Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Terrible Albums With Only One Good Song

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Songs to Remember by ScrittiPolitti has this gem and the rest is shite. Odd as all their other stuff is great.

https://youtu.be/C4qVS6GrmRc

ps "Although he does not appear on the album, Steve Sidwell played trumpet on the single version of "Faithless".

This presumably is why he stuck with football.

Disagree - this is and always has been my ‘go to’ album by Scritti Politti - fantastic from start to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
St Anger by Metallica was a complete and utter disaster. Borne by an inflated egos and some awful navel gazing self indulgence they thought it was a good idea to have no guitar solos and the snare drum was swapped for a biscuit tin. The outcome was an utter mess that they even accept now.

The only redeeming song being the title track St Anger itself which half decent riff and vocal refrain.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who's next, first and last tracks are nailed on rock classics, rest of the album, oh deary me

"Who's Next was an immediate success when it was released in August 1971. It has since been viewed by many critics as the Who's best record and one of the greatest albums of all time. It was reissued on CD several times"

It's good to get minority views on NSC though, isn't it? Even tiny, miniscule minorities...........

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
'I Can't Read' is a perfectly adequate Bowie song.

The rest of Tin Machine is ****ing gash.

Edit, but at.least that one adequate song more than 'Never Let Me Down', which is horrendous.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At risk of offending HWT again, I'll go with The Stranglers' No More Heroes

I loved the Stranglers back in the day but can't listen to them now. They sound like fledgling bellicose middle aged broflakes. Was chatting with an old mate of mine, who has a black Jamaican mother, about 10 years ago, reminding me of when the Stranglers played the Buccaneer and how uncomfortable she felt when they did 'Feel like a wog'.....So no consternation whatsoever for your selection :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Disagree - this is and always has been my ‘go to’ album by Scritti Politti - fantastic from start to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I'll give it another go. I bought it on vinyl and was shocked and disappoointed and only listened to it the once. That was, er, in about 1993 :lolol:

I saw them supporting The Clash at the Top Rank, and loved the semi improv nonsense (Skank Bloc Bologna etc), and also the lovely disco bollocks of later.....anyway, when I've had another listen later I'll pop back with my verdict.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Landscape, From The Tea-Rooms of Mars to the Hell Holes of Uranus - the only saving grace on this album was the marvellous Einstein A Go-Go, the rest was drivel - ok, maybe Norman Bates was worth a listen...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Athletico Spizz 80 - Do A Runner

Edit: Actually all the tracks off that album a crap.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I have heard the 'Babylon Zoo' album.

It is phenomenally shit.

The first single, 'Spaceman' was a colossal hit ... and awful.

If success equates to good then that is an epic example.

It is proper shitehouse.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Deep Purple Stormbringer

Although the Album title track is a corker the rest of the Album is shite

[yt]PoHEeS0ktcc&list=PLgLk-j8sdm7Zm_kznopJSp4YEnTkgxISg[/YT]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills