is very careful about the sourcing. For the various incarnations of the Trolls Pantry, it has always been about ensuring quality, organic meat and seasonal ingredients including those used to make his own sauces.

As for his involvement in this argument, he has been targeted by this group before but he is close to the team who run HISBE and is sticking up for them.

Yes, he has his moments on social media but generally his heart is in the right place (the other Christmas he provided food for the homeless at his shack).

And to agree with [MENTION=20366]jackanada[/MENTION] his rum and chilli duck confit was one of the best bits of fast food I ate last year.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fair play to them for their values I suppose but they'd probably do a more fruitful job of converting people to veganism if they came up with a decent alternative to cheese. Sheese, Chose, Vedam and the like taste like yellow dog shit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Interesting assumptions made by some on here about Paul. He was a vegetarian for many years and when he went back to eating meat, is very careful about the sourcing. For the various incarnations of the Trolls Pantry, it has always been about ensuring quality, organic meat and seasonal ingredients including those used to make his own sauces.

As for his involvement in this argument, he has been targeted by this group before but he is close to the team who run HISBE and is sticking up for them.

Yes, he has his moments on social media but generally his heart is in the right place (the other Christmas he provided food for the homeless at his shack).

And to agree with [MENTION=20366]jackanada[/MENTION] his rum and chilli duck confit was one of the best bits of fast food I ate last year.

Fairs fair, his food is great.

I would love to try veganism though. The problem I have is the food is revolting and they're all *****.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Why do they feel the need to be an activist? Why can't they just be a vegan?

To fight against the way animals are exploited, for promoting an environmentally friendly lifestyle... Take your pick :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To fight against the way animals are exploited, for promoting an environmentally friendly lifestyle... Take your pick :shrug:

Protesting restaurants is not a clever move. People work hard, they are entitled to spend their money on whatever food they like. A lot of people don't have much spare cash these days, bothering them on their hard earned night out is not gonna win any converts. And nobody appreciates their choices being criticised. It's like criticising someone's holiday destination or choice of house. As a way of changing minds it is virtually useless.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why do they feel the need to be an activist? Why can't they just be a vegan?

this in spades. the aggressive activism tells us its about control and ideology, we must do as they say.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Protesting restaurants is not a clever move. People work hard, they are entitled to spend their money on whatever food they like. A lot of people don't have much spare cash these days, bothering them on their hard earned night out is not gonna win any converts. And nobody appreciates their choices being criticised. It's like criticising someone's holiday destination or choice of house. As a way of changing minds it is virtually useless.

Vegan activism goes far beyond a small minority that cause grief for people who eat at restaurants or work at burger bars. The vast majority of vegan activism is about raising awareness of the way that animals are treated and exploited as well the environmental issues surrounding a meat based diet, and how a vegan diet is scientifically proven to help the environment. Of course, that sort of activism doesn’t make the news...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Vegan activism goes far beyond a small minority that cause grief for people who eat at restaurants or work at burger bars. The vast majority of vegan activism is about raising awareness of the way that animals are treated and exploited as well the environmental issues surrounding a meat based diet, and how a vegan diet is scientifically proven to help the environment. Of course, that sort of activism doesn’t make the news...

And I wholeheartedly respect that. Having attended Veg Fest last year I can attest to their calm approach to their passions.

However, I eat red meat roughly 4 times a year. I do this in restaurants that serve top quality, well reared beef and I pay top whack for it. If some hedge monkey stuck their unwashed face in mine and told me I was a murderer while I'm savouring the flavour of a perfectly cooked argentinian steak that cost me £65 they'd get a fork in their tit.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I eat red meat roughly 4 times a year. I do this in restaurants that serve top quality, well reared beef and I pay top whack for it. If some hedge monkey stuck their unwashed face in mine and told me I was a murderer while I'm savouring the flavour of a perfectly cooked argentinian steak that cost me £65 they'd get a fork in their tit.

Thank you so much.

You haven’t really responded to anything I said though have you. If you think that vegan activism starts and ends with ‘hedge monkeys’ it shows how little you know about veganism and the ideology behind it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here