Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booing Valery WTF

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Ok, for those of you booing Valery after Andone tried to snap his leg in two, WHY? What is your reasoning? Or did you just hear someone else do it and like the good sheep that you are you just had to Baaa along? Personally I would like to see Andone rubbed out for 5 games for that. He could have destroyed the guys career and yet here you are booing the victim? Too be honest hearing you boo was downright embarrassing.

From where I was in NW corner it looked like a shoulder barge and hence a very poor decision. VAR being in existence made me believe it must have been more than that so I didn't boo or applaud him off. If VAR wasn't in play then I would have joined them in the booing probably. Perhaps those booing had the same initial interpretation as I did.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From where I was in NW corner it looked like a shoulder barge and hence a very poor decision. VAR being in existence made me believe it must have been more than that so I didn't boo or applaud him off. If VAR wasn't in play then I would have joined them in the booing probably. Perhaps those booing had the same initial interpretation as I did.

The ref produced a red immediately, before deciding to go to VAR (if he did). There wasn't any hesitation, it was studs up.

[tweet]1165271144330481664[/tweet]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The ref produced a red immediately, before deciding to go to VAR (if he did). There wasn't any hesitation, it was studs up.

All red cards are reviewed by VAR. I believe Horse means that it wasn't overturned by VAR meant the incident had been checked and was still deemed a red card made them realise (in the moment, before having a chance to see a replay themselves) that the ref was probably right.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

I'm not saying it was not a poor challenge or that it didn't deserved red. Just that in the instant, from where I was it didn't look as bad as it was. That may have been why peopled applauded him off and boo'd valery. Nothing more than that. Can't believe that people would have acted as they did if they'd seen the challenge fully.

Ref's giving a red means nothing, as with Boro away with Steven's proved.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No idea why people booed and no idea why Andone was clapped off. Both crazy things to do. Outside of the red (which was correct obviously) the ref had a shocker on all the other decisions.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Just clumsy but nearly broke the man's leg. He had to have lengthy treatment and was subbed off very quickly in the second half.
Nobody is saying Andone meant it, in fact, he stayed on for a while to apologise.

:facepalm:

He was fine, and the substitution was tactical. A fullback for a winger.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Andone at half time came out and sat behind dug out - trying to justify / explain why not his fault to some of the academy coaching staff sat there at half time

Some younger fans even got photos with him

Quite surprised he appeared there - then seemed to disappear - didn't see where he watched second half from - though we did joke one of the stewards must have thrown him out

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think that says more about you than the opening poster

I just heard someone else do it and like the good sheep that I am, i just had to Baaa along.

Nice to see it didn't affect you much.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I didn't realise you are part of the Southampton medical team.

Have you actually seen the challenge in realtime? Or are you making your assumption from the stills that make it look far worse than it actually was?

He hardly caught him on the leg, thankfully. He led with his arse, trying to barge Valery off the ball by backing into him. There was only a glancing blow on the leg, certainly not enough to injure him.

I'm not defending Andone, it was reckless and he can have no complaints, but I do think Valery made a meal of it.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Have you actually seen the challenge in realtime? Or are you making your assumption from the stills that make it look far worse than it actually was?

He hardly caught him on the leg, thankfully. He led with his arse, trying to barge Valery off the ball by backing into him. There was only a glancing blow on the leg, certainly not enough to injure him.

I'm not defending Andone, it was reckless and he can have no complaints, but I do think Valery made a meal of it.

Agreed the alternate videos on twitter shows it was worthy of a sending off but Andone rolled off the player, not a great impact on the players leg

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I just heard someone else do it and like the good sheep that I am, i just had to Baaa along.

Nice to see it didn't affect you much.

I dont get your point about me? Does it ever concern you that you dont seem to have a mind of your own, I guess it doesn't because if it did you would try and think for yourself.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I didn't see the challenge properly. It happened so quickly. But then I knew the referee was in a position to so accepted the verdict. For that reason I gave Andone no applause. Knowing what a hot head he is I guessed it was naturally a dangerous move.

I was a bit agitated by the boos. It shows a classless ignorance. I'm all for partisan support. But what I heard was the part of the game I don't enjoy. They'll always be a sound from the sewers at matches. The reality is at least the majority of folk don't get involved.

This.

Nicely said

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I'm in WSL towards the south end and didn't get a good view and whilst I didn't boo/applaud I guess I could understand others with same limited view doing so.

Having seen the replays I hope Potter can sort Andone out, will be a big gamble to start him again anytime soon. He's hardly a prolific scorer and if thuggery is his MO then he needs to find a different sport
Or join dirty Leeds

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

https://twitter.com/i/status/1165271505611231238 Stop this at 2 seconds and tell me he lead with his arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here